Why does nobody play death slinger anymore?

2»

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Don't forget that she can down over pallets and she can recover from hit faster (no need to reload after each shot), better add-ons, she can also flick and her mechanic holding hatchet is just way better to use than ADS of Deathslinger.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

Trickster is less punished for missing and his time to down in open is better. He is kinda ranged bubba.

but yeah, Deathslinger has nothing, only limitations that they don't have.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

You are not faster than survivors while doing that...

It's also boring af and his ADS mechanic with lower sensitivity and FOV is super clumsy. His zoning is not even better than Huntress.

Tell me reason to play him and not Huntress? There were reasons before, but they got removed. I can tell you a lot of reasons why not play him.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I love how every time survivors beg for nerfs there's always those few survivor mains that go "the nerf is no big deal, the really good ::insert killer:: players will be fine and still 4k easily!!! It's just the low skill bad ones that'll be weeded out!!"

• Dino7281

TR nerf make him worse killer, ASD nerf made him clumsy and unfun to use (for me).

I can deal with weaker killer, but why should I bother when I don't enjoy it?

I played him 100% for a quickscope. He is just not interesting without it.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

If you think Slinger was brain dead to play, then you very clearly have never played him. He was fine before, but people whined to the devs and now he’s in the trash.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

Used to main spirit, then deathslinger, now I'm on pinhead..

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Deathslinger went from being a balanced killer who when mastered would dominate chases while still have counterplay options against (unlike nurse).

Then he got nerfed in every aspect he was good in so really surprising people aren't playing him.

Survivors just need to stop asking for every killer to be nerfed because they can't bother to learn play against or accept the killer player was good. All you are doing is removing variety then complaining that killers are playing the few good killers remaining.

• Vampwire
    Vampwire Member Posts: 709

You're definitely trolling. Anybody who's unironically this dense is just really sad to see.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

I am not saying he is useless. He is far from worst kiler in the game, but he is just clumsy, worse, less unique, less fun, lower skill ceiling Huntress.

He has limitations other ranged killers don't, he has two weird mechanics (ADS, reel) that are actually downgrade for him.

He had two major things and one minor going for him: lower TR, quick-scope and mending. Let's be honest almost noone cares about mending, it actually got worse because of CoH too. So he just has nothing going for him, play Trickster or Huntress instead.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited November 2021

Punished for having good aim, feelsbadman

I still play him from time to time. But loops are even more miserable, he was already pretty hard countered by them if you drop early instead of playing super greedy, which is where he usually got you with the quickshots, but now he can't do that and people can get away with being greedy more often which extends the chase/looping.

Mah poor cowboy :(

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

Yeah, that is good perk for him, not Demo level good tho. Problem is that you can't 100% go around obsession and if you are unlucky, your obsession will see what you are trying to do and never struggle, which is huge problem.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

It's funny I was gonna say the same about you mate

I'm sorry you can't accept facts

One day you'll get older and realize why they are called facts

I would link you a dictionary but I don't think you'd read it sadly

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

yeah, but that takes time. That's a problem and it can get worse when obsession refuses to struggle and will try to body-block for others etc.

Demo doesn't really care about that.

It actually wasn't that rare to see for me and it was super annoying.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

Why don't you play Deathslinger for a change then?

And if you don't want to play him, then how can you expect anyone else to want to play an unfun killer because you want to play against them?

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Because everything that people fun about him was removed since survivors said that they weren't having fun. If everything that makes Deathslinger Deathslinger is taken away, why would people play deathslinger unless they're using a build that requires M1s to use?

Deathslinger was also a decent killer at best. The fact that they nuked his kit so hard and giving borderline nothing in return means that his viability is more on the "it's a chore to play" side of things.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Because Deahtslinger before nerf and after nerf are totally different killers.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Typical survivor entitlement. You could predict shots and make him miss. Now you seem salty because people just play other, more rewarding killers. Playing a chase that the survivor controls isn’t fun, so don’t be surprised there are fewer slingers now.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Counterplay...was literally hugging loops and using Unique movement against slinger to make him whiff shots, I've versed so many slingers and even good ones at that. Use a longwall against him and force him to walk, be unpredictable. like Nurse Movement,

It's like with huntress, Keep blocking LoS and pre-drop pallets against them, then make distance with them breaking pallet, and chances are, even if you pre-drop and get either a stun or being shot, if he's right on top of the pallet as he shot you due to locked animation, then you still get away with him either breaking the chain or he m1's (if you're injured in this scenario then he'd m1'd it) ...He has alot of counterplay, even the old slinger still got countered here and there... also Holding W and not mindgaming also works against him

2k hours? mmm.. not bad, i've poured just bout the same or more, forgot the total hours tbf.. all i know is that i remembered being the top 3 slingers NA and that's bout it really.

Not trying to brag or boast about hours but.... I'm sure i can also provide clips if needed..

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

All they needed to do was make him commit to his shots(extend ADS exit time). I mained him and even I found it annoying playing against a deathslinger who would just constantly fake shots to gain distance against you. They butchered him though an improved ADS speed to compensate for the neutering they did. I'm going to parrot what everyone has been saying might as well play huntress for more fun and better results.

• elpoh
    elpoh Member Posts: 222

because the shoot hitbox is very small, and the camera moves very slow while aiming, survivors keep faking their movement making you missing a lot of shots...

huntress is much much MUCH easy to use compared to him, bigger hitbox proyectile, and faster camera while aiming

he should be a 115% move speed to compensate how bad is compared to her

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited November 2021

Heres the thing - Slinger filled this niche, it wasnt a powerful one, but slinger fit it perfectly.

Than, they changed him, and he's got all the bad parts of an normal killer with all the bad parts of a ranged killer.

He doesnt fit any niche anymore, and hes just kinda there.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,232

Even then, it's marginally better time to down that assumes perfect aim. Plus Trickster has a ton of downsides.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Because he's really bad now and the nerfs were completely unnecessary. He was basically deleted from the game.