Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A complete key rework. Hear me out.

First off I main killer but play both sides consistently enough to be red grade 1 every month on both ends. With the hatch rework keys are in a strange place and not worth their cost on the blood web.

My suggestion is to completely overhaul keys and their add-ons as follows.

• Keys no longer can open a closed hatch.

• Keys no longer have aura reading base kit or through add-ons.

• Keys are changed to, when opening a chest in game consume your key to guarantee a new item of at least 1 quality set lower, 35% chance to find an item of same quality.

• Introduce new chest only item that is automatically consumed/destroyed by end of trial if not used.

• New item. Shard of glass (pink rarity), this item can be consumed to perform a very difficult skill check to free yourself from killers grasp. Like old ds the skill check zone is small.

• New item cannot be obtained in any way other than opening a chest with a pink skeleton key and is not 100% guaranteed pull. It is also affected by Franklin's Demise and forced from a survivors hands not dropped independently.

add-ons would be an entirely different list I would need access to my PC to go through so I will post their changes later. Just curious of peoples opinion of this rough overview for a key overhaul.

Comments

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

It's a neat idea, however the fact hat you need to use an ultra rare item, for a one time use item, that is is not 100% guaranteed, that can be negated with a perk, just seems a bit much. Maybe instead make it so the item can be accessed with any key however the likelihood of shard of glass is is affected by which key you use. Broken key 10%, dull key 40%, skeleton key, 70% however you can still get normal items from the chest but with base addons, equal to the rarity of the key. Purple key, purple addons, pink key pink addons. Apart form that I support the change as current keys are just useless as an item.