The Artist proves devs don't playtest killers enough before releasing them

I'm not a playtester or anything closer to it, but I would assume that before releasing a new killer, you would have skilled people test them in all maps to se how they play right? Well, I highly doubt this is the case with BHVR.

She's incredibly hurt by verticality, maps like The Swamp are hell to play because the crows just go on a straight line through the floor:

Gens like the ones I marked are IMPOSSIBLE to hit with her because of this, they are on "bumps" in the map but you can't swarm them because the crows don't move through bumps like you'd think they do. And clearly this is a feature they would've done if they had played her more because crows do go up/down stairs, so why don't make crows hardstick to a certain level above the floor to move through bumps, if verticality in maps is something devs are aiming for? because they barely tested her.

Hell, even her own map "Eyrie of crows" suffers a lot from these, that awful map is filled with bumps and holes on the ground, god forbid you're in one of them when putting a crow because that will set it to a certain level and you won't be able to hit whatever you're aiming to.

In my opinion, The Artist should also be able to aim up and down when placing her crows to give her more room to adapt to multi floored maps such as RPD, The Game, Haddonfield, Midwich and Springwood (25% of the map pool, mind you) because right now a hard counter Im seeing to her is just switching floors or height if she shoots you with a swarm, then she won't be able to hit you anymore in time.

Back with the whole "devs don't playtest killers enough before releasing them" stuff I don't even think this is new, they have clearly proved a hundred times before, like with the release of Twins and victor being unable to interact with lockers until a later patch, or blight just sliding off a lot of surfaces (luckily the playerbase has adapted to this, but I doubt any other competent developer team would have released the killer in that state).

Comments