Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Artist-Your Opinion So Far

13»

Comments

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

Against my better judgement, I played for a bit (at least with a VPN). The match I had as her makes me believe she can be insanely good with practice. Aside from the obvious strong anti-loop (which, yes, does have counterplay now that they can't act as traps with auto-damage), you can cut down on W holding if you're good enough. Angling the crows through a LOS blocker with proper timing can net you hits over time. I failed at this for a while, but managed to pull it off.

I actually only had one match against her as survivor. Unfortunately, I got chased to a lot of areas without pallets, so most of my experience against her is holding W, but that would have been the same for any killer. When I did get to loops, I could absolutely get her to waste her time whenever I had LOS blockers. You can force her to play around the loop, then leave when she's not expecting it, or actually go through the loop if she's expecting you to leave. She really doesn't have perfect info on you. She has to look where she's setting her crows after all. Either that, or the player was bad.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

Scourge Hook perk is actually pretty impressive if you get a halfway decent map. She herself is map dependent strength. Large amounts of LoS with connected loops absolutely ruin her. Crows only do damage if you're effected by a crow storm or if they directly hit you, and since you can shoo the crows away in chase it makes some tiles a right pain in the patoot. Up down maps also are physically impossible. Game? Forget it. Silent Hill? Forget it. Maps she will shine on are narrow forcing maps. She'll do very well on Fathers Chapel, one of the few killers to do really well on Lerys, she can handle the corn maps okayish, she can do Dead Dawg pretty easily as long as you avoid backroad and just play center/gallows, basically like what every killer does on that map. She does really poorly on her own map, Red Forest, Ward, Temple of Purgation, RPD is by FAR her worst map, but thats every killers worst map except maybe low MMR Ghostface where survivors cant find anything.

She herself is VERY fun to play. I don't think she's S or even A tier. I'd put her in B+ for now. Her current state is probably A tier, but once survivors learn to play against her, or BHVR nerfs her, one of which will happen. She will go down in power. I've already seen survivors who know to simply hold W after you throw a crow. Your power takes a pretty decent time to recharge and if you just hold W and look behind you then Artist loses a bit of her strength. But for survivors who try and fancy loop and tbag, she's a menace

• TacitusKilgore
    TacitusKilgore Member Posts: 1,380

Very high skill ceiling, great killer Sadly though she encourages the literal worst type of play-style in the game. Also i suck at her so-

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

She got nuked and is probably a solid mid B tier down from high A on the PTB. New killers are not allowed to be any good after all.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I like her and had a cool 4k game with her (sadly just got a Ruthless rating ... the Adept Artist was thiiis close), but I won because of some very easy hits with the crows. I guess once survivors played her a few more times, you will have to mind game her crows or evade, just like with Pyramidhead.

Her painhook perk is very good. I didnt like the one, that shuts down gens after the 4th hook too much, but I guess thats ok, too. The Totem resurrect perk leaves a bad taste in my mouth, like its a counterplay to a counterplay to a counterplay; just throw meta at the meta and see which meta sticks. I got a feeling that this perk will be mostly worthless, but time will tell.

It was been said a few times in the past, but I will second it: why has she NO interaction with the crows on the map? This would have been an awesome opportunity (like there will probably never come another one THIS good) to design another cool and interesting perk around crows. Most of the time, crows are okay-ish, but severely under-utilized. (BTW, spies in the shadows is one of my most beloved perks. Its helps my map awareness with most killers soo much!) Oh well, don't cry over spilled milk, but I really think that this was a wasted opportunity of colossal scale.

Besides that, I look forward to learn to play her a bit longer. Tomorrow I will try to get that darn Adept Artist achievment, before survivors wisen up to her power too much, if it aint too late already ;D

• Citrusfruit
    Citrusfruit Member Posts: 73

I've been keeping stats of my matches as survivor since October 28th, and I plan on posting them soon towards mid-december maybe. The sample size for her is still small, on account that for some reason I've only been able to face a few, though I believe her power has some potential, so far she seems relatively balanced with the current state of people still learning how to play her and play against her.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

I've not bought her yet, but playing vs her has been pretty boring on most tiles.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687
    edited December 2021

I can't buy the new killer yet so I can't tell you my opinions from the killer perspective.

I can't very well tell you how she is as survivor either because just about every one of my matches, no exaggerations, at least 2 teammates are dc'ing, killing themselves on hook or giving themselves to the killer in front of hooks. So the game lasts not even 2 minutes. I'm really getting annoyed with it. I really am. I haven't enjoyed this new chapter one bit because of all the rage quitting. I did have one normal game and she seems she could be super strong in the right hands. But take my opinion with a grain of salt, I haven't gotten the chance to play many full games against her.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited December 2021

Perfect killer. Amazing. 10/10. Make more of her, thanks.

She has scouting, sniping, 1v4, anti-loop, and she's related to birds. I can't imagine a better killer for me. It has been an absolute blast playing her tonight, and I can't believe how fun this game is again.

Discordance or Tinkerer procs nearby? Send a crow and walk over for a free swarm on arrival (meaning potential damage on next crow if I hit it).

