Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Artist-Your Opinion So Far

Comments

• entitysbreakfast
    entitysbreakfast Member Posts: 126

She's a lot of fun!

• FreshCoal
    FreshCoal Member Posts: 174

When playing against her, she is easily one of the most boring AND frustrating killer to go against. Since she just places birds at all vaults and pallets in a loop, you are FORCED to hold w to the other side of the map, and yell at your teammates to slam out the gens. Same ######### design as pyramid head, I hate her.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

I need better perks to actually say something. My games were finishing in less than 5 minutes. The gen rush can be absurd with her. I won my first game with 4K and then the MMR decided to give me a little present against full SWF's squads ,like the other 4 games I had. I was obliterated.

• Swoopie
    Swoopie Member Posts: 24

Ugly

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Her screech gets wicked annoying reeeaaaal quick. I hope she doesn't become a popular killer because it borders on giving me a headache.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Maybe oh I dont know move to a different loop when she sets up her Crows.....dont be like every other Survivor and try to use the same loop over and over again when she can lock down loops.

You can see where she places her crows and where they are facing.

She can only place 3 at a time.

The cooldown for her crows is pretty long so it gives you time to get away.

Before screaming for Nerfs on the day the killer comes out maybe just maybe try to learn how to counter her.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited November 2021

I despise how she looks and sounds. Haven't played against her yet though so I can't really comment on the gameplay side of things. Might update this comment if I face her a few times.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940

Just played against her. But she was a nice killer. So nothing to report. Except that she was pretty chill.

• xili84
    xili84 Member Posts: 130

I don't know how some of you are having an easy time with er. From the moment you meet a semi decent team that knows how to play against her, you are screwed. By the time you place your power and are allowed to trigger it, the survivor is already in another loop. It takes way too long from placement to trigger. And if you prep a shack or gym... same thing, why would a survivor stick around, long gone to another loop. Most of my downs are with M1. Any downs with crows is because the survivor has obviously not even watched a vid on this killer. Give it a few days and every survivor will wreck this killer.

Also SO many bugged locations where you cannot place her power. It is infuriating.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Myself being used to Pyramid Head's play style and Twin's pounce Hitbox, she is decently good for me and easy to pick up, potential main even. Great zoning and anti loop killer, with built in scouting and gen poke. I like her a hell of a lot more than Nemesis or PinHead for recent releases. Fun as well as in terms of power usage.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495
    edited November 2021

I just find her so tough.... For not enough reward? Like its obvious she has a very high skill ceiling but you need to be pretty accurate with your shots and placements to get downs solely with crows. Most of the time your power is on cooldown and they are able to remove the swarm in time. Id honestly rather just play huntress for a ranged killer that doesn't require as much effort for the same reward.

• Pizzasauce

Okay, just played against a series version of her. I like her. I thought how she shot the birds and I repel them was cool.

• Pizzasauce

So, a couple questions about the Artist...1. Just how far can she shoot those birds? 2. Does Killer Instinct kick in when the birds are surrounding you?

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Update: Played a match against her. Was extremely annoying. Can't say for certain as it is just day 1 of the DLC but it is possible that I could end up hating her, lol.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I'm having fun (and victory) so far.

I am glad I saved up bloodpoints, because I've been going against sweaty players. (DH, Borrowed time, unbreakable, Prove thyself, etc) I've gone up against Jonah once.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Map wide. Though they need to be within certain distance for initial damage state or already have swarm on them for further than that.

The Artist see's the aura of the swarm if you don't repel it, Killer instinct pops up if the crows narrowly miss you when launched or passes through you while you're in a locker.

• Bennett_They1Them

that was sarcasm, right? I thought you said you liked her...

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761
    edited November 2021

Where? The second she was a primarily anti-loop based killer, I despised her, I hate her lore, I'm very meh leaning towards hate on her design in general. The only thing I like about her is she's an example that the people who design killer powers are not the same people that look at feedback, ever.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

I can't echo this enough. It feels like your survival is in her hands. When she doesn't have a chase she gets a built in BBQ with unlimited range with birds. Birds should have a range of either 32 or 48 meters. 48 meters seems fair.

The only game I've won against her was against someone who was obviously not good. There are other issues:

1) When hit by crows for detection and too close to a generator you lose a second of time because you have to be far enough away from the generator to not "repair" but "repel". This makes her good at the opening of a gen chase.

2) Repel resets if interrupted. This means survivors caught in the terminal phase of a chase have no recourse since the bar has likely reset the longer one is in a chase.

3) Chase music is too subtle. It's not apparent to me she's near until she's within 16 meters or so. It's like she comes with a built in Monitor and Abuse. I'm hoping this just takes getting used to.

The perks seem very well balanced and useful. Not one wasted among them. The killer though seems to be able to set birds too quickly and forcing breaks from chases is damaging. The only way to get away is to keep healed up and hope she breaks chase before securing the down because chasing while injured is far too high risk.

• Bennett_They1Them

oh, sorry then.

