Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

My hype for new killers is basically Zero

I don't play DBD all that often and so I know when I come back to play the new killer I'll have to grind millions of blood points on other killers until I finally unlock BBQ and Chili on the new one.

How has this issue not been solved yet in the years since Bubba has been released? Either you need to deal with getting half your normal BPs or you just don't get to play the new killer until the RNG decides to hand you the one perk you're looking for.

It keeps getting worse every single patch too! Because more and more perks keep getting added.

Either the perk grind needs to be reduced or there needs to be more perks that offer the same BP bonus that BBQ has (just make them not stack with each other). Preferably both.

Comments

• PlayTwink
    PlayTwink Member Posts: 454

I agree the grind is sick. They should at this point remove the tiers for perks. They're just making our lifes harder.

• DorkianBae
    DorkianBae Member Posts: 227

The new player experience is pretty bad, but also the casual player experience grind.

They want the horrid grind to keep people like me that have thousands of hours engaged working towards something but the new players are basically screwed

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,612

Making BBQ's BP gain basekit is definitely a good first step, but honestly, the game needs far more than just that- and BBQ itself might need a buff too, since its actual effect isn't that great.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

Again, I disliked a great many of Scott's suggestions in his fake patch video, but the BBQ-style bonus for the maximum amount of grouped survivors was pretty nifty sounding. Give little links between survivors that are partied together Overwatch-style (was it overwatch that did that? It's been a while...)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Taking tiers into account, there's 303 survivor perks and 270 killer perks. I beg the devs to bring us down to 101 survivor perks and 90 killer perks. I'm pretty sure there's more survivor and killer perks without the tiers than there were survivor and killer perks with tiers back in 2016. Just remove them and things will be better. I know they'll say something like "It makes the work players did prior to that change seem meaningless and unfulfilling if we make that change," but at this point I'd stop thinking about veteran players and start thinking about new players.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Why get excited about any killer things when it will be nerfed to the ground immediately before release or 2-4 weeks after release? And if it's already mediocre, maybe they'll nerf it a year or two down the line just because.

There's no sense of consistency or reliability. And that's BEFORE you have to blow 7 million BP to get the perks you want per killer.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

I wish there was a way to raise the chances of getting the perks and addons you want on the Bloodweb, that way we wouldn't have to spend thousands just for one perk

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Yup!

The grind can be absolutely ridiculous sometimes.

It took me over 2m BP to unlock BBQ on Plague recently, that much again to unlock Retribution on Artist and I'm now 3m deep trying to get STBFL on Cenobite.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

"Either you need to deal with getting half your normal BPs" Not getting DOUBLE BP is not the same as getting half your BP. You get your base BP. BBQ & Chili can give you 100% more... not having it does not reduce your BP - just a point of clarification. The same issue applies to survivors if they have not unlocked We're Gonna Live Forever - and it is felt way worse survivor side than it is killer side - as there are more survivor perks to unlock AND survivors on average earn anywhere from 5-15% less BP than killers per match depending on how the match goes.

With that being said: If you want the perks - you play the game. While I do not think BBQ/WGLF should be base kit - I do think that the amount per match should be increased by at least 50% overall - so from a 32k max to a 48k max per match base.