Discordance or Tinkerer proc far away? Send two crows spaced ~20m apart to get a free damage state on them if they aren't paying attention to the crow's aura.

Annoying loop? Prep a crow over the pallet for a free hit, OR behind a wall if they can run away. Doing a hit behind a wall can confuse them into staying, and even though it only gets you a swarm, that's still potential for an easy hit in 5 seconds with the next one.

Multiple people around you, or objectives to focus on? Crow one side, hit the other.

Survivor holding W? Snipe them or recon gens as you chase until you find a new opening.

---

She has so many options, and making the correct decisions feels beyond amazing.

She feels so rewarding to play well and I love it. Even if I lose, I still have fun.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I think she's gonna get some nerfs soon. So many complaints (I can see why though).

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

Artist is not supposed to be played as a setting up killer like Clown though. Sure you can basically guarantee hits that way, but besides being boring it's not even efficient.

Her best way to damage imo is using a single crow to swarm a survivor and then another one to down. Using a single crow gives her only 5 seconds of cooldown while the repel action takes 9, so if you're good with your aim you can virtually damage survivors from ANYWHERE in the map. Just had a match where I was at the shack on Eyrie and swarmed a survigor that was by a gen at the main building, then I used another one and actually damaged him before he was able to repel. Not even Huntress could damage him in that situation due to LOS blockers. It's not even a matter of luck at this point because I had almost wallhacks with the swarm.

If you treat her more like a strategic (using crows to control survivors locations) and a killer that can injure by any distance, she is insane af.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

Had my first match as her. Gotta say.... I dig it. She's cool. A little slow ish... but once I got the feel for her It was fun.

I really like the idea of pre placing birds at loops. Twice I was able to pull off hurting them with the birds by pre placing at a loop. Especially at shack wow.

The other was at a window. I saw the survivor making a B-line to it. I quickly dispatched the bird knowing I wasn't going to catch up and BAM got her.

Alot to learn. Was sloppy. Missed alot. However, tracking is nice. And scorge hook works!

Pimento.... it did work... but only bc this particular set of survivors actually did bones instead of boons.

I feel like until she becomes old news, most survivors won't do bones expecting to go against her. Run NOED, until the newness wears off and deploy Pimento.

I like her. It's going to take some time to perfect it.... but her perks are actually useful, power as well.

I hope the devs leave her alone. I feel like I can main her in this state.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,967

So far I've played one game and I'm extremely confused

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Of course since killers should always get nerfed and nothing should be done to survivors right :) How about we fix them damn boons first and then think? This killer isnt too strong she doesnt deserve any nerfs. You can easily counter her crows.

You survivors are really good at the hold W gameplay so just keep doing what you do best and she wont be much of a threat.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited December 2021

Everytime they release a killer who don't let you loop around a rock or a pile of boxes several times before droping the pallet or abusing infinites the survivors say "is boring" or "is annoying". Just adapt and don't play like you have the Benny Hill theme in the background, you are too used to that.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

I'm bored of her.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

Not sure why this is - unless it's line of sight, you can just take a swarm that doesn't slow you down. And you can run into the crow now without damage. So just don't get hit in line of sight.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Haven't unlocked/purchased.

I dunno, I just haven't got the enthusiasm for this one. I expect I'll log in before the week is out.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Mine was, this killer is a hook camping baby who always puts crows on hooked survivors constantly she is bot. You probably have your xbox turn itself off for eco mode LOL.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited December 2021

I never said she needed nerfs. Haven’t played a lot of games against her yet, just saying I get where people are coming from. I think a nerf is likely, though. A lot of people seem upset.

“You survivors”- I play both sides.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

People get upset when they can't instantly win. She isnt strong nor she is weak. I'd say she's kinda at the middle. I like playing her though but i don't care if i 4k every match

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Played 10 games against her and mostly escaped, havent seen her get more than 2k yet.

Played one game with new survivor lvl 10 and got his adept, on new map against Oni.

She looks annoying in some loops but in most maps she is fine, havent played her myself yet though.

Also its too soon to say anything because people are still only learning how to play as or against her. Give it time

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,761

And playing as anti-loop killers is also pallet pallet pallet pallet because hold w pre-drop.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

This at first it was fun because I wasn't any good with her and survivors would stay in the loop and I got chances to use her power and experiment and then survivors started holding w as soon as I set on crow to another loop rinse and repeat untell I down them or give up because I'm wasting time but no resources.

Cool design

Seems fun in theory

W completely negates her power and makes her boring to play

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Now that I have played with her some more, I would argue she is definitely not op, but pretty damn strong.

But yes I kind of also find it a shame that her more interesting and skillful playstyle, trying to hit survivors at range, seems much less viable than just chasing a survivor to a loop and then shutting that loop down. It would be great if they found a way to increase counterplay against her a bit at loops, and instead make her long range chase stronger. So that both playstyles are at least kind of equally powerful.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I had an awesome chase with her in Campbells Chapel. I chased a survivor outside of the Chapel and left a crow at the window, the surv went up the stairs, I followed and got in a hit. The surv then tried to loop me, went through the window and BAM! Dire Crow in the face, down. That was a thing of beauty and I had recovered from my strike just in time to send the crow flying. This wasnt the mindless "I will set down a crow here" shutdown that to many peeps complain about, but felt rightfully owned. I think this will be the skill ceiling with her, ie planning something like this in advance, noticing an opportunity during the heat of a chase etc.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I have very mixed feelings on the artist.

