Add option to disable Survive With Friends?

I'm playing killer and I'm noticing that a lot of people are joining my lobbies that are way out of my skill range but they're playing with a friend so they're joining my lobbies. I'm new to killer and I'm at rank 14 but I'm noticing that I would be playing with red ranks who are way more skilled at escaping and have way better perks than I'm use to. I messaged one of them and asked why he's queuing with lower ranks killers and he said his friend (who's also in red rank) is making alt accounts so they can continue playing with low rank killers and boost their main accounts. Seems to me that since naturally I can't match up with a survivor in red ranks who's solo queuing then it's fair to say that I shouldn't be matching up with red ranks who are playing survive with friends.

Comments

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

Also, why do people boost in Dead by Daylight? You literally have nothing to get out of it. Ranks don't matter in this game. They're suppose to be used so you can be matched with people in your skill range. Correct?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

God I wish we could disable SWF from our que's

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994

Due to this abuse, which is very rampant in many different forms, all SWF groups should be matched based on the survivor with the highest rank. If a low ranked survivor is playing with a higher ranked friend, they may not have as nice an experience, but that's what real friends are for. The higher ranked friend should be helping the lower ranked player to play better, and in the end, this will create better players overall.

When I started playing the game a little over a year ago, my friends were much higher in rank, and I was constantly playing with rank 10 or higher killers, even though I was only in the 20-18 range. In some ways it sucked, but at the same time, and with the help of my friends, I was able to learn a play style that works for me, and continues to work for me at rank 1. Averaging the ranks of SWF groups is just flat out bad overall, and needs to be changed.

On a side note, as the OP states, there is nothing preventing players from creating alts, which means that the accounts that they aren't playing on will have significant rank decay over time. The rank decay system also needs to be modified, such that a rank reset never decays a player more than 5 ranks. It should take 2 years of not playing to get the to lowest rank, 20. Having ranks 25-21 would be great for beginners, where rank resets can never decay below 20.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    All these salty ass killers crying about SWF.

If 99% of you didn't rely on facecamp and NOED then maybe playing solo would be a better experience.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited November 2018

@The_Crusader said:

If 99% of you didn't rely on facecamp and NOED then maybe playing solo would be a better experience.

Camping only became more popular the more you guys abused SWF.
    When I started playing, I cant even remember being camped.... but guess that was a different community back then. Now I look at comments like this and yeah... reflects pretty much what I see ingame too

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Master said:

@The_Crusader said:

Camping only became more popular the more you guys abused SWF.
    When I started playing, I cant even remember being camped.... but guess that was a different community back then. Now I look at comments like this and yeah... reflects pretty much what I see ingame too

Solo is unejoyable these days because of the way killers play.

I play a lot of solo but try to do more SWF in direct reaction to all the camping.

I look at comments like this and yeah reflects pretty much what I see in game too.
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Every killers weakness is SWF. The option to disable SFW would be like killing SWF because every killer would use it. I know I would so I stop getting rank high ranks and with really low ranks to balance it out. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    May as well. I mean it would help out both sides. 

Killers won't have to lobby dodge.

SWF won't have to rebuild the team every time it happens.

I'm certainly going back to dodging since the overwhelming majority of SWFs just aren't fun to play against.
    They're often toxic, coordinated, will end the game as quickly as they can, and will give me as small of a chance to do anything as possible. 

I'm sure there's enough killers not to care if they filter swf or not, and survivors generally don't seem to mind gambling if an swf will help them escape or leave them hanging.