Does it ever occur to anyone why no one plays killer

Gamers today are babies. They will take the easy way out. Survivor is like a child's game compared to killer. Literally the reason players have time and effort to troll & teabag. Because the killer is too busy worrying about the 6,000 things he has to do while the survivor who is supposed to be under stress from the killer is playing a game they almost can't lose unless they're awful. If DBD was to change the game to make it more balanced all the survivors would quit and go to another game where they are catered to.

The only people that think this game is balanced are people who never play killer.

Comments

• nfochairman
    nfochairman Member Posts: 50

Well obviously i play killer too but you know it's a valid point.

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175

Yep totally true bro,just posted a thread mentioning the same thing,10 min queue as survivor,iinstant game as killer,the game is unbalanced,not fun anymore and tilted towards survivors.I play both equally and survivor is now boring while killer is frustrating and unsatisfying especially since the boon totem garbage,all BHVR do is add cosmetics for dress up dolls and don’t deal with the serious gameplay issues.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I notice this i qd in to play killer during the day expecting the 5-10 minutes and got up to get something to drink and boom was in a match in about 10 seconds. It was around 2 pm pst

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I try to play Survivor but have 5-10 min wait times any time of the day but as Killer 2 min tops. Less and less players are playing Killer so I'm getting some strange matches at time.

If DbD doesn't do something soon thier game wont last IMO. Games cant be played without Killers and the Toxic SWFs and really Toxic survivors on the forums dont understand the game doesn't revolve around them.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I knew it was getting bad as I feel like I can no longer call myself a killer main because I tend to play more survivor these day as it less frustrating

• nfochairman

Doesn't the fact that they have time to troll & teabag and use Flashlight even when they don't need to tell you a little something about how easy survivor is?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I actually get 20 minute queue's as Killer.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yeah, this thread is going to go well.

I mostly play killer (80% of the time I'd say) and I definitely sympathize - it's an incredibly frustrating role a lot of the time.

This isn't helped by how BM so many survivors are - nothing makes your day quite like having someone teabag you at the gates after you deliberately went easy after they had a DC.

BHVR's occasional frustrating design decisions regarding killers don't help much - nerfing Wraith and Pinhead because of the trouble they give newer players while not buffing nerf because of the trouble she gives higher MMR players feels like a double standard.

That said...most survivor players either also play killer, or just don't enjoy the killer role, and prefer a more cooperative approach to high responsibility solo play. It's certainly a more relaxing role.

This a point that can be made without being nasty to survivor players.

Except for the BMers amongst you.

You know who you are.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It is a wonder that killer players have the audacity to complain when the game favors them so much. I can 4k in my sleep and still be too tired to navigate the menus properly and accidentally queue for survivor where a sweaty killer will demolish us faster than killers pretend they are gen rushed. That wakes me up real fast.

• nfochairman

Yea, you definitely don't play killer at night. I can tell just by the way you talk

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited November 2021

Queue times are mainly centered around the US timezones. During the morning and daytime EST-PST, more people (relative to the 4:1 ratio) play killer, and the survivors are largely solo since many people are at school or work and can't group up. In the evening and night, people can gather, some people who were playing killer earlier in the day switch to join their friends, others start playing DBD because they only play with friends, and the concentration of SWFs jumps up as well as the percentage of people playing survivor. This is why killer queues are short at night and why the games are typically sweatier. It certainly doesn't mean that nobody plays killer.

Sigh. This forum really doesn't need any more "my side is the most downtrodden and oppressed cause known to man and I personally resent everyone who plays the other side, now let me tell you why you and everyone you associate with are entitled little cretins" posters joining the fray. I'd advise being a little less aggressive and quick to generalize people - at the very least, look at their posting history and see what opinions they actually have before going all 'SURVIVOR MAIN!' on them. And try to keep in mind that while this is pretty much a zero-sum game, the scales themselves don't shift unanimously; there are unbalanced, unfun, and undesirable things for both sides of DBD that exist concurrently. There's nothing wrong with saying one side has things worse than the other, but I take umbrage when people get so tribal about it that they go into random threads to stir the pot, brand everyone who doesn't unanimously agree with them, and treat the opposite side like an insult. We're all people playing a video game. It shouldn't get to the point where we hate the other players (at least without them individually doing something to deserve it.)

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's definitely not balanced towards skill, by BHVR's own admission. Likewise, high-level DBD gameplay is some of the most boring ######### on the planet.

• TIMOTHEE
    TIMOTHEE Member Posts: 4

Dude playing killer is horrible you should only have to hook each survivor twice 3 times each is just not realistic and is not possible going against survivors that just loop all day. I am very let down with the time and energy I've spent trying to learn how to play as killer and I literally want all the money I've spent back. I don't want to play anymore and I want a refund because like an ediot I bought every killer thinking I might find a good one that's strong and easy to use but nope.. money wasted survivors can't be touched at a certain point and it's ridiculous. I'm very upset and depressed about it and I want a fund... If they don't want to fix the issue then give me my money back I bought every killer in the game and they all SUCK...!!!!!

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Evil Dead came out this week and the Thread Necromancy followed.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

Disagree, i love playing killer. I hate playing the bottom say, 16-17 killers.

M1 killers are boring af and its basically torture to play any killer without some sort of anti loop. But its insanely fun to play say Nurse or Twins. Is that good game design to have most of your killers be this frustrating? I dunno and i dont care, ill just keep vibing with strong killers <3

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451
    edited May 2022

No need to necro a 6 month old topic.

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

Try playing SoloQ where 5 out of 10 matches has a DC within 60 seconds because it's a killer or a map your teammate doesn't like or they just went down in 10 seconds giving the Killer an almost unlosable match and then we can have a chat about frustration.

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

I find it taking longer to get killer matches during the day than at night. Though that might be due to my region.

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188

Look at the holiday Easter easy to find eggs and look at DBD easy to find totems both gone after just 30 sec.