If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What would happen if a survivor commit suicide?

Options
JesusPrime
JesusPrime Member Posts: 12

Two questions;
One: what if a survivor hooked their self, the entity feeds off hope so would it get any "energy" from this?

Two: What if a survivor killed their self in another way eg jumping in the campfire, we know from the mori description that the entity can only feed off survivor who die on the hook, would they even be able to die (and then be infinitely resurrected by the entity)

Answers

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited June 2018
    Options

Benedict mentioned once, that you cant burn yourself with campfire. He tried to put his hand inside, but it didnt get burn, despite the fact it gives out heat. The only thing that could be burned - offerings.
    Survivors also for some reason didn`t take damage from jumping from heights (like stairs in Ironworks of Misery).
    And I highly doubt that survivors can hook themselves - its too hard to do physically - hooks are positioned too high. While survivors hooked, their feet dont even touch the ground.
    The only possible way I can Imagine - slaugther themselves with hatchets inside the lockers.

Post edited by Rattman on
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,946
    Options

As vague as the lore is, it does make a point that the Entity is very specific about what Survivors it chooses for this reason. It selects the ones that will never give up, always keep fighting and provide the Entity with the hope it needs again and again.

• PlasmaPea
    PlasmaPea Member Posts: 7
    Options

Well if the survivor kept killing themselves then the entity would see no purpose in keeping that survivor in there and either let them free or have them go to the afterlife

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

@jester said:
    "Death is not an escape." If they found away to successfully commit suicide, I fully believe they'd just wake up at the campfire.

I was going to make a comment almost exactly like this one.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

I guess he would become a killer?

Since according to the lore survivor that lost all hope of escape are repurposed by the entity as killer.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Options

@Dragonredking said:

Since according to the lore survivor that lost all hope of escape are repurposed by the entity as killer.

Where is this come from?

• DwightLivesMatter
    Options

Possibly DS themselves :)

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

@Rattman said:

@Dragonredking said:

Where is this come from?

I can’t say where atm, but I’ve read something similar. I don’t think that’s specifically the case though. The entity pushes people to kill instead of survive, but now I am wondering What happens to a survivor who loses all hope, but has no drive to kill either....

• Wolff_Bringer
    Wolff_Bringer Member Posts: 90
    Options

They would become killer, since they loose hope. They are 2 things people can choose when in the realm: Never lose hope and feed the entitus with it and try to survive the trails - staying as a survivor.
    Or lose hope and become a killer and still help the entitus in doing his bidding [I dont know how this word is written]

When you are in the entitus realm - DEATH IS NOT AN ESCAPE. Loosing hope isnt an escape either, since you would stay as a killer.

But in one Q&A or in one of the livestreams from the developer, i think its said that the entitus can kill people ones and for all somehow. But this is to vague to discuss.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2018
    Options

If a survivor tries to kill himself it's because he lost his hope, so it's of no use to the Entity.

@xmenfanatic said:

@Rattman said:

@Dragonredking said:

Where is this come from?

I can’t say where atm, but I’ve read something similar. I don’t think that’s specifically the case though. The entity pushes people to kill instead of survive, but now I am wondering What happens to a survivor who loses all hope, but has no drive to kill either....

Actually that's just speculation, but someone thought it was a good idea to write it in the wiki so people think it's official. What's sure is that no killer we know have ever been a survivor.
    Imo hopeless survivors are just discarded by the Entity, since it can't feed off them anymore. I like to think they simply disappear in the fog, but they could just return to the real world or simply dying for good.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

unless the survivor just go so boerd and lost all hope to the point they just got into a trial and automatically got onto the ground and slept. thats what i would do if i could never truly die

• godren
    godren Member Posts: 120
    edited September 2018
    Options

If they do that The Entity will resurrect them at the campifre because it wants to consume their hope again and again.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

If they simply try to kill themselves as in "wake up" action...

nah, they wouldn't. The moment they try to kill themselves, they're losing hope. When they do - they become killers and entity forces them to hunt others. simple

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

@JesusPrime said:
    Two questions;
    One: what if a survivor hooked their self, the entity feeds off hope so would it get any "energy" from this?

Two: What if a survivor killed their self in another way eg jumping in the campfire, we know from the mori description that the entity can only feed off survivor who die on the hook, would they even be able to die (and then be infinitely resurrected by the entity)

if they killed them self that means they have no hope and become a killer