I must've been thinking of something else.

oops.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

I feel like the more recent the killer, the more designed it is to force survivors to play directly. Cenobite is a good example: he can teleport to anyone doing box. While I enjoy Cenobite, he can be a bit oppressive at times. The box idea is good and the chains require skill. BUT when we get to Nemesis, I don't understand why he gets two NPCs the whole game and yet has the best anti-pallet/vault ability in the game. Injecting the jab shows location, which is good, but on indoor maps those NPCs make no-win scenarios. It's painful. And they made RPD-his home map- as an example of why it sucks to play against him. On open maps the NPCs seem fair.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 924

She has a fairly high skill ceiling on the killer player side, but a pretty limited one on the survivor player side. There are only very limited ways to try and play around crows in tileplay, usually you will be looking to manage to leave the tile instead. Which can still require skill against a good killer player, especially depending on the map, but yeah, it does not make for very nuanced mindgamey or micromechanical counterplay opportunities. But again, there are still some of those, and so I find it's mostly fine that she enables more skill expression on the killer side.

I think she's comfortably A-tier, and I do think she has the potential to achieve S-tier lethality with add-ons in the hand of a really skilled and experienced Artist player. But it's still early.

The "idle" crow nerf was definitely needed, otherwise she would have been way too easy (and linear) to play with even less counterplay available. That said, I do wish she would have had a secondary ability of some sort, such as being able to teleport around the map manifesting from crows.

• Pizzasauce

Another random question - If you don't repel the birds as you're leaving the exit gate, can you still leave? Or is it like the Pig's trap or Victor where it will stop you?

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228

She is creepy in a creepy way. But I found I can lose the crows by going in a locker.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

Just another indication of the killer power creep which is going on for some chapters now. Instead of fixing the "bad" m1 killers, they add boring anti loop killers which will get cried about over the next weeks. I like the crow concept and her visual design but her power is just annoying. Many cheap kills incoming, as soon as people got the hang out of her.

Haven't tried out the new perks but i guess they're alright. I can say for sure i like the new map, reminds of Tomb Raider IV from my childhood

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

The overwhelming shes strong comments worry me.

I'm not saying she's not, but it's just increasing her chances of getting the knife.

She's a pretty high skill killer, similar to nurse. She doesn't really need nerfs imo.

But, with claims of little counter play and being very strong right off the bat, she likely will .-.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

I think she's strong, but not overbearing.

However, she is incredibly ######### annoying. They've managed to surpass boring and stray directly into purely infuriating.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Kinda meh and boring.. for both sides.

You put crows in a loop and the survivors just go away to another loop, so the counter is just going full W.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

Completely meh vs really good players. Survivors are already catching on to the fact that you have plenty of time to simply run away from the tile when she goes to set up her birds due to how slow and clunky she is during the set up.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

Better to be meh than actually terrible

People with any decent amount of game sense know that in the vast majority of cases that survivors are going to win if they really want to and/or try against any killer

But she still is one of the better killers out there. Other than Blight and Nurse of course, I can't see any other killer comparing except Spirit and that's debatable to an extent if Spirit is better.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532

People are crying too much about her. She's annoying, but she's not overpowered.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

To be honest she's really boring to play against. When in chases I felt like the killer had to mess up massively for the chase to last long. It's the same feeling I get when playing against a Trickster... it's just a matter of time until I'm dead, nothing I can do in terms of skill.

After a few games I thought to myself, when was the last time they released a killer where holding W isn't necessary? Well, the last 7 killers released (excluding Blight) have encouraged the brainless hold W and in many cases the brainless pre-drop pallet until you die strategies.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

non anti loop killers are boring and dull to play as... its just pallet- pallet- pallet- pallet- pallet

• kyogul

lowkey this is going to encourage people to run iron maiden on her lol especially if they do this in chase

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

I love this killer. Any killer I love gets nerfed like a mother #########.

first match I got beat up messing around figuring her out. Second match I 4k’d. I don’t 4K very often.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I wish it was telegraphed to the player a bit better when a Crow can damage you and when it can't

Like make a crow glow a certain colour if it's in instant health state damage range or something

That's my only complaint about her really

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223

I'd put a lot of killers ahead of her, but to each their own. I think people are massively overrating her chase potential. Still day 1 though.

• kyogul

Like which killers?

From what I can think of:

• Hag = a team with a decent amount of sense will harass her traps and know not to go down near basement, really starving her of any pressure
    • Oni, Plague = can easily be made into an m1 only killer as survivors have to give him his power / starve you of your pressure by hyper cleansing
    • Hillbilly = his power is too high maintenance to manage and takes too much time to try and mind game at the lot of loops in this game

I forgot about some killers, but I can't think of anyone else except Twins who are stronger than Artist on average. The thing about The Artist is that you can't starve her of her power nor can you really counterplay it very easily compared to some of the killers I listed above

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

The most overrated ######### killer ever added I almost drove my ######### head into the wall cause of anger of playing her the gun rush squad the W holding I ######### want to spike my controller through my TV

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

If anything: 90%. We need to make sure 2 of 4 Megs will escape.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited December 2021

She's boring to play as and against. Just devolves into holding W simulator for both sides. Rather than addressing the clear issue this game is currently experiencing with new release killers being heavily anti-loop and enforcing that playstyle they just make it worse and worse.

The new map also feels like old Ormund, but worse. Massive map. Pallets that all run into one another and are incredibly safe. A center building that's ridiculously strong with a god pallet, that will loop into said outside loops. Absolutely horrible game design as a whole.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    edited December 2021

It's the strangest thing, the same mindgames done on ranged killers work on Artist, just bait her power and then vault or drop the pallet. Or shift + w if you don't want to outplay her.

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Yeah, thing is, the same mindgames that are done on ranged killers can work on her power. Bait the power then vault. Or shift + w.

• Lordofweed
    Lordofweed Member Posts: 297

Survs even got a perk to counter her in the same patch for holding W more efficient. They dont even need to push any button and still complain xD