Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Being disconnect from the host

emodeshort
emodeshort Member Posts: 180

How to repeat it: I don't know exactly, it happens randomly regardless of my internet or other external factors

I would like to point out that, this is not the first time this problem has occurred, or my first thread in here. It has been happening for two weeks non-stop, and your support seems to be allergic to even answering my emails. I'm taking Punishment for disconnecting even though i didn't intend to, it's frustrating.

7 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• sunshinejamie1
    sunshinejamie1 Member Posts: 6

Join the club. I'm still waiting for them to get back with me too and I'm on switch. Ever since public test build got released everything started breaking. I'm on nintendo switch and my servers were fine (before public test build was released) and connecting and working and I was able to play and now I can't even do anything. And I put so much money into this damn game. They need to fix this now 😡

• Okappa
    Okappa Member Posts: 7

Have same problem here. It started happening week or even two back, always shows as killer being the one who DCed. From match i get BP, pip or depip (as if match was finished properly) and DC penalty on top of that. I have crossplay on and it happens with both all PC players in match and mixed.

Another annoying thing is that yesterday I had 3 games where this did happen (and i simply stopped playing after 3rd one) and today I had one, which gave me 15 min penalty (aren't they suppose to daily reset those so it starts with 5 mins? I never DC myself so I'm not sure how it works).

• emodeshort

I never disconnect either, but this being disconnected made me take a punishment of 3 days, this was at the end of last week and it still hasn't reduced, at this point I've accepted that these 3 days will be eternal lmao

• Okappa

@emodeshort it's awful, I personally every time just stopped playing after 2nd-3rd DC because i didn't want penalty to go higher than 15 mins and because whole thing just makes me to not want to play. I also did switch to killer queue to see if it does that to killers too, but killer queue in my region is pretty long, so picking it already feels like waiting for penalty before every game lol. Didn't play much of killer games (did do all available challanges from Grove and from 2 pages of current tome), didn't have it happening in single one of them (had one DC while loading screen, but it did not give me penalty thankfully).

• emodeshort

Yeah, I bought the game about 3 weeks ago, I spent more time banned than playing.

• fmGRKN
    fmGRKN Member Posts: 5

On PS4 here. Went to vault a window, game froze for a few seconds and then went to load screen then end screen that showed the killer DC'd. also got the same error, all BP and Pips happened as usual but still got a DC penalty for it. So the game knows I didnt DC but it thinks I DC'd. HAHAHA

• Okappa

This is still happening, had killers DC on loading screen today 3 times in a row and one after match did load. Got 5k bp (was obsession) and DC penalty (15 mins, since I guess it doesn't reset after yesterday).

• fmGRKN

3rd time in 2 days now. ######### is going on?

• fmGRKN

And just now a 4th time. I'm gonna stream this and try to see if it'll happen yet again.

• fmGRKN
    edited November 2021

sorry for the double post

• emodeshort

No worry, this is indeed pretty #########, Let's hope so many people talking abt it in this thread open their eyes to this bug that literally prevents me from playing lol

• emodeshort
    edited November 2021

welp, it happened again. I just got back from my 3 day wrongful punishment, and on my first match I was greeted with a warm [BAD WORD] you and another 3 day ban. I have 30 hours on the pc version, and I've probably spent triple that time banned, I think they're too busy fixing harmless cosmetic bugs rather than something that really hurt the player experience. I will be leaving a negative review on steam, if I could make a refund at this point, I would definitely do it.

• JonnyGames
    JonnyGames Member Posts: 6

In the same boat, I am getting the "Disconnected from Host" every other game on Xbox Console. now I have a 72hr ban.