What are you people hoping for from the upcoming ghostface and Legion changes

Sonzaishinai
Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Wondering what everyone hopes are for the upcoming changes. Legion is a killer i really enjoy so it interrest me more then usual changes.

For Legion

I'm hoping mostly for QoL changes. No more losing your power on a m1-hit for example.

Slight reduction is cooldown. I can understand why the cooldown is there but i think that most people that played Legion can agree that even with both cdr reduction addons survivors could make it to a safe place. Reduce the base slightly and change the addons.

Probably a bit controversial but i'd also like to see his killer instinct to just be a set range and not tied to their terror radius anymore. Many undetectable perks that could be good for Legion are awkward cause they screw with their power.

Some way for more speed. Even through addons if nothing else. I want to zooom.

Something against mend simulator. Fine, as a person who enjoys Legion i don't like admiting this but yes. A match against Legion where he just FF's you and runs away is boring. I don't know what to change about it without taking away from it's power but something should change

All in all i'm really hoping for a Clown style change. That they add to their kit instead of changing it to much. After losing Freddy it's hard to not be a bit dreadfull it's going to happen again. I'd rather them staying at the same powerlevel but smoother then being stronger but changed into something i don't enjoy anymore

As for Ghostface i don't play him much so i don't have much to say.

Hoping for his reveal mechanic to be looked at atleast as it never worked properly

Also addons. Addons, addons, addons. Like 80% of his addons should change. Give us status effects like mangled or broken on hit out of stealth or maybe an iri that hides the exposed effect of his power untill you get hit.

Just anything more usefull then the stuff he has now

Edit: might or might not be as upcoming as i thought

Edit2: source of them getting changes soon ™ 

https://youtu.be/Pz7f_WPutq8?t=3695

Post edited by Sonzaishinai on

Comments

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

I would really like to see the additional Legion members on the map somewhat like Nemesis' zombies.

• Sonzaishinai

See this is something I'm hoping is not going to happen.

I don't want them to be a discount nemesis or twins. I don't want them to just be a better version of those killers either.

I still want them to be Legion. Just smoother

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Wait, did they announced something???

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Ghostface: Reveal Mechanic to be more consistent, Better Addons, Either making stalking more worth it or give him a passive.

Legion: A rework.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703
    edited December 2021

Ghostface:

-Shorter power recovery and even less punishing recovery depending on how you lost your power; for example:

1. After being revealed or swinging and missing an attack, 20 second cooldown
    2. After a successful attack while in stealth, cooldown is only 10 seconds

-Full addon pass/most addons need significant buffs or complete reworks

-Better reveal logic for both sides (ultimately though, this can’t be fully fixed without also addressing stretch res as this can allow you to reveal ghostface when you shouldn’t be able to)

-Base speed while crouched should be increased to 95%

-This might be controversial, but I think it could be okay for him to have a base 24m terror radius - intended as an overall buff but also fits in his lore as a stealthier killer even when he’s not in his power

Legion:

-Base fatigue should be reduced to 3 seconds + nerf the addons for that accordingly

-Frenzy movement speed should be increased to 135%. Another idea could also be to increase his frenzy speed for each survivor put into deep wound, but I don’t want to fully suggest that as I’m not sure how balanced that would be

-Killer instinct is no longer based on TR and is just a set range - the addons that increase this would continue to do so, and Iridescent Button would make it map-wide the way it does now

-The Legion can now grab survivors while in Frenzy - this means survivors can no longer finish a gen in his face knowing they can’t be interrupted

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 921
    edited December 2021

Mostly hoping for changes that make Legion more threatening in chases. There could be ambitious reworks such as things to do with actually being able to tag in and out different Legion members and for them to have different skill sets, but we know not to hope for anything too ambitious.

The most crucial changes for me are reducing Frenzy fatigue back to 3 seconds, and increasing Frenzy movement speed again, or at the very least again providing add-ons that increase Frenzy movement speed. Once a survivor is injured, Feral Frenzy stops being of much of any use in a chase, and being a barebone chaser is Legion's biggest weak point. These changes would alleviate that issue.

At 4 seconds, Frenzy fatigue as it is allows survivors to make a distance of 7.7‬m on Legion in that time, a distance it takes 12.8s to catch up over, meaning a survivor can cover a ground of roughly 50m - a range within which they will almost always find a window or pallet. Lunge range takes roughly 2m off, decreasing catch-up time by 3.45s and ground covered by around 13m, but it's still just too much for it to regularly be at all worthwhile trying to use Frenzy to catch up to a survivor - while you are stuck in fatigue they often make a similar amount of distance on you again that you tried to use Frenzy to bridge to begin with. Taking a second spent in fatigue away reduces that distance to 5.8m, 9.6s to catch up, 38m covered. If we take off the chunk made up for by lunge range from this, we arrive at around 24m a survivor can cover, which is already a much less safe range. At 2 seconds (achieved by stacking the fatigue-reducing add-ons), this comes out to around 12m ground covered if accounting for lunge range.

