Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's more difficult: killer or solo q?

Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

In your experience, what is more difficult? Solo q or Killer gameplay?

The problem with solo q is the brain dead survivors (even with mmr on)... the problem with the killer gameplay is the reverse: survivors are too strong if played right.

In my experience, killer's gameplay is more fun to me... even if it certainly got a lot more difficult since the mmr is on.

What's your thoughts?

What's more difficult: killer or solo q? 97 votes

Killer
55%
LaMupfelGibberishBlueberryKaanaReikoMoripizzaduffyhp90Chordycepsmusstang62MrPenguinGeneralVRoboMojoKingsGambitGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxfakeFilthyLegionMainlandromatcyniChrisChurchofPigFobbo 54 votes
Solo Q
44%
rhaTapeKnotIrisora[Deleted User]pushkinaMazoobianonymous31337MooksCleviteTatariuMaxwellBenOfMilamElcopollobm33Oscarnatordugmanglitchboixtr4meNoOneKnowsNovaImBrakingBike 43 votes

Comments

• Faulds
    Solo Q

I agree with the statement that solo is harder since you don't have control on randoms and their level. But, even if there is strong killers that allows to do well consistently with good perks and good add-ons... it might not be the case for all of them either.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092
    Solo Q

The main thing that sets back solo q is the fact you have to rely on your teammates

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Solo Q

Killer's almost always fun, soloQ can be really frustrating.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Killer

It is never the case at high mmr. It's the very reason why I stopped playing it for a while. Only time I play it is to force my mmr to go down and meme if possible.

• Faulds
    Solo Q

Nurse/ Blight/ Spirit definitely have the strength (and the add-ons) to do it in my opinion. There could even be an argument with Huntress/ Plague/ Oni/ Pyramid Head...

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Killer

Even with my good blight, I still get genrushed to high heaven.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    Killer

Killer for me

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    Solo Q

I hardly ever play survivor so I’m terrible, can barely do skill checks. Totally just me though.

• Faulds
    Solo Q

And some people somehow do well with a weak killer at high mmr... it doesn't necessary means anything absolute.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Solo Q

My escape rate in solo Q is probably 1 or 2 in 10 games so yeah.. Solo Q is worse and since MMR only benefit SWF and don't take into account how you play and just your escapes, it sucks even more.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Killer

I clicked killer by mistake LOL.

I'd say solo queue, you have to go through 100 barriers to even get the chance of having a good match (and having a good match doesnt even guarantee that you are gonna win the game) you have to hope you will get matched with people who are not gonna DC, who are not gonna ragequit or troll the match.

Out of 10 matches I played yesterday I had 3 AFK people leaving the match since the start, 1 troll who was sandbagging the whole match, 2 guys who didn't like the killer we were up against and killed themselves on hook...and just like that there goes 60% of my playtime, the other 40% I was paired with people who didn't know how to loop and were downed by the killer in 10 seconds flat.

When you play as killer everything is on you, if you make a mistake it's your mistake, basically you lose based on your performance, when you play as survivor, you can be a good looper, a skill check god who never misses a generator skill check and does gens pretty fast, a totem destroyer, the best medic/unhooker the team has and you can still lose, not only can you lose based on your teammates performance but you can also lose based on their mood when playing the game since thay can ragequit, troll or AFK at any moment.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Killer

In current meta killer definitely. I win most of my matches as solo q survivor with boons

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Killer

Definitely Killer. There are so many second chance Perks on the Survivor side that even bad teammates don't matter anymore

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Killer

Solo is necessarily hard you just have little impact usually

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Killer

it depends sometimes solo could be really hard and killer can be really hard though the majority of the time it's killer easily

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2021
    Solo Q

For me Solo Q

• Sandbagging team mates
    • Self caring people who especially do it when you're on 2nd phase hook and they let you die.
    • Troll teammates - I had a Meg who went around slamming lockers to alert the killer to me then she'd runoff.
    • People who will never come for the unhook.
    • People who have 0 hooks themselves but go for no saves and let you die (especially end game when they all just leave and let you die even with no NOED.
    • People who die on first hook.
    • People who d/c as soon as the killer downs them or they get their first hook.
    • People who unhook you with no BT infront of the killer -.-
    When you get a good Solo Q team it feels like heaven.

