Daily Unnerf Deathslinger thread

str4wberryp
str4wberryp Member Posts: 86
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

No one plays him anymore. He was already weak and pathetic, but now he's even worse than Cringester. Time to unnerf my boy, Bhvr.

Post edited by str4wberryp on

Comments

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Maybe some but not all.

I think they went way overboard with the amount of nerfs to him. Honestly surprised he got hit harder than Spirit.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

I agree as a survivor mostly main he was one of my fav killers to go against and was balanced, its dumb they did that to him, spirit was the one they should have nerf to the ground(dust kick still want it) no silly useless bleeding my ear drum audio queue letting me know she is coming but cant see where dont help, heck spine chill was already doing that job fine.

Plague didnt need no buff either, annoying passive spamming no mither killing your arti category, now she no longer slows down when readying her dusting power(who seriously thought throwing up on people is even anywhere cool looking?)

Finally that bloat whale bubba too like plague dont get slow down when using his spamming chain saw no more, I dont see compared to these 3 killers which bogus easy to down powers stuff aint the ones nerf but poor balanced slinger got it hard. I hope to see billy/slinger/trickster dad get some more love and buffing, god I get happy seeing a billy or slinger whos rare, the min i see bubba,spirit/plague and pig I just wanna afk or turn off my console.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited November 2021

I mean, he is far from title of worst killer in the game, but compare to other ranged killers?

He is clumsy, worse, less unique, less fun version of Huntress.

I used to be Deathslinger main for a long time, but he is just dead to me now. BHVR ######### up.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338

They turned my boy from a dangerous cowboah into a sad cowboah with arthritis :((. Had him P3 50 too...

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited November 2021

I was thinking about making him full Prestige but hell no after what they have done to him. It would feel like trowing bloodpoints into trash bin.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

The TR increase definitvely needs to be reversed.

Seriously, they nerfed him because if, and ONLY IF he had Monitor & Abuse, he could "shoot survivors before they noticed he was there", but he needed line of sight from 16m to do it, which means you could counter it by looking around. Yeah, it was something that was only strong with a specific non-meta perk and still could be countered by using your eyes. How is that OP?

Most of the time you approached a survivor, they would either see you coming before you had range to shoot or they would be behind a wall anyway.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

I would still play him with just bigger TR.

Longer ADS was the main issue for me. I want to ######### quick-scope.

Other way to fix it would be making him hit-scan -> no travel time of projectile.

But his whole ADS mechanic feels terrible to use and I think any FPS player can tell you that...

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 922

Yeah if anything all they should have done was give him a lullaby similar to Trickster instead of just making it bigger, but over all I don't mind it to much the slower ADS is what killed it for me.

If they hated cowboy before agitation and star struck is now a really nasty combo on cowboy now. Didn't like my cheesy shots when I used Monitor and Abuse well you're really gonna hate this new combo now.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

I played him once since nerf and he is crap. They didn't need to nerf him he wasn't great to begin with, they should keep his additional stuff they gave him and add back in the rest.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

Oh right, that would be fun to use.

But yeah nerfed ADS is a thing, so I don't really care.

There are ways to play around TR:

• Starstuck
    • Tinkerer
    • Plaything
    • Hysteria

I believe Huntress type lullaby would be way worse for him.

But his ADS just sucks to play with.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Plague did need buffs. She is far more playable now and I actually feel the power role

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Just give him lullaby for 24 meters, terror radius at 16 meters so you can't go sneaky anymore with M&A and give him back his quick scope ability which is what he really needs back.

Otherwise he can just stay in forgotten realm I quess.

• Dino7281

I think his point wasn't really that she didn't deserve buff, but she was stronger than DS (imo) even before those changes and he got nerfed anyway.

And it's just funny that he got nerfed more than Spirit... (I don't think she should get nerfed more)

• RoaderFrost
    RoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

Please, just wait with individual killers balance.

We have Dead Hard validation problem and CoH boon plague.

That needs to be fixed first, then after some time all the characters will see their nerfs/buffs (or not).

Personally I want to try Deathslinger, but guess it's not good time for him.

Only faced him once as a survivor, was confused, but we both got stuck on the opposite sides of the dropped pallet, until chain broke. His occurrence was so rare that I don't even bothered leaning how to play against him.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Although he didn’t need a nerf to this extent, he was far from weak prior to it.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

Deathslinger is still not weak, he's just very clunky to play... all he really needs might be to become a 115% killer (that would make sense since his terror radius is 32 meters; unlike all 110% killers).

• R1ch4rd_N1x0n
    R1ch4rd_N1x0n Member Posts: 1,731

I played him after his nerf. He's still good, he just takes a little more skill, that's all. Though, I wouldn't mind if they made him faster, or gave him a "Grappling Spear" ability like I suggested in this thread - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/287930/grappling-spear-ability-for-the-deathslinger

• str4wberryp
    str4wberryp Member Posts: 86

why tf is the mod editing my thread title?

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455

Yeah you are correct idk why he was so heavily nerf more than someone like spirit its just... crazy and plague for sure was still doing better than he was before her buff.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited November 2021

Deathslinger was boring to play and play against, I say leave him in the dirt because then no one has to suffer playing against him and BHVR aren't willing to do what it takes to make him good without being boring