Blight, Is He Overpowered? Easy to use?

Options
2»

Comments

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

He's still running around the pallets/loops smacking you with M1, he's just doing it extraordinarily fast, if the killer is good. The person who made this topic is not experienced with Blight. He's going to have plenty of downtime where he's going to be better off doing typical 115 mindgames, maybe even for a few months as he will have to get extremely familiar with the tilesets to get to the point that Blight becomes a non-linear killer.

Nitpicking aside, I stand by how I originally described it for the OP. I don't get to choose how other people categorize killers, I just get to be consistent in my efforts.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

It's not that the Basic Blight build is the strongest. It's not. Rather than catering to the skill ceiling, the Basic Blight build instead lowers the skill floor, so that players that don't want to git gud at him can use him more affectively. It's not about being strong, it's about being easier.

Players that take the time to learn Blight will generally stop using the Basic Blight build and focus on builds that make him stronger at the high end. Players that don't want to learn Blight as much but want a consistent performance from him will bolster his low end with the same ol' build.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Sure, and I even just said you could fall back to him as an M1 Killer, but that's still not playing him "to his full potential"

But I guess this still falls back to what your definition of an "M1 Killer" is

But under your definition, Hag and Nurse are also M1 killers, because you have to press M1 after using their power.

And they're obviously not M1 Killers

• foxsansbox
    Options

Hag is an M1 killer, by my definition, and at the end of the day good survivors turn her into one.

Nurse is not, she is in a category all of her own. Her power completely disrespects the entire nature of the game. She doesn't play against loops, pallets, vaults, or even survivors if she's good enough. The only thing she plays against is LOS and maybe an argument could be made for immersion as well. You could call her M1 by my definition, but at that point it would be disingenuous due to her unique situation.

• JPA
    edited December 2021
    Options

But.. earlier you said Blight is also M1 Killer because he is 115 and plays loops normally, Hag is not 115.

So which one is it, the 115 speed, or the fact they have to press M1?

Not only that, but under your definition, Hag is M1 against a certain subset of Survivors, but not all.

It seems like its not entirely a consistent definition to me, but whatever.

• foxsansbox
    Options

You're drawing smaller and smaller boxes, and at that rate no killer can be categorized into anything. This is ultimately why most people have varying definitions, and mine isn't meant to serve you. It's meant to serve me, and the OP to the extent of his needs on this thread.

At the end of the day, how does the killer use his power? If they're dealing damage at range, completely circumventing the traditional loop playstyle (Of which against a respectable team, Hag does not), or dealing damage with their power, they are MOST likely an M2 killer.

You're going to pull your hair out of your head trying to hold me to whatever your definition of M1 killers are, you're welcome to make a topic about it, or look at previous threads where people have argued at length.

• JPA
    edited December 2021
    Options

You are the one who chose to use M1 Killer in the description, knowing full well how poorly understood that definition is.

You seem to think I'm angry or something, saying I'm "overthinking", and "pulling the hair out of my head", when really I'm just trying to establish some common understanding.

I'm not drawing smaller boxes, I'm using the very definitions you've given.

Earlier, Blight was an M1 Killer, because he's 115. Now Hag is an M1 Killer, even though she isn't 115. Blight was an M1 Killer, because he presses M1. Nurse presses M1, but he isn't an M1 Killer.

Hag is an M1 Killer, because she presses M1 after her power, Nurse presses M1 after her power, but she isn't an M1 Killer.

These are all your own statements lmao

• foxsansbox
    edited December 2021
    Options

115 is a descriptor, not the law of the land. Hence, smaller and smaller boxes my dude.

EDIT: And the whole point of the 115 descriptor is that at the end of the day, 115 killers can, if nothing else, be played like M1 killers if you are in a situation where you simply can't use their power. Blight can M2 to traverse gens, and then play the M1 game as good as any 115 killer at loops. That's all. That's important information given the context of this thread.

• JPA
    Options

Language is a useful tool. Words exist because they allow quickly identifying/categorizing and communicating information.