With a 3-second fatigue time, using Frenzy to catch up to survivors in chases can actually often be effective, and at 2 seconds it becomes a threatening chase tool.

An increased Frenzy movement speed on the other hand obviously allows you to catch up to survivors faster, and even more crucially, it allows you to overtake them in order to try and block them off of windows, pallets and pathways. (Although in order for this to be really effective, collision in fatigue needs to also be looked at - it should be maintained as usual, which it doesn't seem to be currently.)

I think a 5.3m/s base movement speed with one add-on for +0.2m/s and another for +0.1m/s would be a good spot.

Beyond that, there's a bunch of add-ons that barely have an impact on the game.

Frank's Mix Tape and Stab Wound Study are remnants from Legion's dark times of being able to down survivors with Frenzy stabs, and while there's a few gimmicky ways to try and still use them in that way, there's just no reason for that sort of gameplay to exist. Those two add-ons should be reworked to create some interesting and stronger new effects. For example, how about Frank's Mix Tape being an add-on that rewards Legion for chaining Frenzy stabs, such as by increasing their regular movement speed by +0.1m/s for every survivor you stabbed during a Frenzy, an effect that would last from the time Frenzy ends until the power bar is fully recharged again. Not only would this improve Legion's chase strength, but it would even give them a reason to Frenzy-stab survivors that are already injured (as well as already in Deep Wound, for that matter, as that would obviously reset the power bar completely, granting a full 20 seconds of increased movement speed). Or how about Stab Wounds Study making it so that the Deep Wound timer still counts down while running, albeit at a reduced rate, and the mending speed is increased significantly and pauses during the mending action - this would create a wholly new chase dynamic wherein a survivor plays to find little time windows within which to mend, trying to remove the Deep Wound state mid-chase, with the killer of course trying to deny this.

Iridescent Button is a good add-on, but Fuming Mix Tape is lackluster. Even Wraith's "All-Seeing" - Spirit feels a little lazy and underwhelming for an Ultra Rare, but that one is at least active indefinitely and therefore pretty valuable - Fuming Mix Tape on the other hand is only active temporarily, and you regularly have to waste Frenzy to get value from it. I would change it in this way: When you stab a survivor in Feral Frenzy, the progress of generators is shown by their aura; after that, if you damage a generator in that same Feral Frenzy, the generator regresses at a rate of twice the base rate (so at 0.5 charges a second). If you stab 2 survivor before damaging a generator in Frenzy, it regresses at three times the base rate (0.75c/s), and if you stab 3, it regresses at 1c/s. If you stab 4 survivors in one Feral Frenzy, the next generator you damage within that same Feral Frenzy immediately loses all progress. It's cool that Legion can do stuff like pick up survivors and damage generators in Frenzy, but most people don't even know about it and even those that do barely ever use it. This add-on would actively encourage using that mechanic.

The Legion and Defaced Smiley Pin add-ons are kinda illogical: since Legion can injure survivors with ease, healing up against them is often a waste of time. These add-ons make it less appealing or impossible for survivors to heal up, yet the Legion player actually benefits from survivors spending time healing up and therefore would want for them to do so, while survivor players are regularly looking to simply stay injured against Legion to begin with. In my opinion, these add-ons should be changed to instead encourage survivors to want to heal up, by afflicting them with drawbacks in the injured state. Drawbacks could be things like Blindness until healed, Obliviousness until healed, Hindered until healed.

The add-ons that increase the Killer Instinct detection radius are meh at best. It is already impossible to catch survivors at the edge of the default range in Frenzy if they run away from you, these add-ons all the more send you on a wild goose chase. Sure they may be used for map knowledge, but eh, for that the range is too small again. These should simply be replaced with add-ons that increase the movement speed in Frenzy, not least because an increased movement speed actually allows you to chase after far-away survivors.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Legion gets Gun.

Ghostface gets Gun.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I'll be happy as long as they're not hit with the nerfbat like Deathslinger.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

What upcoming changes?

• Thunderfrog
    Thunderfrog Member Posts: 218

There's upcoming changes?

• Sonzaishinai

https://youtu.be/Pz7f_WPutq8?t=3695

Should be timestamped 1:01:35 if it isn't

I seem to remember it being next mid chapter patch but i'm actually not sure where i heard this so i might or might not have been misleading everyone

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710
    edited December 2021

I was also confused but after looking around, I found that the Dev's mentioned in the October Q&A Legion and Ghostface were being looked at but nothing to be announced at the time.

I might of missed a different update but that's all I could find on it.

Edit: I have been ninja'd.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I'm hoping it transitions into a Nemesis remake instead

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I just want to keep on stabbing

I hope we keep Iri button

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    edited December 2021

I hope devs rework both right now it feels like worst killers ever.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

to be honest, the worst.

the balancing leader not long ago stated "legion is kinda strong, in my opinion, he shouldn't be able to vault pallets/windows while using frenzy" so, yeah, i woulnd't be surprised if we get a deathslingher 2.0 treatment with leigon

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

I want Ghostface to not be exposed by Survivors. I want him to lose his stealth upon exposing Survivors or using a basic attack.

