Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Objective times and some help for killers

Terramortius
Terramortius Member Posts: 115
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Survivor mains, don't hate me here. I'm currently a survivor main myself but I'm all for balancing the game so.... Here goes nothing.

Legion used to be a good killer before the sloppy butcher nerf (It used to apply on powers killer powers that relied on basic attacks) and now there is a thanataphobia nerf (Used to cripple healing times on top of current effects) as well.

I won't deny that in very effective teams, gens do fly by way too fast and the killer has very little room to breathe. Thinking back to the times when I did a gen alone with 4 thanataphobia stacks, yes. it did take long but even with ruin, a good team can get by fairly decent and it wasn't unplayable at all. I don't know if it's a bug or something but 4 stack thanataphobia FEELS LIKE I'm fixing gen at normal speed so here's an idea to help killers out.

Gens should take 100 seconds to fix instead of 80. With a 4 stack thana, it's 125 seconds per gen. Considering 1 person in chase and 3 survivors doing gens, the game should last at least 200 seconds before the gates are powered.

Thanataphobia - On top of current effects, slow SELF HEALS by 10% per stack. (PLAYERS WHO SCURRY TO A CORNER OF THE MAP TO SELF CARE UPON GETTING HIT EACH TIME, YOU NEED TO STOP.) This should give survivors an incentive to heal each other, which means they might end up doing the same gen after healing(Indirect discordance buff) OR you can find them mid heal(Maybe with nurse's calling?) and pressure 2 people. Remember, it only affects self heal, not healing another person.

New perk - Hex something, This perk works like a haunted ground plus corrupt intervention. 2 hex totems with this perk, if either gets cleared, both are gone. Effect when cleared is to block the 3 gens with the most progress for 80/100/120 seconds.

New perk - Corrupt intervention but for totems. Maybe lasting 160/180/200 seconds? So your hexes don't get cleared so quick.

We surv mains have alot of love from the devs already. Hopefully making this first step to help the killers might make them more willing to agree with some problems we face as well. *cross fingers*

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

The thana change is ok. It's not much but it's something.

Hex: Something seems a bit much. 120 seconds of 3 Gens being blocked whenever it gets cleansed seems a bit too good. If it was nerfed to maybe around 90 seconds it'll be fine

Corrupt Intervention on Totems for 200 seconds is a lot. You can get around 3 stacks of Devour around that time if you're lucky. Reduce it to 90 seconds max

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

No way. 200 seconds to block hexs is a lot. I was thinking yesterday about a perk idea for killers that will block your hexs. I think it should be 60 seconds for purple perk. The entity will block your hexs same as corupt.

• Terramortius
    Terramortius Member Posts: 115

I mean every idea needs to be finetuned, I'm just taking something I paid attention to as a benchmark.

People that complain about ruin being gone too quick usually say RUIN USUALLY LASTS A MAX OF 2 MINS. Which is why on top of that minute which they considered short, I added another minute and 20 seconds. That one just blocks hexes dude. You can still do gens even through the hex. I might not cover everything but here goes.

Devour hope - It usually never lasts till it has 3 stacks so having that perk I created will at least give killers that fighting chance to get 1 or 2 hits on the exposed rather than have this cleared before it works and be useless for the rest of the game.

Ruin - You need a slowdown perk so you use this, but I've cleared and also gotten my totems cleared in 20 seconds after the game starts. How frustrating is that?

Undying - At least you get to see people around dull totems while this remains up, other than that, not much effect here.

Huntress Lullaby - Need I say more here? People usually burst gens starting stack 3 and above so you need to get there before the totem gets cleared THEN HAVE IT SAY UP FOR LONG ENOUGH TO MATTER. So.... The new perk I created helps you reach the first phase which is like 3-4 stacks.

Retribution - Doesn't do much to this one cause you want them to clear hexes to see their aura. But well, if it was a new perk it would be nice to have.

Thrill of hunt - Again, nothing much here. Maybe just a heavy protection for your totems? I don't know..

Pentimento - Ahh the new perk. Together with the one I made, it's quite counter productive because you want people to clear totems for this to take effect so blocking it is a bad idea.

So yeah, covering those, I don't think 200 seconds is that strong. It just gives killers a fighting chance. The fact that I'm a surv main asking for this can only tell you it's to some extent a fair perk. What do you think?

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

I play both killer and survivor (more survivor because killer is most of the time frustrating) and I really think 200 seconds is too much in my opinion. I would say maximum 2 minutes. And also, noed should be an exception because it's an end game hex.