Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC/Steam - Disconnected from host

emodeshort
emodeshort Member Posts: 180
edited December 2021 in Bug Reporting

I play on the PC, and for two months now I'm being disconnected from the host and getting punished for it. It's not my first post here so I hope this bug get fixed soon, or at least to let you guys know about it.

How to repeat it:

1- Boot the game

2- Start a trial as survivor or killer

3- Interact with something (set bear traps, catch survivors from the ground, heal, damage or repair generators, uncloak, etc)

4- Stay paralyzed for a few seconds

5- The endgame screen appears, giving me my BP's and my pip, and notifying me that I was disconnected from the host

6- Take a punishment as if i did it on purpose

It happens with frightening frequency, I can only play a few matches a day until this error happens. I'm currently on a 3 day cumulative penalty, I literally can't play because of it.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• ColdWater
    ColdWater Member Posts: 72

This also happens on PS4. Very frustrating and not fair especially since you get a matchmaking ban for someone else's disconnection.

• Schoobits
    Schoobits Member Posts: 1

My friend is currently going through this. The past two days they were booted and now have up to a 30 minute ban. It’s so frustrating for them because they love the game but are tired of the penalties.

• emodeshort
    emodeshort Member Posts: 180

yes, the biggest problem in my opinion is the matchmaking ban.

• JonnyGames
    JonnyGames Member Posts: 6

Same here as well. I have been getting the Disconnection from Host every other game on Xbox Console. I notice there are a lot of threads on this issue as of late, but no word on a fix.

• Magaladon
    Magaladon Member Posts: 4

I just started having the same issue today.

Game 1: Start working on a gen. Killer downs a survivor. My options are to hide behind a gen or run close and get in a snowman. I go for option 2. At the last frame of getting in the snowman, I completely lock up and the friend I'm playing with says she sees me run by the killer, like I'm going for an epic distraction. Booted from the game.

Game 2: Game starts, I run and then freeze. After I unfreeze, Sprint Burst has been burned and on cooldown, my friend is hooked. A second teammate gets hooked, so I go to the first hook. Start healing and the killer is headed our way. I lock up and tell her this. She says she can't even move because I'm locked in to healing her. Unfreeze and I'm standing in front of the killer and then I'm on the ground. I try crawling away and I see him locked in the animation for reloading bottles, while a teammate in the background is running in place. Booted from the game. I restart and when I get back, I have to wait due to 'abandoning' a game.

Game 3: Game starts and I run to a gen. Hear the heartbeat and start working on that gen. Teammate goes down and gets hooked. I make my way over there and freeze. Unfreeze and another teammate has been injured. Unhook and heal, then go back to my gen. The rest of the game is pretty uneventful until the end. Two teammates have been hooked twice and one goes down. I go over there and heal him up so he can walk out. Other rando is hooked for the last time, and since we were trying to block the hook, the killer is after us. I make a desperate attempt to dodge a hatchet and...frozen. A few seconds later, I'm unfrozen and injured. Guess she took pity on me there, but I barely managed to dash out the door.