Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Hatch

Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

...and why the hatch "fix" was not enough.

To put it briefly, hatch is simply too unfair still. By the logic of the hatch, the killer should be given at least 1 free kill. I understand that hatch is not a guarantee, but it's still a very high chance the survivor finds hatch first.

IMO, hatch should only spawn should there be ONE survivor left and ALL GENS DONE. That way it's mostly fair. Right now, it is literally a free escape for the last survivor, and it is extremely unbalanced.

I DO ALSO UNDERSTAND that hatch prevents the game from lasting too long due to no gameplay happening. How to solve that? Show the killer the last person's aura every minute or less if said person is not doing a task for longer than x amount of seconds, until said person starts interacting with an objective. That way it's not taking the game hostage. OR SOMETHING.

Hatch right now is just simply STILL unreasonable. Maybe it's just me?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Snowstruck
    Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

Obviously not as bad as old hatch but still

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

What was the old hatch like?

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

I personally don't have a problem with new hatch. I understand some peoples problem with it though it is a free escape for the survivor not doing there job.

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

No offense but it's just you, you already got the 3k just accept that you won and the final guy will probably find it I mainly play trapper and it really doesn't bother me hell if you really hate it that much just slug and it'll never spawn

• GrayEyes
    GrayEyes Member Posts: 379

It spawned at the very start of the game and anyone using a item known as a key could open and escape as well as all the other survivors that found it as well

So with the fact that their is offerings that affect where hatch spawns sometimes before the change you could have a 30 second to 1 minute game if it was a swf and they all had keys or even if 1 of them had a key and told everyone else where it was at

Overall very very busted there used to be streamers that would only play like this

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I think the hatch is finaly balanced at least for the time being before it will be reworkes with mories. No longer you have to worry too much about a person with a key because in the worst case only 1 person can escape with it and you still have a 50/50 chance to be there first.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Your brilliant takes are falling on deaf ears I'm afraid. The community has shown they're content with 1 survivor getting a free escape by default.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

yeah right, let the last survivor do 5 gens by themselves and call it fair.. some people here really have interesting ideas.

The hatch spawns randomly now, therefore it’s fair for both sides. Either the killer or survivor can find it first.

• RoaderFrost
    RoaderFrost Member Posts: 170

Finding the Hatch is not a problem.

There are two offerings that give you a clue where it will spawn - Annotated Blueprint and Vigo's Blueprint. Just pay attention.

Still closing hatch doesn't mean that last survivor is doomed. Nope, there are two gates for him to run.

Even mercy can occur after hatch was closed. And it's not that rare. Or you can close it in their face and hook. Or both close it in their face and still grant mercy.

Once Jill found key in the basement and open hatch that I have closed. In my face :)

A lot of possibilities.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

What you all don't understand about hatch, its that no hatch means no gameplay for the last survivor. The last survivor has something to do, and the killer can close hatch to end the match quicker. What would you think would happen? The survivor could try to hide for as long as the killer needs to dc. Even for the killer it creates gameplay, since he has another objective... instead of wandering around for minutes.

• ArmoredChicken
    ArmoredChicken Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2022

no