Therefore a category or definition is useless if it's very definition is fuzzy or comes with about 3 hidden gotchas or conditionals.

I guess if you meant he's a 115 Killer, you could have just said he's a 115 Killer.

• foxsansbox
    Options

Look at my edit on my previous post, and stop overthinking it. I'm allowed to provide however much information I feel is appropriate, as it usually doesn't devolve into this level of nitpicking.

• JPA
    Options

Response to your edit

For the third time, I've already acknowledged he can be played as a 115/M1 Killer. Your original post didn't say that though, you said he could be played as an M1 Killer to his full potential. Which is just wrong, even under that definition of M1 meaning a 115 chaser.

• foxsansbox
    Options

Ah, I see. Yes, there are no solely M1 killers, every killer has an M2.

I simply did not understand that there was a lack of reading comprehension here.

• JPA
    Options

Whatever dude, you chose to use the term M1 Killer, even after you've fully acknowledged people have different definitions of that term, yet you call me out for "nitpicking". You could have avoided that by just being specific.

• JPA
    Options

I didn't even say that no Killer has an M2 in that post, yet you are calling out my reading comprehension, OK.

• foxsansbox
    Options

I mean, if you can't understand sarcasm, then yes, maybe the reading comprehension problems lie with you.

This needs to die, take the last word and run along. It's clear you have a problem and I'm not going to be the one to fix it.

• foxsansbox
    Options

Yeah, that was sarcasm, which does lead me to believe the comprehension issues lie with you.

Take the last word and run along. It's clear I'm not going to fix whatever problem you have with me at this point.

• JPA
    Options

Yeah sarcasm but a completely unrelated point to what was being talked about, so a meaningless progression to the discussion

lol I have no problems with you personally, just don't use a term you KNOW to be poorly defined, and then get triggered when someone asks you to define it

OK cool bye

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Blight is not OP.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455
    Options

The blue blight legend, heh ? Me too. (Damn I should run that blue skin more to honor his legacy). Will never thank him enough for making me learn about blight. I don’t think I ever saw you in chat back when he was still around. Are you in his server ?

• DatFastBoi
    Options

Oh fr ? My bad I was talking about ascension, thought you were talking about him too since he made a whole video about how infectious was good for blight ! I’ll check ya out fosho 😭

• DatFastBoi
    Options

Well ascension used to be (and I think he still is even though he doesn’t play dbd anymore) the dude with the most lethal rush hits on the leaderboards, I’m far away from him since I’m only 200th, but I wanna be on the top 150

• DatFastBoi
    Options

Oh yeah, I’ve been one tricking him since his POV change

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

No and No. He definitely takes a lot of time to learn how to play properly, especially on different maps. Once you do get good with him, he is definitely strong, but not OP. What you get from getting good with him is the ability to land basic hits. Not any crazy instadown or ranged attacks that can span the entire map. The thing he's very good at is map traversal. He's arguably better at that than any killer, with maybe the exception of Billy, except the Blight actually benefits from bumping into things.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    Options

People have said this a few times, but his skill floor is pretty low, especially after his height fix. Just zoom around the map, bump and smack. A lot of times it's all you need. Skill ceiling is extremely high, relative to DBD of course. DBD being anything but hard should put Blight as comfortably feasible with enough dedication but still a challenge.

He is not OP. But he is a ridiculously strong pub-stomper even in the hands of below-average killer players due to perks and map presence. He's a killer that feels like he's balanced for SWF over solo, which by itself isn't an issue, but makes the by far weakest 'side' of this game feel terrible if it's a sweaty Blight. And most of them are.

His flicks are also far more generous than some let on and it's really not that hard to land a hit in a tricky area without using some bizarre tech or whatever exploits people keep finding. You can be off the mark and still do some whacky flick to punish a survivor that read you perfectly. I would suppose that's what makes him so 'viable' but it does get on people's nerves given how intense and challenging he is to deal with only to be smacked down anyway when you did well. Still a greatly designed killer, I'm just kind of bored of him because it's just constant sweat. Rather Blight than Nurse.