Comments

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

I strongly agree. It's about time devs actually did something

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options

Like I and many others keep saying. The devs need to do something or they are going to keep coming. I have seen more posts about this than anything. Why are the devs not paying attention, its all on Facebook pages as well. They aren't supporting the community unless it's the survivors

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Yes, feed me with those threds.

They're so funny

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Oh no...anyway, I will now go on to have fun as Ghostface...

• BigBrother84
    BigBrother84 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Behaviour is using an old recipe: there are 5 players in every match.

Make the game fun for 4 of those players (survivors) and unbearable for the other 1 player (killer). At the end of the match 4 people are happy 1 is upset.

Why is it survivor sided:

• * A perk being or becoming a hex is always a nerf (example: hex ruin), hex can't be reset once cleansed, killer cant choose where to put the hex so it could be in plain sight. Boons are buff on perks: survivor can provide others with extra skill, a survivor with no healing item, no iron will and no unbreakable could get all those perk out of other survivor totems having room for 4 extra perks, Boons can be reset once destroyed, survivors can choose where to put them.
    • * Tapping gens to stop regression. After a killer kick on a gen a surv can use 0.01s just to tap the gen and stop regresion, they can even do it in some chases. So the killer is forced to use hex ruin or pop goes the weasel to get something out of kicking gens, so the killer now plays with 3 perks to choose.
    • * 99% opening exit gates. Survivors can open exit gates up to 99% then rescuing, or doing whatever they want because when they need to escape exit-gate will take less that 0.1s to actually open, ie, late game is mostly controlled by survivors: they even control when the end game collapse starts (in most scenarios)
    • * Voice chatting (vc): yes this is cheating and Behaviour can't do anything to avoid this, the only solution is to implemente vc inside DBD and assume they are gonna use it and buff all killers in response. Why is vc cheating? R/ it is an illegal advantage: the hard part for survivors is that they do not know the map, they do not know where other survivors are, or where gens are located and they have to make an effort into cooperate: there are perk for each of those skills: bond, empathy and perks/items to mark places in the map as gen locations, there are perks to coordinate the rescue out of a hook, etc. With vc they get all that for FREE. Now there are complicated killers, assume I use a software that helps me aim hatchets with huntress: that is considered cheating, or I use a software that helps me locate survivors or helps me blink with nurse: that is cheating because it is an unfair advantage non implemented in game: sane is voice chatting. This gets even worse if you combine vc with things like tapping gens or 99% exit gates.
    • * The 1 vs 1 scenario. Many survivors (that practice several hours a day) are able to sustain a chase with killer for far too long, some times with the killer unable to catch them. Casual player cant win again those and it is true there are super trained killers who can get them even with more disadvantage the problem is the probability of playing vs a "pro" player. If you play killer there is a high probability that at leas 1 or 2 of your survivors are super skilled. If you play survivor (since there is 1 killer only) the probability of facing a "pro" killer is 75% lower.
    • DBD was suppose to be a horror game where you hide and run from the "monster" (called killer) with the extra benefit that the killer is controlled by a person and not an IA. However DBD had become something more similar to an fps or a fighting game where survivors face the enemy directly and are able to win. Most of the time killer is more affraid of survivors that survivor are from the killer.
    • I personally only enjoy game lately with only 1 or 2 killers like trapper or pig who have a different game play and catching survivors does not depend of having 5 hours/day of practice.
  • Peridok
    Peridok Member Posts: 1
    Options

I kind of agree with the fact that this game is survivor sided. This game was not intended to be like this, but, for some reason, the killer side started to get nerfed, and the survivor side was just getting better and better. The first nerf I encountered was the new hit validation sistem... The current sistem in weird, because sometimes, blood shows on the screen, the hit sound is heard, and somehow it is not validated. After that, many good killers and good killers addons were nerfed hard. Not big things, but important ones. One example is the ADS time for Deathslinger. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is. After that, boon perks got introduced in this game. Those are just insanely op. They are better perks than usual, that are tied to a boon totem. Killers also have this, they are called hex perks. Hex totems randomly spawn on the map and once a survivor destroys it, the perk and it's benefits are gone forever. On the other side, boon perks can be placed by a survivor, on any totem he/she wants. Boon totems can only be deactivated by the killer. After that, the survivor can just apply it again to the same totem, or a different one. Almost forgot to mention that a survivor can place multiple boon perks on a single totem. This small changes slowly made the game survivor sided.

I have done some tests with my friends group. We all play dbd and are on diferent levels. Some are survivors mains, some are killer mains, some are noobs, some pros. 14 people in total. After some disscutions, we came to some conclussions. Regardless of players skill, pros vs pros or noobs vs noobs, somehow survivors are at a slight advantage. My friend with 2000 hours in the game, hopped into a match as killer. He is a very experienced player, with sharp game-sense. He tried his best against a team of survivors with the same rank as him, had some amazing moves, only a good player is cappable of doing, but still somehow only got one of the 4 survivors, and he got it in end-game.

So, playing as killer, regardless of skill, is harder than playing as survivor, and i don't think that anyone can contradict this fact.

Other details that advantage survivors:

The ability of doing things faster than killer

• the killer damages a generator in 3 seconds, a survivor can stop the regression in a milisecond.
    • a survivor always can vault a window faster than the killer.
    • it takes only a second to put a pallet down, and the killer get's stunned for 2 seconds, has to break the pallet for an aditional 3 seconds and he loses his small speed-boost called bloodlust while doing so...

Survivors can intensionaly use some mechanics in the game at their advantage. For example, the end-game is only triggered when a survivor opens the exit gate. A survivor can open the exit game for 99% and then just wait. The second the killer is there, the survivor can open the gate in a milisecond, then leave.

There are a lot more reasons this game became survivor sided, but i don't have enough time to write them all...

As an advice to people that want to buy this game: Only buy Dead By Daylight if you want to play as survivor and have fun, or play as killer to have a hard time and get some small rewards.