I feel like people are sleeping on Hex: Plaything + Lullaby.

Options
Johnny_XMan
Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
edited November 2021 in General Discussions

It is one of my favorite perks to run with others like Hex: Lullaby. Alone, their effects are very mild but together they can break a team's coordination in completing their objective. Simply put, this is the only time they will not wish to touch a generator. 😈 Plaything comes into play when they have to look for a totem, and they have to spend time cleansing hex totems.

For reference,

Here is my full build load-out:

(I prefer pallet Freddy, but you can opt for Snares. Just find it more optimal with pallets since you will have more time to chase ( because they will be looking for hex totems more than touching gens) you will be getting rid of a lot of their resources (pallets).

I also like the idea of challenging myself to have to gain those tokens while also giving the survivors a challenge each time a token is gained. In other words, it feels rewarding when you know you have 5 stacks, and they have to find the totem if they want to continue repairing with normal skill checks.

I have not tried this build on any other killer, but on Freddy it can be very deadly due to his Teleport ability and Dream effects (via add ons or main power)

By the way I am very aware that if the totems spawns in an unfortunate spot, it can kind of kill the build, but honestly even then I have found it useful as survivors will want to remain asleep because otherwise they don't hear me coming.

Have you guys had luck with other Plaything builds?

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    edited November 2021
    Options

Basically Plaything poses as the "Lullaby" totem, causing survivors to waste time looking for it. Think of the way that Undying worked as a time waster.

So more than it's effects you are using it to have multiple hexes throughout the map, without needing to bring an all hex build.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I'm a little confused why you'd run it on Freddy, yeah. But I'm really warming up to Plaything and include it on several killers.

My build is usually BBQ (the grind is real)+Plaything+Retribution+Discordance/LP/Surge depending on killer. My priority is always info.

I generally don't run other hexes (other than Ret) with it as it often gets cleansed because they are searching.

Lullaby...I struggle to really get working unless I'm playing Doctor and running Overcharge. It feels like it shouldn't be a hex, as the benefits it gives are sort of mediocre.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited November 2021
    Options

Basically the reason I run it on Freddy is because many survivors will choose to stay asleep so that they don't have to deal with the oblivious status. Because their choices are to look for the totem and waste time or stay asleep and deal with the dream effects.

More than anything I am using Plaything as a support to Lullaby. It confuses survivors because they do not know which totem is lullaby. Unless they are affected by Plaything and can see their own totem. One thing I have noticed playing killer is survivors OPT to cleanse anything that looks like a hex totem in the beginning because it is the more optimal thing to do. Plaything allows those regular totems to stay "camouflaged" until you start hooking people and those totems now become important to survivors.

All in all, this build is really meant to force survivors to look for totems. Because the thing is by the time they have found their own totems + Lullaby most of the time they are sitting at 3-4 gens, with several hooks in between.

That sounds like a cool build you have tho!

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options
  • Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Isn't Lullaby counter productive on Freddy? Survivors missing skill checks will be awake all the time.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

The whole idea is that they will be missing so many skill checks, they will be forced to spread out and look for totems.

So while in theory they might be "awake" all the time, a missed skill check on a gen with increased regression penalty via Green/Blue Dress (the add on I opt to bring instead) is much more valuable for the goal I am going for, than a survivor who is awake. Because as I pointed out, you are not meant to patrol gens so much as you are to hook players. Meaning you'll spend more time chasing and wasting resources.

Alternatively if you don't want them to be able to wake up, you can bring Paint Brush and missing skill checks will not wake them up. It's literally up to you and how comfortable you feel dealing with awake survivors as Freddy. For me, I have no issue with a survivor being awake and wasting more of their resources, because again, it is just making sure that when they get to a point to where they might have found Lullaby, their resources will be wasted by then.