I would love to have a replay mode in DBD !

Just like in GTA V where you can save and edit your replay by choosing camera angles and others stuffs like that ! You could make a short movie, it would be so much fun !

Comments

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

I want this feature so bad.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, this is a popular request. The devs have mentioned it I think in dev chats as one of those things they like but think that because there are reasonable third party programs to record your games it’s not a high priority to develop their own internal system.

Personally I think they should have a replay system internally that saves game replays automatically for a limited time on their server, and then attaches those replays to ingame tickets from those games. That would ensure every ticket always has a corresponding replay file for reference, taking that burden off the player to know how to record them and to manually record all their own games on the off chance an abuse occurs. It seems like that would be a boon for customer service probably. (I’m assuming they don’t have such a system since they still require manual uploads of video files to review ingame abuse tickets.)

• Sangotunk
    Sangotunk Member Posts: 46

Imagine being able to use a tracking shot to show the interaction between the killer and the survivors !

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

This would be great!

Then I could finally study baby dweets and claudetters in their natural habitats, undisturbed by my physical presence as I watch them.

---

Also it would make reporting hackers a hell of a lot easier.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

I think it'd quite expensive to run that system, video files are huge and the storage would stack up pretty quickly if you are recording every single game, even if you only held the data for half an hour.

• Sangotunk

It would be amazing ! I really hope that they will add this feature, even if I lose it would be so much fun to be able to record all the match and film the way you want !

• Sangotunk

True I didn't think about that ! Would be even better ! Just the idea of using a close shot of a baby Dwight who gets hit right in the face by a hatchet lmao

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

A replay system like in Overwatch would be cool but I really don't think BHVR is capable of such thing.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
  • JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685

Feels to me like its quite a complex system to develop so would take a lot of the devs time up I think. Just based on the amount of bugs we see on each Killer/mechanic release, I would just think they don't have the time and QA capabilities to get something like that done. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

There's a few ways to do it though, I mentioned about expensive storage earlier, I suppose it doesn't have to be literal videos saved, but if they save all the control inputs of all players, then they can literally "replay" the match with the engine, and the moves are much smaller to store as it is basically text.

I'm assuming that is how the Halo/CoD theatre modes worked if you remember these.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

If it is added DBD Roleplay will happen & we will see this happen

Youtube Recommandations

DBD RP Episode 3:Cheryl falls in love with Bill(& gets married OMG!!!)