Crow Update/Rework?

RaingerPlaysDBD
RaingerPlaysDBD Member Posts: 27
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Does anyone else find it strange that, in the release of the chapter "Portrait of a Murder" (that has a double meaning, literal and "Murder" as in a grouping of crows), a much needed Crow Update wasn't even mentioned or touched on?

Crows had their graphics updated awhile ago, but not their animations. They still use the old animations which looks clunky and very outdated. Additionally there a huge size disproportion when it comes to Crows that Idle on Players vs Crows that Idle on Lockers or just in the Environment.

I find it strange that Crows are Servants summoned by the entity to spy on players, but they seemed very removed and distant from the trials. It's as if they exist as a poor excuse to keep Spies from the Shadows, have some uninteresting Archives and as a lazy AFK "punishment" (but not really because often Killers will just leave Survivors who are AFK and take advantage of the 3v1 that is right in front of them instead of going to a removed part of the map to hook an AFK Survivor who will just be saved right before they hit 2nd state). It's so sad that "world building" is on the docket for The Realm Beyond but Crows remain a shell that should have been removed long ago.

I would love to see some more dynamic features including Crows (Or maybe just maybe... MORE ANIMALS). Here's an idea Different behavioral patterns to give EVERY killer indirect tracking. For example, when Survivors are in Crows detection range (10-14 meters) they begin a new animation cycle and the Crows begin to chirp. I'd call this mechanic "Crow Interest." It would act as a queue to the Killer that a Survivor is nearby. However if the Killer is clumsy and Startles the Crows they lose this information for 20 seconds. (Which is another conversation).

I could write so much more. But I'd love to hear you guys thoughts.