THIS is how Ghostface should be. I think if the Survivors stare at him for too long, it should still trigger the alert, but not make Ghostface lose his stealth.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

In the last Q&A stream they mentioned Legion and Ghostface were the next killers to get changes if people are confused.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited December 2021

Honestly if Legion was reworked to Freddy levels of power change not sure people would feel it like old Freddy. Current Legion is a boring power to face. Not really unique they run fast and stab a little quicker. Then get looped since they can’t chase. Compared to the unique more enjoyable experience of old Freddy. So Legion could be full blown reworked with much less criticism. So I do hope for a full blown rework into something more interesting liked promised in the trailers

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,467

That wasn't really the case back then tho, not many people cared about old Freddy and a lot of people were excited to hear about the changes, its only after a little while did people realize that he became boring af to verse in his new state

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

Ghostface needs better addons, or a new mechanic that his current addons can reward. There needs to be more to stalking with Ghostface, because stalking isn't even worth it sometimes. Crouching is outright useless most of the time, so I wish there was something that it did aside from visual and mind gaming.

Legion needs to be reworked entirely if you ask me. He's one of those killers that is generally unfun for survivors, and, from my understanding, unfun for killers to play too.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I hope Legion gets a Clown/Doc-styled rework, buffs and an addition to their kit. I actually like playing Legion so I don't want them to throw them out like they did to old Freddy. Also update their add-ons please

For GF, fix his reveal mechanic, reduce his cooldown to 15 seconds, update his add-ons, and that's probably about it for him IMO.

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

They're gonna nerf them 😆

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I'm hoping for a full power rework for Legion and Ghost Face I'm expecting few changes for. They'll probably attempt to make him less buggy and mess with his stalking, but that's just about it. Legion's a hot mess though.

Although I'm not getting my hopes up because the devs seem to sometimes have a hard time understanding the word "balance" and just make things more unbalanced.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

For Legion, I'm hoping for a total rework. Their power just isn't well designed at all and is near useless on certain maps as long as it's still timed, especially RPD, not to mention how utterly useless anti-healing is now.

For Ghostface, I'd like to see his reveal mechanics, well, work, plus something to aid him in chase besides the undetectable since he's essentially just an m1 killer that can t-bag.

What I expect to happen is minor add-on tweaks for Legion that barely affect them at all. I'm betting they'll just buff Ghostface's ######### addons again because they think they have some hidden potential that isn't there. Hey, that sounds familiar!

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

If not mechanically, I'd at least like them to aesthetically add in something that reminds us the Legion is Legion, not just 1 knife dude in a hoodie. Make them change their voice each time they go into fatigue.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited December 2021

I honestly couldn't care less about those 2 killers. But I guess the reason why people are hoping for changes to them, is because they literally suck.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Theyve been confirmed to be getting them?

• Sonzaishinai

Also posted the link in the original post now.

I thought it was going to be next midchapter but i don't remember where this thought came from so take it with a grain of salt

• asirirsprime
    asirirsprime Member Posts: 100

Mediocre update to shut people

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,269
    edited December 2021

Since legion is 4 people i'd like to see some of them on the map just like nemmy zombies. I think legion power overally is pretty useless and the exhaust cooldown is too long.

Ghostface...oh boy..i havent played my love in a while since what can i say...i love him but damn he sucks :( First his power. Its too easy to take off. Funnily enough i get taken off stealth even while behind stuff which is something that should not happen. The cooldown is pretty long to the fact that people can just insta break it. He is a 1 shotter sure but a lot of the times you have to get really close to the survivor to be able to actually use it properly. If the survivor knows anything about looping they will just run you for the time and there goes that. His addons are horrible..not even worth using. He is too slow killer for big maps and his power is too weak and unrealiable. Thats all there is to it.

Edit: Someday ill learn to type...

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

imagine an iri gf addon that permanently hides his tr lmao

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,207

What I don't want for Legion is an AI mechanic. I absolutely hate the idea of AI being a part of matches in a pvp game. I don't play as Nemesis for a reason.

Ghostface: better reveal mechanics or scrap it altogether with something else. I stalk a lot. It's definitely viable. But his reveal is way to inconsistent.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I only want ghosty's reveal mechanic fixed, be interesting to see what happens.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Not much. Hope they will surprise me.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

the "balancing leader" doesn't get the final word on everything, there's testing and then approval that come first.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

Legion: Add-on pass, major power changes (numeric ones, not a new power).

Ghost Face: Add-on pass, and reveal mechanic rework.

• Stryker
    Stryker Member Posts: 220

i think that having the balancing leader, the person that is in charge of balancing the game, who wants to nerf and gut a killer that is already in an average/bad position, says alot......

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I love legion, I started playing the game a little before he was released.

I don't play killer to sweat at all so when I play as legion I'm just wanting to have fun but I would welcome some buffs to make them more viable for sure.

Same with ghostie boi since scream is my favourite franchise, would love too see him become more viable at least.