A scream for a casual players who is not happy with the SBMM.

Options

English is not my first language, so be kind.

It's impossible play as killer since the SBMM and boons release, gens fly and if you don't use a full gen regression build, you can even hook 1 survivor and the 5 gens are done.

Now i'm with 5 hours of dc penalty only because the game put me in a terrible place of being stressfull , i'm not good with killer and i only get the same swf with CoH, Adrenaline, Dead Heard. My last game was with Wraith and it's almost impossible hit someone with his lunge nerfed.

SBMM was being terrible for me, as survivor i loop, do gen, save, heal and died from facecamp in m,y first hook because the teamates do gens e leave, so they mmr rise and my goes down.

SBMM is not healty for the game, the emblem system was the most approximately good we used have. They need to rethink the MMR, bring back the old system or add a casual game mode.

I don't want play Blight with Pop, Ruin, undying and Corrupt every game, and as survivor i don't want use DS, Unbreakable, dead heard every single game.

Thank's for read mine complaint and let's be nice to each other.

Comments

• filipeaa
    filipeaa Member Posts: 11
    Options

We can't forget that for we have a match, we need 4 survivores and 1 killer, nerf killer and buff survivor and you will have much longer waiting for survivors, i don't wanna wait 5 minutes to find a match.

Less killers, less matchs.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 598
    Options

Killer has been nothing but pain for me since SBMM. I get stomped in most my matches now, but as survivor I survivor with a 3 or 4 man escape. I hate it.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 704
    Options

welcome to the dbd forums. its an echo chamber for killer mains.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I just liked the game but it's worse and getting worse by the hour.

• themoobs1984
    themoobs1984 Member Posts: 619
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Killers:Right like can Myers get a little buff

Survivors: I die to Myers all the time he's strong

BTW pig op please nerd

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

It's a tricky example there because Tombstone add-ons are total BS, and the best stalking add-on means guaranteed hook trades, but other than that Myers is in need of some serious buffs.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

It's not that big issue if you learn to watch out, if his hand is open / fist. Then just go into a locker, so he can't mori you, or just be in some animation -> gen, vault.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

It takes alot to pull it off and I think its kind of funny when it happens but thats just me. His basekit is so dated I would love to see him get some love.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

Like I'm gonna be able to notice that in the middle of a tense chase. This idea that Tombstone has counters is ridiculous. Looking at the killer's hand and jumping in the locker to give him an instadown for free are not counters. It's funny how every killer is demanded to have MORE counters like Spirit, Deathslinger, and Trickster, but Tombstone add-ons Myers always gets brushed to the side.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited November 2021
    Options

You're right with the gen speeds, but I don't think you need to have a full build of gen regression perks to win, also not achieving a single hook make me think you just need to improve as killer. Don't get me wrong, the game is pretty much survivor sided atm, but you need to improve as killer. The SBMMR is good, if you keep losing matches instead of disconnecting you will face worse survivors eventually. I think DCing don't reduce your MMR because a lot of people would exploit that. If you want to reduce the MMR without playing just stay AFK some matches like some of us did in the old times with the rank system.

PS: Bruh, the post getting 7 upvotes make me feel embarassed as main killer.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    Options

It probably sucks for soloQ, but it's not hard to deal with it as SWF.

You can also guess it just by time how long it took him reach tier III.

Tombstone Piece is more broken imo, because that one mori is usually enough and you can do it way faster.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Also, "we need a counter to literally the one thing this killer can do aside from M1 and that has a drawback in how much time it takes" is excessive. Myers is already the weakest killer in the game, how is another nerf reasonable?

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    Options

no it isn't good. you play with someone new and they bring you down you can get stuck with people that are afraid of the crows. Then you get stuck there. without a change to how you earn points it's #########.

• scubasyd
    scubasyd Member Posts: 74
    Options

I haven’t played killer in a really long time… and highest I ever got on old ranking system was 8 sooo I can’t really give an opinion on killer with new “mmr” I hate the new mmr solo.. I can handle it playing with some of my og dbd friends. Mmr encourages selfish game play.. whereas the emblem system rewarded interesting and altruistic gameplay. So yeah I’m left on the hook or sandbagged. Used to play this game a ton.. took a break for a few months and now play a few games once in a blue moon if I see enough friends on playing it

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I would love to see his basekit somehow buffed a bit and tombstone piece nerfed.