The positives:

She's kinda an unparalleled intel gatherer with her crows being able to go across the entire map.

She's one of the only killers who you could hypothetically down someone from the entire opposite side of the map. What good that would do you is debatable, but the fact that you can do it is wild.

She can shut down most loops entirely with relative ease.

The Negatives:

Despite her power being able to span the entire map, she suffers on large maps. Hard. Survivors that know to run away when you set up your crows will make you suffer, cause while you're trying to be a big brain boy and spend a few seconds setting up the perfect trap, they've already ran well outside the crows damaging range.

No mobility options. Which makes large maps a huge issues. You'd think her crows would circumvent this, but with how quickly survivors can dispell crows, you have to have galaxy brain reads and perfect timing to actually down swarmed survivors who have made distance on you.

In conclusion: I don't know how I feel about the artist.

• Fuzzels
    Fuzzels Member Posts: 449

She feels like a nurse situation. Stupidly oppressive and absolutely unfun to play against when she's played at a high level and good skill, but stupid easy to run for days when played at a low skill. Obviously she's still new so saying high skill isn't all that viable just yet, but even still. When she plays properly, the only real counter play is to run to the next loop, attempt to break LOS and stay hidden and that's only if you aren't dealing with a swarm. Not only that, but she's kind of bringing back vibes of old deathslinger and PH. She has what is essentially free zoning, and in some cases you either take a bird hit or an M1 hit with no counter available and she can just take placing a bird for absolutely free zoning. Also being a killer with a ranged ability and also being 115 seems wrong. Every other ranged killer is 110, so why is she any different? Doesn't seem fair. I get that she's only got lethal on long range attacks AFTER someone is swarmed, but even still. And there's still the fact that she can 100% shut down a loop just by placing a bird in a specific direction, and that bird WILL damage you without the swarm first as you're more than likely going to be close enough to its lethal hit range

• Fuzzels

The recharge is based off how many birds you send. If you shoot all your birds, yeah the CD is way too long. If you want to land snipe hits, you need to send one bird to swarm, wait for the recharge, then attempt to snipe.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
  • Fuzzels

Well to be fair, it would be really stupid if she could send out 3 birds, swarm 3 people, then shoot out 3 more birds, injuring or downing 3 people, all at once. Obviously the likelyhood of that happening would be incredibly slim, but it should never be a possibility at all. Even the idea of downing 2 people at once with a MAP WIDE range attack is silly. I feel like the set up she has right now is alright.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,332

She will be the paradigm for all new killers moving forward.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Got her Adept on her 4th game. No PTB for me either.

She's quite powerful with a good tracking game. Her 3 gen play is a lesser version of Doctor.

No a bad killer...but doesn't have the lasting appeal of Pinhead and Nemesis.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

2nd day in, I'm for sure starting to agree. Most of the time it feels like you can't do anything against it.

I wanted this to be a case of learning to play against it, but it's truly just starting to feel rage inducing to face.

• BadLooperQ
    BadLooperQ Member Posts: 277

My main grip with the artist is that sometimes I hold the Power Button and the line of sight of her Power either doesn't appear at all or takes a few seconds to load in... I play on PS4 btw and Idk if it's intended or not, does she need free space to use it?

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

For me, boring to verse. Her power style is too similar to the other recent release Killers for me to be interested. I also don't enjoy her anatomy as it feels odd in multiple places (In ways that don't feel intentional and takes away from that uncanny look to me).

Her perks are cool. Her map has a cool visual design. (Even if they went overboard on the ink.)

But I think her map is too big, and at least when I versed her as a Survivor, she was pretty bland to verse. Her Survivor is serviceable at best and both of their stories didn't really do it for me. Definitely skipped on buying this chapter tbh.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

thats why this is called your opinion SO FAR- i want these first impressions

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624
    edited December 2021

From what I'm seeing, shift + w and simply treating her like a ranged killer at loops (baiting crows for starters) can work.

This really is just "new killer, can't adapt, nerf now" at work.

On a side note, if her 1v1 gets nerfed, she needs a secondary ability or buff. She is almost solely anti-loop with her most unique mechanic being able to snipe people (which I sincerely doubt was intended by the devs, it's super great and fun but the DBD devs surely didn't plan for her to be able to do that). Sniping needs to be easier or she needs another ability.

I definitely won't buy this killer if they nerf her with nothing substantial in return. Quite sick of 1v1 killers with nothing else to them, it makes their powers shallow and one-note, something that is quite typical amongst the DBD devs.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

the first killer release I don't have a single complaint about in the last 4 releases. She feels perfect to me, genuinely impressed, and they even did the most important change I wanted from PTB