Are hackers becoming more common now?

Options

I encountered hackers in 5 different matches both as a survivor and killer

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

They have definitely become more common. They come in waves though, and BHVR continues to pretend they don't exist.

• gelukrait
    gelukrait Member Posts: 172
    Options

Wait until next week, lets see what happens when DbD will be free to keep in a week.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I would say the game now has a reputation for serious hacking issues as well as a reputation for not dealing with those issues or really attempting to thwart hackers. Which in turn will cause more hackers to show up and feel more bold since no punishment is coming.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    edited November 2021
    Options

If you believe these forums there's like six hackers in every trial. I ran into one blatant one three days ago, Crossplay solo against a Nurse with an insta-healing Claudette who lived. Two dead, I pop the last gen and run, get downed and basement time.

Now I get to watch: Claude gets hit, runs off, and ding healed up. Comes and unhooks me (no BT) gets hit and runs. I pittifully try to loop and go down. A healed Claud gets me up but i dont run, Nurse stops beside me, and Claud opens a door. Nurse chases, hits, downs, and ding Claud is instantly up. Hit and downed again, and ding back up. Claud runs out the exit and I die to EGC.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yea. They are

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yeah, I think they are. I ran into a blatant hacker just last night, which was not a fun experience. Something needs to be done about the hacking issue.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I don't...think so.

My guess is that due to MMR, forum regulars/popular streams (who are disproportionally veterans of the game) encounter them a lot more regularly, leading everyone else to be more observant of them in their games.

That said, BHVR is going to have to do something about this. Even at my crappy MMR, I see the odd 'that guy is either a god level player or has wallhacks' match.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I feel like I run survivor that stretch res more then hackers because when playing survivor im like how did they seem to know exactly where I was on this loop. I have ran into a couple of speed hackers that were just a little to fast and quite a few killers that know exactly where I am across the map and no bbq.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Yeah, res manipulation is unfortunately going to be very difficult to fix or even detect because it's done via a driver-level program usually and doesn't require any unusual apps.

The problem isn't the overt hackers. Those guys will almost certainly get banned, and at least you'll know to lobby dodge them if you see them again.

The problem are the sneaky Sams that do it cleverly enough for nobody else to realize.

Killers...yeah. I will say though that I get accused of hacking several times a week because I'm running either the Demo addon that lets you see auras, Discordance or Lethal Pursuer.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Definitely.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Thats what I ment by speed hack it wasn't completely blatant but even with BL I wasn't gaining any ground and even hit BL2 for the first time in like 6 months since coming back.

I'll check perks and addons after and more than a few times they didn't have any aura reading. As a killer main I know sometimes you get lucky but these guys were to lucky to offer.

I'm also a console player and I don't believe I'm top mmr for sure not on survivor but I do run into it sometimes.

• WarHammerExe
    WarHammerExe Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2021
    Options

Yes it become more common, I encounter feng min can insta heal , insta gen as teammates.

Meg thomas with unlimited sprint bust without exhaustion. As a killer, I also encounter Dwight flying speed hack which cannot be hit at all.

This is happen when DBD is still not free. I dunno what happen anymore if this game become free to play. Maybe moving my community to other game. I hope competitor game with initial V have good anti cheat and have voice chat inside game like Phasmo.