As a Killer, the game feels bad if you don't 4K.

2»

Comments

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

I only feel like I lost when i have under 8 hooks.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

Teabag is overrated.

Someone pressing Ctrl repeatedly or not is actaully the same in terms of gameplay.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

I wonder if part of this is just the disconnect between Survivor wins and Killer wins. Like, a survivor dies: they lost. A survivor escapes: they won. Very simple, binary yes/no on whether you met your win condition.

The killer's objectives are to protect the gens and kill the survivors. So, anything less than a 4k before the gates are opened is still telling you you failed one of your objectives somehow. Down to 2k (which is ostensibly a draw), you've completely failed on more than half of what you're meant to do.

A clean 4k is the only result where the game can clearly be said to be a win, and not "it's a win, but..."

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I'd actually say the opposite. As killer if I play really good and get hooks but don't get 4 kills, I still get good amount of BP, it feels great, but as Survivor even playing a good match then escaping doesn't feel rewarding, you get so little BP as survivor.

Not to mention as killer I can just bring BBQ and play really casually and lose and get even more BP

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I will quote myself from another thread. Playing chill as killer isn't an option and yes the game reward you only if you kill, If you don't kill anyone the experience is miserable.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Yep this is a large part of the issue:

DbD can't really make up its mind if generators are the main killer goal or if kills are.

As it can be viewed as either:

You get kills to complete your generator protection.(Kills side objective and generators main objective)

Or

You protect generators to complete your kill objective.(Kills main objective and generators side objective)

Yet DbD can't make up its mind which one it wants you to focus on as getting fast kills but losing gens fast can get you entity displeased meanwhile long generator defense but no kills can get you merciless killer or above.

This means the only way for a killer to know they have truly won is to complete BOTH objectives aka get a 4k(or 3k with hatch) with generators remaining as the game itself can't decide if either individually is a win.

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531

I think that's how they want folks to feel, but they're sorta relying on the players themselves to shift community perception.

Problem is, I do feel this view is a minority one in the community at large... and I wonder if there's something the Devs could do in the design philosophy or even just the way they frame things to make a 2K game with lots of hooks feel like a victory rather than a defeat.

• gammatsunami
    gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
    edited December 2021

Killer is so unfun now. I just do my daily now, and I used to be a killer main. I was old rank 1 killer, rank 12 was the highest surv I got

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Ya, that's why I 4K. ;)

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I still think the balance needs to be fixed by starting at the source. The power role. There are 4 survivors and 1 killer, but even crappy survivors (I would know, I'm one of them) can pre-drop 15 pallets, move themselves to a somewhat decent double L/T-wall window Tileset, take another 20+ seconds to hit, then move to a dead spot of the map with dead hard and soak up an absolutely LUDICROUS amount of the killer's time.

In a game where the killer is supposed to be stronger than the survivors that should never, ever happen.

Getting survivors to respect the killer role starts with adjusting the game so survivors feel like their chase isn't a joyride, but an exercise in attrition where every second they buy is valuable. Rather then, "I can legit loop and W this guy forever."

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

This is me also. As a Killer, if I get a good amount of Bloodpoints, then I don't care if everyone escapes. Because survivor bloodpoints are so low, I only feel like it's a win if I escape.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

yeah for survivor an escape is a win, but as killer while i define a 3k+ as a win, even a 1k gives great BP and a loss is still learning experience for whatever killer i'm playing

• UMCorian
    edited December 2021

I don't see it as killer entitlement - I genuinely think most killers would like it if the game felt better if you only got 2 kills.

The problem is the game and the community as a whole. The game kicks Killers in the nuts who only get 2 kills, despite the devs saying: "2 kills, 2 escapes is what we go for"... so when the game works as intended, at least 2 survivors get pips and the killer, most likely, doesn't... unless it was a silly game that went 20 minutes for 10 hooks or something

Then you have the community perception, which is just a much larger problem IMHO. If a killer doesn't kill them, so many Survivors think they can click, teabag and make absolute asses of themselves. Heck, it's the highest unvoted post in this thread, the second one.

I'm not saying there aren't toxic killers too, but a killer is 4x more likely to run into toxic people than survivors as that's the nature of the beast.

I genuinely have no idea how to fix that.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

DBD main here. I can still teabag u, before Ive got killed. So what? I mean everyone has its own win conditions. Before the emblem system was reworked I was focused on having most BP as possible... and I think it was fine. Nowadays Ive got nice matches with 8 hooks and 4 escapes or bad matches by destroying and 4k'ing a stoopid team with 5-6 hooks. For me now it is not the amount of kills, which guarantee a good match.

• Vic_B
    Vic_B Member Posts: 1

Honestly this sounds more like a you-problem than a balancing problem.

• Bartlaus

This is true. If my english wasnt that bad, Id have written exactly the same stuff :3

• Bartlaus

I mean teabagging is a childish behaviour, but u cant balance the game for 4k. No one would play survivor anymore.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
  • Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited December 2021

Is this a joke? Please tell me it is because it's ridiculous what are you saying. You are playing games just to win? That's sad. You have matches when you win and also when you lose. Simple

• Bass
    Bass Member Posts: 19

FOR YOU its not a win unless it's a 4k.

For me it's a win with 4 stacks of bbq.

We are not the same.

• UMCorian

This - 100%.

It's uncanny how much a toxic survivor who's better at the game has the ability to make a killer feel really bad.