We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Claire Redfield Needs Changes!

SgtRyeBread
SgtRyeBread Member Posts: 30

Hi I’m here to talk about Claire Redfield’s face. I’m a huge fan of Resident Evil and Claire is my favorite character from the franchise! I was so thrilled to hear that she was coming into the game as a legendary skin, but I’m very disappointed in the execution of her. Before I continue I don’t mean any hate towards the artist that modeled her this is just constructive criticism. The hair and outfit look absolutely amazing! It looks more detailed and nicer then the game shes from! My issue lies with her face, it looks super off compared to the rest of the Resident Evil characters. 

I understand dead by daylight has to alter them to fit in the realm but they did not do a good job on her face at all. The main issues with her face is,

• Her overall head shape is a lot longer and not as round as how she appears in the resident evil game.
  • Her nose looks very crooked and off.
  • Her Cupids-bow is way to prominent and weird looking.
  • She has strange almost eye bag looking things under her eyes.

Not only is it the actual model of the head but it’s also the textures. Here is a photo that someone made of her Resident Evil 2 textures on her dead by daylight model it looks much better but you can still see the actual lips and nose looks off. 

Render by: @xZombieAlix

If it weren’t for the fact Jill, Leon and Chris look pretty accurate I’d say they changed her for some personal reasons but it’s pretty evident that’s not the case. Look how excellent the other 3 look!

Renders By: @xZombieAlix

Jill and Chris I will say do not look 100% accurate but they still look good! Jill In game looks absolutely stunning and Chris looks like a mixture between multiple different Chris faces but you can still tell it’s Chris Redfield. 

Leon looks absolutely perfect and face wise he looks straight from the resident evil game. I’m not sure what went wrong with Claire. 

Here are some in game photos of all of them just to get a good idea of how bad Claire looks compared to the rest. 

Looking at the in game photos you can definitely see Claire got the short end of the stick. What kills me as well is how she looks absolutely nothing like the promotional art. 

Example:

I know some are going to say she was changed but the only changes she got was the eye color change. She has more issues then just that.

Render by: @xZombieAlix

I really hope this post will gain the attraction by the devs so hopefully they will make a change to her! I’ve tried multiple different times to get a word from people but I never get a clear answer about a fix for her. So please anyone from behavior if you see this please put a word in to give Claire the update she deserves! With all new beautiful survivor reworks she feels like a step down. I know the artists are capable of doing better on her!

-

Please Upvote and share this so hopefully we can get her fixed! here are some other photos for you to see how bad she looks compared to how she is supposed to look like.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• NemIsLive
    NemIsLive Member Posts: 111

Yup, its truly a shame.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,423

Well done on the screenshot comparisons. Hopefully the devs will fix her eventually.

Really poor business practice releasing her for $15 in such a bad state.

• Jaxton2000
    Jaxton2000 Member Posts: 162

I agree with everything you've said, well put together.

I don't know why they had to make her face the scariest thing in the game, but they did.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Well said !

• skylustv
    skylustv Member Posts: 221

RE characters from chapter 1 are screaming for a special retouch

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,129

An overbite so strong she just has no chin either, She costs more than a chapter and she is a beloved Resident Evil character that deserves a lot more.

I agree entirely with OP, fix her please.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,020

DBD Claire worked a McDonald's shift that's why she looks like that.

This discussion has been closed.