I do play a bit of killer as well but not as seriously so I guess I can relax more when I do mess up because it's more of a thing I do for challenges. I can laugh it off when I mess up. The only time I get mad admittedly is when I get toxic SWFS who tbag and macro click everywhere. However I'm trying not to take that so seriously anymore because they want a reaction, why should I give them one.

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Solo Q

Legit I've seen so many streamers do chases for like 4-5 gens worth and in the entire time none of the team mates finished a single gen.

• xili84
    xili84 Member Posts: 130
    Killer

Lol look at all these solo Q votes who don't know how to take advantage of all the things thrown in their lap :D I escape the vast majority of my matches and chases and I always chill as a cucumber. Playing Killer versus sweat squads tho ... pffft. How is this even a poll? :)

• Faulds
    Solo Q

I lose once in a while as killer. Look at all this killers unable to accept a few losses. How is this even a poll? :)

• xili84
    Killer

People like you drive me crazy as you are so oblivious to the facts... :) As you voted Solo Q. You truly believe it is harder to play survivor, even as solo? If the answer is yes, you simply do not know how to play survivor properly. Killers on the other hand get plenty of 'unwinnable' matches. There is no argument around SWF on discord having a massive advantage. It is just a fact. Period.

If you disagree with any of my statements, you simply do not play at high MMR and therefor your opinion is invalid.

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    Solo Q

it's difficult which is why i run no mither because i can torcher myself even more with dbd on hard mode

killer is fun and more easy plus you don't have 3 bots on you're team

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,699
    Killer

Sometimes I think both can be equally as difficult.

• Faulds
    edited December 2021
    Solo Q

If you lose constantly, you're not as good as you think you are. Survivors are not all high mmr, only a small portion is in fact :)

• slendermansmoom
    slendermansmoom Member Posts: 544
    edited December 2021
    Solo Q

AHHHHH HE SAID THE FORBIDDEN WORD ..... BBBBB.. BOO....... BOON! EVERY KILLER MAIN RUN TO THE BUNKER

THE WAR IS INEVITABLE

• itsquiet27
    itsquiet27 Member Posts: 246
    Killer

killer is harder in my opinion because you have to do so much. Solo queue is not that hard when you have the experience to play the game. if you learn how to properly hook save and loop you're good to go. gens aren't considered skill.

• xili84
    Killer

ALL SWF are high MMR. Solos are mixed anywhere from low to high. But SWF Are always well above average. The vast majority of matches as killer in high MMR are SWF. It is beyond me how some people deny this, as you can check profiles to confirm this.

• Pizzasauce
    Pizzasauce Member Posts: 940
    Killer

I think survivor is more stressful. You are being chased by a maniac and you can die. Plus you have to rely on others to potentially save you. But I also feel that killer is more difficult. I mean come on, it's 4 vs. 1!

• Faulds
    Solo Q

High mmr killers can win 70% of their match without perk and without add-ons. Otzdarva made a video about it "so i played 100 games without perks... ". So continue to blame a small portion of the players for your constant losses.

• xili84
    Killer

Otz is not representative for the majority of killers. He has over 10k hours, it is his life. Love the guy, but you cannot even begin to compare him to the average killer. He is the top 0.5%.

The average survivor however, has a very easy time. Did you miss me telling you that I escape the vast majority of my matches and chases without a sweat, as a solo? If you cannot do the same, that is a you problem and not a "solo" problem. I just know how to abuse all the survivor side advantages, you don't. It has nothing to do with skill.

• Faulds
    edited December 2021
    Solo Q

We have different experiences that doesn't match. And you talk too much like a killer main that barely plays solo q.

