Blight flicks - flicking before during or after pressing attack?

I am trying to do basic blight 90^ flicks, but cant do them consistently. I don't know am I flicking not enough (dpi or mouse move) or I am doing something wrong.

There are several guides, but no one says WHEN do you flick like it is not important at all.

Do you flick before during or after clicking attack button?

Answers

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

same time as pressing m1 - transition to lunge. in rush alone you cant flick as do sharp turns

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Bit of a late reply but you want to do both.

So the blight moves towards his look direction at his turn rate, however when you swing your movement direction will be instantly updated to your look direction so to flick as far as possible, you should turn as much as possible, swing, then turn as much as possible again.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Make a sharp camera turn when you are about to lunge, then after that turn you do a lunge while turning again.

Say you wanted to 90° to the right:

If you are at a lower sensitivity or have less mouse room (assuming you're on pc here), you might want to:

• Sharply slide mouse all the way to the right
    • Quickly lift mouse up and place it back to the left
    • Hold the attack button and sharply slide mouse all the way to the right again

If you are at a much higher sensitivity, you might want to:

• Sharply slide mouse half way to the right
    • Click and hold attack button and continue to hold for the the other half
    • Do both of those in one go, just click and hold half way through the motion of sliding mouse to the right
  • Ralara
    Ralara Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2021

Thanks for good info, will try it next time.

Just catched up LilithOmen expaining it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1216441488?t=1h56m57s

Basically: "kind of half way, right in the middle" (click attack during flick).

So, like you said in last post.

• Ralara
    Ralara Member Posts: 8

Nice info, q-e and tapping/holding is another side of the problem.

I am trying to use more q-e with blight, sometimes it really fck me up when I bump with them pressed, spinning like crazy in the place and have no idea where I am. Fun.