If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Wraith and secrets of the universe

Options
Baneuus
Baneuus Member Posts: 7

Why The Wraith can't try to hit survivor while he's invisible? He can bodyblock them,that means that he's solid,so why he cant just try to hit,like Freddy,for example? (From the Lore side)

Comments

• alivebydeadight
    alivebydeadight Member Posts: 1,559
    Options

because bing bong is stuck onto his "bingbong" when he corners a meg with sprint burst and he breaks the no nut november rules while doing so

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Because if they allowed Wraith to hit people while invisible then the gap between Freddy and viable Killers would be so huge BHVR would have no choice but to buff Freddy.

• Baneuus
    Baneuus Member Posts: 7
    Options

The question was from the LORE side,not from the GAME side. I know,that hit from invisibility is OP in GAME side,but question is about LORE.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:
    Because if they allowed Wraith to hit people while invisible then the gap between Freddy and viable Killers would be so huge BHVR would have no choice but to buff Freddy.

O O F

• rj1567
    rj1567 Member Posts: 50
    Options

@Baneuus said:
    Why The Wraith can't try to hit survivor while he's invisible? He can bodyblock them,that means that he's solid,so why he cant just try to hit,like Freddy,for example? (From the Lore side)

The Wraith can't hurt them from the Spirit World (the world he enters when going invisible) and can't interact with anything from the Normal World of the Entity while completely invisible thats why he uncloacks his leg when breaking pallets/gens.
    He still has collision with walls and other things like survivors but can't interact with them.
    Regarding why can Freddy do this and Wraith can't is because Freddy is in the Dream World which has different rules than the Spirit World

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Because it’s rude to swing a dead man’s skull right from across the Spirit World threshold. 

Btw—I’m just curious, but does anyone think Azarov had a beard?
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

Considering he can uncloak portions of his body (or even all of it when grabbing survivors from a locker) without using the bell, I'd say its because the Entity told him to not do it. Probably because having survivors knocked unconscious before they even know what happened doesn't generate all the emotions the Entity needs.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

InvisibleAttack4Wraith !

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

@White_Owl said:
    Considering he can uncloak portions of his body (or even all of it when grabbing survivors from a locker) without using the bell, I'd say its because the Entity told him to not do it. Probably because having survivors knocked unconscious before they even know what happened doesn't generate all the emotions the Entity needs.

Actually, do remember his interactions with the real world from the Spirit World were limited back when he was first introduced. He could only break pallets or generators (not sure if this was added before or after this fix, but same deal) if he was uncloaked. The reason for him being able to do this from the Spirit World seems to be more of a gameplay reason, a quality of life change in favour of players, rather than lore.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395
    Options

@White_Owl said:

i dont think i would have much hope fighting a being i cant see.in a lore perspective it seems viable (if you mean it should only be a gameplay thing and that in the dbd universe he would be able to)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

@PigNRun said:

@White_Owl said:

Actually, do remember his interactions with the real world from the Spirit World were limited back when he was first introduced. He could only break pallets or generators (not sure if this was added before or after this fix, but same deal) if he was uncloaked. The reason for him being able to do this from the Spirit World seems to be more of a gameplay reason, a quality of life change in favour of players, rather than lore.

That is true, but lore wise it could be because the Entity at a certain point decided to allow him to do those things seeing he wasn't doing good enough.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    Options
    Gameplay wise the devs probably didn't consider changing mechanics but just tweaking numbers.

Thelretically they could make it work similiar piggy's ambush.

I think it'd be considered too strong if he could simply swipe out of invis and then turn visible.