• xili84
    Killer

I actually played vastly more solo over my 2k hours, than I did killer ;) Can't wait for the next attempt at a discredit. From evidence presented from your own comments, I stick to my theory and say that you are just not a very good survivor. The game is massively unbalanced in favor of survivor. No way around it. One would have to be oblivious to state otherwise.

The problem, and I can't wait for you to argue against this, is that there is no middle ground between SWF and solos. I consider myself a decent killer based on that I dominate most solo lobbies, but gets obliterated by most SWF. The experience at high MMR is 5 SWF matches to bump you down, 1 solo lobby to bump you back up, on repeat.

A 'good' survivor does not require anywhere near as much sweat as a 'good' killer does. I now wish I had recorded all those matches where I looped a killer for 5 gens straight, just to definitively debunk your claims. If a survivor knows the tiles, and they line up decently... you can take a killer all around the map and 5 gens will be done before he downs you.

The only reason statistics don't show this, is cause there are A LOT of survivors AFK from start, or suicide in first minute, or DC, or throwing or... etc... All of these things don't reflect in the stats. They bump a lot of killers up in the stats.

Anyway I'm done entertaining this. I know the facts and chose not to ignore them. You do you.

• Faulds
    Solo Q

" The only reason statistics don't show this, is cause there are A LOT of survivors AFK from start, or suicide in first minute, or DC, or throwing or... etc... All of these things don't reflect in the stats. They bump a lot of killers up in the stats ". You said it yourself.

Anyway, have a good day.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Solo Q

As a killer, you have control over the things you do and don't have to rely on your mates to do things that make sense.

• OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66
    Killer

To answer as literally as possible: killer. SQ is a relaxing experience where you're not using your brain for half of the game. Killer requires constant concentration because you're always doing something. Killer requires constant effort, so it's a more "difficult" experience, right? Simple. I don't think that's quite what you meant though.

I've played more survivor than killer, as most have, but the standard of the players in my average games is clearly higher when I'm playing as killer. Therefore survivor must be harder, right? If I'm able to be correctly matched into games of a higher standard, playing the side I'm less experienced in, that must be the easier side to play, right?

I don't think anybody has brought up the time of day of the games played. It's not as noticeable as survivor and most people survivor main, so maybe that's why. Try playing killer in the evening, when there's long waits for survivors. The MMR at that time of day is basically "OMG a killer! Get them in a game NOW! Any game! Forget skill! All that matters is wait time and these noobs have been waiting for 5 mins!". Sunday evening just gone I played 8 games as killer. 32 kills. I'm not a weirdo who counts games, but when you're getting a 4k every game, you get curious... Yesterday I played 5 or 6 games. Until the last game of the evening (which was a 4k with 1 gen completed), every game was a 1k,2k or 3k. No 0k or 4ks. Well balanced tough games. FYI not a single DC or AFK in any game in either session.

SQ may suck at times, for sure. I personally enjoy the variation, until I get that selfish team mate who doesn't like being face camped and kills themself in a rage, turning a 1k/2k into a 4k and rewarding the killer for camping. My experience is that I probably escape close to 50% and enjoy most games. As killer, I probably average 2k a game during none peak hours, maybe slightly less. My experience as killer is mostly similarly enjoyable to survivor, but a much more try hard intense type of experience, and because of that I have to consider killer to be the more "difficult" experience.

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122

I dont really care if you're right or not, you just sound like a condescending prick right now dude.

• Faulds
    Solo Q

I can understand your point. Thanks for answering in a really constructive way (even if we disagree); have a nice day!

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Killer

They don't compare because the end goals and how you get to them are very different. Solo q is difficult because you're left to the whims of random teammates, but as someone who plays more solo q than swf currently I find I don't really have too many issues with randos. Playing killer is more difficult by default due to the nature of what you're responsible for. Every killer is different and every killer playstyle has its pain points that can and will be exploited by teams who know to do so and how.

The amount of pressure to perform is also different because if you're one of four people even if you didn't pull your weight you at least have the excuse of no one pulling their weight either.