Maybe it should able to kill healthy survivor only if they were hooked once?

The other tombstone is fine imo, it makes game more exciting because killer is using different playstyle for a change. However it also sucks because if tombstone game is successful for killer or not, everyone will get basically no BP even if they survive it. That should be somehow changed to get survivors and killer score events that make tombstone game worthwhile.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I only play for BBQ stacks and get some good chase here and there. Especially after introduction of SBMM.

And my only slowdown I use is Corrupt and nothing else because theres no reason to sweat 4K anymore. Unless you have a challenge for it.

I would want nothing more than another game mode. Make ranked mode with old emblem without SBMM and make ranking up in it much harder. And leave casual mode without ranks but with SBMM just like we have now.

• IamFran
    edited November 2021
    Options

I've read in some place that raising the MMR as survivor is not only achieved by escaping, also by standing more time in the match, so if you are in a low MMR as solo survivor will slowly will raise your MMR and eventually will be paired with better survivors. In fact I can corroborate this, I'm pretty mediocre as survivor and after a few days in low MMR hell I've been finally paired with more competent team mates and checking their profiles I see a lot of people with 800-1000 hours. If you play just fine and stay in the match as much as possible you raise your MMR as solo eventually. You still can have bad luck and be downed and facecamped in the first minutes, but its not that usual.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,731
    Options

I consider myself a Casual too. I dont have any issues. I play on EU.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

This is why i almost feel like we need ranked and unranked queue. Even tho that would probably divide the player base even more and im a fan of sbmm

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

That doesnt take PWYF into account, which he sadly kinda needs to use

• filipeaa
    Options

Exaggeration? Try killer and you have a lot of headache, tbagging, flashlight macro click click, 3 gens done in five minutes.

Play survivor and you get a lot campers and tuneller, noed users, teammates who done nothing all game and scape.

This is not healty for the game longevity, new players do not have the time to learn how to play properly and old players are tired. If you think this is exaggeration, maybe you don't care about the game and the money that you invested in it.

• filipeaa
    Options

I don't get your point, if a lost and my mmr goes down, the next time i have 2k, my mmr immeadiatly goes up and put me in the same looby as a swf with 5k hours. I'm with 500 hours in the game, i started last year on Blight realease and i don't have all day to play this game, if the game put me in hard game every match as killer, i'll never have the time to learn how to play properly.

• filipeaa
    Options

No, the only thing that up your mmr are kills and scapes. Patrick one of the devs say it.

Watch this and make your conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUSdsnTd9g0&t=1s

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

If you are a Killer it's simple. You lose to win and win to lose.

• IamFran
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm pretty casual too, I have the game since 2018, two weeks after the Spirit release and I have 1200 hours in 3 years. It's not a guy with 5k or more who is speaking to you. I know the MMR raise too fast, but I still think you need to improve as killer, watching goodt streamers help a lot for improving as killer, not simply playing a lot, at least in my case and again, the game have balancing issues and is survivor sided, but not achieving a single hook it a lot of matches, even against decent survivors is a sign of the need to get better, you only need patience and being open to learn, not just DCing when survivors are outplaying you.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

Whilst I agree, and have experienced a wave of them plenty of times - i do think this may just be the issue that the player is not getting matched against survivors that are on his actual skill level tbh

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Hi!

A few thoughts, as a fellow killer player. I hope that my English is simple enough to be easy to understand.

• SBMM does not always work right. Sometimes it puts you up against very difficult opponents. If you keep playing it should get better.
    • SBMM is supposed to put you with people who want to play the same way. If you play in a relaxed way, hopefully you'll be put with people who also want to play in a relaxed way.
    • Sometimes SBMM puts you into lobbies that you can't win. I think it's when someone else dodges that lobby.
    • It's better to AFK than DC. I know that it's frustrating sometimes.
    • I'm not having luck with regression perks either in hard games. I like to run Lethal Pursuer, BBQ, Plaything and Retribution on a lot of killers, because this lets me attack them at the start of the game and put pressure on them so they can't do gens as easily.
  • RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312
    Options

5 hours of d/c penalties? Why not just play the game out so yknow you can actually play the game lol. Idk though judging from your post it sounds like you're having a hard time as survivor AND killer and you assume that this is because you think you have a high MMR? No offense but to me it sounds like you need to learn the game a little bit better on both sides