Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Yeah if BHVR could lose the license for RE that'd be great.

With the removal of Hawkins RCPD is now easily the most infuriating maps to play killer on. I never had a problem with it before boons were introduced into the game but specifically CoH makes the map unbearable. If you play killer and get unlucky a boon 2 floors above in the library covers a third of the map. Maybe im more mad at boons but RCPD highlights how one sidedly broken boons are currently.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

I would be so happy if that map went away.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,565

How ‘bout we don’t advocate for the loss of whole licenses, and instead ask for the map to be changed.

Loss of licenses mean far more than just the loss of the maps. I hope you realise that.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

RCPD is my favorite map alongside Midwich, but for me it's that Shadoestep that drives me nuts.

Indoor maps were supposed to be a safe space for me :(

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Someone who hates the RE chapter, particularly Nemesis, for not being lore accurate enough.

• lauraa

I'm still hopeful that well get a Rocket Launcher.

May sound crazy, but just like Lucky Break and Overcome ppl will calm down if they just release it and tell people to deal with it

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Not sure how a rocket launcher will work for balancing tbh.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I actually kind of think RCPD is a neat map, even though I don’t really know my way around it very well. Honestly I like playing on that map more than the corn maps!

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

It’s one of those maps where I wish I had visionary.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Or just rework the map to be more balanced. No need to remove content because of a map.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Honest question since I haven’t played that map all that much, what are the balance issues in RCPD? I know there’s a couple a safe pallets, but there’s also mindgameable ones so it never really struck me as all that unfair. Most of the problems I have on that map stem from me getting lost. 😄

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

- The map is too big (Pretty sure it's bigger than Mother's Dwelling), which can hurt both killers and survivors.

- Totems are nearly impossible to find, which makes Boons and Hex totems an issue.

- There are a couple infinites there (Can't remember exactly where they are)

- It's very maze like which can lead to players getting lost, which can hurt the whole team as survivor and give killers a difficult time in trying to find survivors.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

It is one of my favorite maps for killer, and RE is one of my favorite licenses, I'd rather it stayed lmao

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I dislike the map but luckily don't get it so often that it bothers me.

Not a fan of midwich as well.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Map layout is just big and lika a labyrinth with its hallways.

If you played RE2 it is more simple.

And if you played it more often you learn the layout. I like it. For some killers it is very hard though.

• Unicorn_scarecrow
    Unicorn_scarecrow Member Posts: 63

As a Jill main and a Nemesis for fun, I have to ask, why do they need to remove the whole ass license because you don’t like the map with Boons on them?

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Hell no. The map might be bad and Nemesis might not be as good as he could be, but it's staying

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

thing is, how are you going to balance a rocket launcher to feel like a rocket launcher but also be balanced? If it doesnt instadown, you'd basically be throwing skippy balls. If it DOES instadown, it's range needs to be quite limited or it's hitbox needs to be quite large to the point where it's gonna be really clunky to use, but if it's gonna be long range, you'd never effectively gonna hit a survivor since it would be globally announced with aura's being shown(Artist doesnt even show much aura, and she doesnt even deal a single state of damage with her power untill it hits twice, imagine Artist's power, except its an instadown)

Not even including the fact that it would need to break pallets and walls if it instadowns too, which means that it could effectively break pallets across the map.

People dont realize it, but the balance of being practically unusable and overpowered is actually quite thin, which is why a lot of buffs tend to come with negative effects to pull back the potential a bit.

You could make it like Myers, but instead of time based, he'd only get 1-2 shots per t3 scenario, and even then, it needs quite the amount of announcements.

Guns and long range explosives simply arent gonna work in DBD, and if you try to make it work, it's just gonna be disappointment. Lucky Break and Overcome arent actually that gamechanging. Yeah, they might be strong for that specific chase, but even if all survivors were running it, they would need to have insane (self)healing builds to use Lucky Break more than once while also having Vigil to have Overcome ready again. People were effectively arguing the worst case scenario, and even the worst case scenario was not as good as running Dead Hard and DS.

