A pretty good buff to the Wraith

Options
LatexT
LatexT Member Posts: 96

So we all know in what position the Wraith is right now, and I thought of a pretty good buff since his power is pretty bad (You can see him with no problem whatsoever). I thought that instead of seeing his silouette when he is invisibile, you can't see it anymore, and you can only see the grass move and hear his grunts. What do you think? I played many matches with him at high ranks, but I am seen too quickly to get anywhere near those survivors.

Comments

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

-total invisibility
    -buff to his uncloak speed

• built in windstorm
      -let him move through the obstacles at 90% of his speed while cloaked

Boom, a viable killer

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@LatexT said:
    So we all know in what position the Wraith is right now, and I thought of a pretty good buff since his power is pretty bad (You can see him with no problem whatsoever). I thought that instead of seeing his silouette when he is invisibile, you can't see it anymore, and you can only see the grass move and hear his grunts. What do you think? I played many matches with him at high ranks, but I am seen too quickly to get anywhere near those survivors.

Tbh, that alone wouldnt change much

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,251
    edited June 2018
    Options

@LatexT said:

I somewhat support the idea but I'd like to see it to where Wraith was completely invisible until maybe within 12 meters or so and then you could see the shimmer fade in. It still wouldn't change much but it's better than him being able to be seen far enough away even while invisible.

@RSB said:
    -total invisibility

• built in windstorm

Boom, a viable killer

So walk through pallets? What would happen if Wraith tried to uncloak while ontop of a pallet?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Possibly, but I'd prefer buffs like:

• Built in Windstorm, because it's a strong and fun add on that allows for cool plays (nerf the Windstorm add ons to compensate)
    • A big increase to movement speed whilst cloaked, giving him a decent boost in map pressure and more of a reason to cloak often
    • A rework of most of his add ons, as they are mostly complete garbage
  • LatexT
    LatexT Member Posts: 96
    Options

@Dustin said:
    So walk through pallets? What would happen if Wraith tried to uncloak while ontop of a pallet?

I think he means like vaulting a window at 90% of the normal speed, breaking pallets at 90% speed and so on

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@LatexT said:

@Dustin said:

I think he means like vaulting a window at 90% of the normal speed, breaking pallets at 90% speed and so on

No, he means walking through obstacles such as walls and such. It has been asked several times and wouldn't be too strong overall.
    About the uncloaking, just do not allow him to uncloak inside objects.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Dustin said:

@LatexT said:

I somewhat support the idea but I'd like to see it to where Wraith was completely invisible until maybe within 12 meters or so and then you could see the shimmer fade in. It still wouldn't change much but it's better than him being able to be seen far enough away even while invisible.

@RSB said:
    -total invisibility

• built in windstorm

Boom, a viable killer

He could not.

• DasMurich
    DasMurich Member Posts: 67
    Options
    I don't know that it's his visibility being an issue but more a series of effects that slow him down that defeats the point of his being able to ambush.

I have a lot of success getting right on top of survivors. For me it feels like a combination of being unable to attack while cloaked, slowing down to uncloak, and being "stunned" more or less after landing a hit. 

It feels like once the momentum in a match starts to pick up that cloaking just becomes useless since you're already being slowed by windows, pallets, flashlights with those survivors that get that huge speed burst after you hit them. 

His tracking abilities are great. I'm using tier 3 Bloodhound, Predator, Whispers, and ....... What's the name, the one where you go stealth standing still? Anyways, it feels like he'd be running better if maybe his ability to ambush were the focus? 

Like if you could get within a yard or two of survivor undetected you can put them down in 1 hit?

Or, you transfer the cloak so to speak. When you hit a survivor they're then 100% invisible to other survivors until healed? If you hook them and they're invisible the other survivors might have a hard time finding the hook especially if there's a few close together. Might jive well with Rotten Oak.

I don't know, just my opinion with very few hours to back it up. Might make better use of his power to heavily reward the ambush or something that will affect survivors ability to act as a team, keep them separated, isolated.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Nah,all they need to do is this... and he'd be a nice mid tier killer.

-Increase his cloaked speed by 5%.
    -Do not let any pink or purple add ons of his have any drawbacks. (no negative effects)

And bingo. He's viable.

The extra 5% speed travel will help and his really nice add ons wouldn't have any drawbacks. This is the simple fix for him that improves him directly. No more increasing reappearance time, or anything for having windstorm etc..