How to nerf Dead Hard correctly

Nowadays, almost everyone uses this perk. Because he forgives mistakes, and the killers cannot resist him in any way. Especially with validation. I often see survivors become more insolent because they know they have Dead Hard to save them. As in the old DS, where it was not canceled by certain actions.

So how do I propose to change this. Add constraint. When survivors are using it, they cannot use pallets and windows for 3 seconds. So the survivors will at least begin to wonder where and how to use it correctly. Instead of just pushing it near the pallet to dump. And the killer won't do anything.

Comments

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219
    edited December 2021

Dead hard is a weak perk. Its good against killers who arent experienced. And those we have plenty atm

• Ravakahr
    Ravakahr Member Posts: 130

i think you need to main survivor. Then you'll understand. You cannot understand if you only play killer.

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2021

What do I need to understand? That the survivors are brazenly using the Dead Hard to save their lives, and there's nothing I can do about it. Should I understand this?

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

In my opinion Dead Hard should be used similar to Balanced Landing.

Every perk is usually situational and Dead Hard is working against the killer's lunge.

I would make Dead Hard work against camping. If the survivor got saved from the hook and the killer is about to down them again, Dead Hard will activate, they will move forward to ignore that hit.

• Ravakahr
    Ravakahr Member Posts: 130

You should watch Red Scourge or Otz on youtube. They always wait dead hard out and have almost zero issues with it. Your attention should be focused on why does it take so many BP to level a killer. The BP system is terrible and should cost 50% less bloodpoints to level a killer so you can try ALL the other killers and get ALL there perks without grinding 2000 hours. Thats a better use of your time honestly <3.

• Faen
    Faen Member Posts: 55
    edited December 2021

What a wait-and-see. What are you talking about? If the survivor uses this perk to get to the pallet and to the window. And I can't do anything about it. What kind of waiting can we talk about.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

This works only when survivor is inside deadzone.

You can still use it for distance, which is how most survivors use it and there is nothing killer can do about it and it is really annoying for many killers. Mainly, Blight and Nurse....

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

I'll let you nerf dh when tunneling will be bannable. Until then, sayonara cowboy

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943
    edited December 2021

can you tell me what he needs to understand if not why did you comment this?

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Make it so that I lose hook state per use with 0s cd

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

I dont use dead hard because in higher ranks (or maybe against good killer) you get down no matter what. they are able to wait out or they dont use lunge (they are just so close that i cant time my DH correctly ). Dead hard is great to get closer to the pallet yes but overally is terrible perk. Spring burst is way better, saved my life numerous times.

Dead hard is used by survivors who lower their mmr on purpose to troll unskilled killers

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

Most of the people in this post are talking about using DH for distance. There is no counter when survivors use it for distance to reach a pallet or window.

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

When I play killer, I always play around dead hard to counter it and i don’t have any issues. Honestly, this perk is not as good as people claim.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

I'd make it only usable when survivor is healthy.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Remove the invulnerability frames and make that you can curve when dashing.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,294

Dead Hard will net you 3 seconds, tops, if you can't use it to dash to pallet or window. The whole 'then they'll think about when and where to use it' is a clear misunderstanding of how the perk works. If they're dashing to a pallet or window, they clearly DID think about when and where to use it.

• OniHatesSWF
    OniHatesSWF Member Posts: 85

Nope. You're definitely not in HIGH MMR. Stop making story, go watching the really high mmr clips.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

The problem is DH is a get out of jail free card for survivors. People complain every time that perks like noed are cheap and you just need to get better so you don't need it and that might be true but I work on my skills to be a better player get petter at chases and mindgames and then DH comes and takes my efforts.

I would say I'm not the best player I just have roughly 150 hours or so cause rl is a thing but I try to work to get better and atm 8 out 10 times I actually manage to win the mind game and could normally down the survivor like I should DH saves the day my hit goes into thin air and the survivor can likely reach the next loop cause I am slowed for the missed hit that just seems not fair. People in this forum often say the player with more skill should win but in this situation skill doesn't matter

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

They are right that its the best general use exhaustion perk as its the only one that the survivor is in compete control of(Not counting insta down killers).

There's nothing to understand about dead harding to reach a pallet/window and I should know as its my main exhaustion perk lol.