The only time I could see Nemesis have a rocket launcher where it can even be remotely balanced without being a disappointment, is once the EGC timer has started.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

Nemesis retreats into the centre of the map and enters into an Aerial View of the entire map. Selecting an area would set off a homing rocket launcher, instantly killing any survivors within the area except for Jill Valentine because plot armour.

GGEZ very balanced

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited December 2021

I've...learned to live with RPD, especially since they seem to have fixed that bloody infinite in the office.

The thing to remember is - it sucks for survivors just as much as it does for killer. It's a miserable map all round.

Pick one half of the map, including the gen in the hallway and try to force a 3-4gen situation if you are on a killer without traversal. Yeah, it's a lame, boring way to play but there isn't much you can do. Also remember that the hatch often spawns on the second floor of the library, and to avoid getting into chases in that room otherwise.

If I had a dollar for every time a survivor has hit stage 2/died on hook because his allies couldn't figure out how to reach him...I'd probably be able to afford pizza for the family.

The major issue with RPD imho is that boons can cover literally half the map and you'll never be able to find them.

• lauraa

Once pertrial, after a prerequisite one of which is being in Tier 3,Nemmy throws a huntress hatchet with an extreme arc that explodes into a clown bottle, downing anybody caught in it and breaks any wall or door. Said rocket launcher makes him Nurse speed or something, and it can't be dropped.

On indoor maps it wouldn't be very good anyway

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

So, use it lategame on The Game, stand in the middle and destroy half the map's worth of pallets and walls, making it very easy to traverse.

Use it somewhat in the middle on RPD, and there are 5-6 good pallets that you never have to walk to again.

Lery's, decent for now, but Lery's needs breakable walls to be a bit more managable for m1 killers.

Midwich, it's absolute god tier if you know when and where to use it.

Let alone that on outside maps, especially Dead Dawg, it could effectively make the map unloopable for anyone.

So yeah, even with that one time use, very hard to balance. Would it be fun to use? Sure, but old BNP was also fun to use, didnt mean it wasnt absolutely broken.

• lauraa

Nemmy is a scaling Killer, so I figure itd be an end game kinda thing, at which point blowing up pallets is kinda worthless at that point. It could spawn in a Vaccine chest that would be highlighted for Survivors to tell them to GTFO

• MrSlippery
    MrSlippery Member Posts: 98

All indoor maps are garbage unless you play stealth killers. But Nemesis is such a fun killer to play. Just DC if you get the map. Easy counter to RCPD.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

No the loss of an license would just piss of the fans. I don’t like the map when I play either side, but the chapter gave us awesome characters, cool killer, and fun perks. Maybe rework the map, but not delete it that. I wouldn’t want haddonfield removed even tho I don’t like that map

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I don't care how much someone hates a map, it's never okay to wish the devs lose a license over something so stupid as your personal feelings towards a map. I personally love RPD on both sides and would hate to see the map go and I love the Resident Evil characters and what they've been getting, so I hope they never lose the license.

• TheBigGopher
    TheBigGopher Member Posts: 122

No, for one reason mainly

Insidious Nemesis.

• DorkianBae
    DorkianBae Member Posts: 227

I actually like RPD, I just want the map to be reworked/fixed

Sadly this is BHVR though and they are terrible at fixing map (maps almost always way too huge with 2w949294 god pallets and god loops that only get fixed with a breakable wall)

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    edited December 2021

nah don't put this out in the universe, I hope we lose ghostface licenses and he won't be able to be played at all

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 651

That map is a prime example of how survivor-sided the game is. I play both equally, but anyone can see that the map provides no advantage to any killers perhaps other than Nurse for being able to teleport between floors at will, but even then the map is enormous to traverse for her and it is easy to accidentally blink to the wrong floor when not intended, especially around the basement area. Yep, it's survivor's paradise, providing plenty of places to hide, run to safety, strong pallet loops, and unfair boon placements for killers to deal with.

But of course, BHVR does not pay attention to such things. Balance? What is that?