Killers are lazy nowadays

Mileena_Kahn
Mileena_Kahn Member Posts: 600
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Nowadays killers just never leave their first hook, it’s like why even play killer if you’re not gonna chase anyone else and just babysit your hook? Not even that, instead of chasing the unhooker they chase the unhooked. Had a nurse tunnel me all game and it cost her a 4 escape. Why do killers play like this? When they play like this I have no sympathy or remorse for being a jerk to them at the gates

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

"So pretty, so fair, so sad and alone... Come. Let us be a family!" 

While i stare at you hanging from a hook

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    edited December 2021

It's basically true... I got tunnelled an entire game, got caught right at the end and my teammate died on their first hook trying to save me while the Killer camped. They got a 2k and 21k points with very little effort... pretty crazy.

Meanwhile, I died with 9k points (from getting chased the entire game). The most points earned on the team was 12k, since the Killer didn't interact with anyone but me the entire game.

• Sybarite
    Sybarite Member Posts: 49

honestly depends on a lot of factors.

Doing that on the first hook is 95% chance of being bad though and you will lose badly odds are 0K or 1K. The only time I have ever done that is when I was playing Oni vs a team who pick RPD running four flashlights. They kept trying to bait near the library and just being toxic so I wanted the game over ASAP. Funnily enough, got 4K only due to them being silly.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Honestly, this are always the most satisfying wins. But sadly, for every game were I floor a toxic team, there are about three were its the other way around. Still, its very satisfying to see their aweful ways and toxic behaviour being repaid with bitter defeat.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

It's just a lazy way to get kills. That's all there is to it.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

That purely depends on who you verse and what do you except from a win in this game. Try playing vs actually good survivors without using hated tactics. You'll get 3 unfun chases per game until all gens are done in 5 minutes and everyone is out.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It's just a viscous cycle

Killer starts game... plays 1-2 matches as fairly as possible... but the survivors Teabag and other things when the Gates are opened

Killer continues to play but starts to Camp and Tunnel

Survivor starts game... plays 1-2 matches as fairly as possible... but the match either ends with all escaping and not getting that much BP or they all die and not getting a lot of BP

Survivor continues to play but starts to try to get the Killers attention and trying to stop the Camping and Tunneling

I won't even mention endgame chat at this point (cause we all know what's said)

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    edited December 2021

Depends if you're a bad killer that just wants to make the game miserable for everyone then you're a piece of sheet, but if you're a great killer against 4 DS + Meta Perks in high mmr its justified.

As a Survivor, ever since the Epic Games release I've been seeing way too many weak killers who just camp on hook because they can't be bothered to use their brain in chases other than repeatedly pressing m1 when a survivor got too close to the hook.

Sadly as a Killer main its too damn predictable and boring to watch, I play Legion for fun even at High MMR and this guys can't even be bothered to press W far away from the hook, they're not even trying. They're just beating bad survivors cause they won't leave the hook and SoloQ newbies keeps unhooking.

Funny thing is I'VE HAD A WRAITH WHO TOLD ME GG EZ BAIT FOR CAMPING 2 HOOKS THE WHOLE GAME. and i just laughed thinking this guy doesn't even know how to play the game, and he thinks he's a good killer standing there playing guard duty simulator against SoloQ. lol

Post edited by Plsfix369 on
  • Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

They are not tunneling only in high MMR. Let's be honest, shall we?

• Sakurra
    edited December 2021

That can't be completely true. When I'm playing killer I also get matches that last 5 minutes with 1-3 hooks, but my MMR for killers can't be that high because I'm not that good. So that's not happening only in high MMR. Genrush or tunneling happens no matter how is your MMR. And tunneling can be a strategy, yes, but when there are situations like: 5 gens and 1 DC at first down and the killer will tunnel I'm sorry to say, but that's not a strategy, that only means the killer is that bad that he thinks he can't win against 3 persons with 5 gens without tunneling...

Edit: I don't care about streamers, especially that ozt

• Sakurra

Where I did blamed someone? You play how you want I play how I want. I don't give a ######### about how others playstyle or if someone will DC. But you can't say tunneling means skill. An easy strategy to win a game doesn't mean skill no matter what you say.

• Sakurra

Now we are mad that I don't like that guy lol what a shame. Hate is a big word. Be careful with what are you saying.

• Sakurra
    edited December 2021

"Toxic mindset" lmao. I don't have idea why you are so bitter about my opinion but whatever lol

• PigsEatBacon
    PigsEatBacon Member Posts: 53

The game/chases are only boring if you make it boring. I personally learn and get better against good survivors and don't let certain chase actions ever upset me.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Question, do you use really strong loops like haddonfield almost infinite? Or pre drop all pallets in gidgeon? If you do you might understand why killers play like that.

Remember, killers also see more BM than most players, most killers get tired of the constant ######### talk endgame and all the BM, so why work harder when you can play for the 2k or probably 3k if you have noed?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Why not? If it is so easy to kill someone that I do not lift a finger, might as well take the free bloodpoints. Work smart, not hard, as the boomers say.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,882
    edited December 2021

I mean the role is called killer so they're living up to the name. Also mmr has just destroyed so many people's drive to actually try since everyone knows you take your first chase and 2-3 gens complete unless its that 1 in 10 chance where it doesn't. And people who say "just leave chase" are being ignorant by ignoring the fact that the survivor you were just chasing would also work on a gen then you would have to go chase a different healthy person. Like right now with map tile generation and how huge maps are healing isnt that much of a priority unless you have CoH where you just heal in 8 seconds with someone near you.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

Some people don't want to admit they made mistakes and just want something else to blame.

• lordfart
    lordfart Member Posts: 538

Dunno I get bored with that playstyle, and I'm a Twins main they were built for that ######### lol. But it's um not fun to me since I don't really care about kills let alone 4k, I just wanna have fun

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

No, you're wrong. You like to phrase things in absolutes like you know what you're talking about and it's old hat.

• Plenty solo's who have half a brain bring Detective's Hunch, bang out 2-3 totems, and memorize the last 2 in case that NoEd goes off
    • Plenty solo's can pre drop pallets long enough that the last gens are already popping in the event they are camped
    • Not all camps magically equal a pending NoEd, regardless. These are not mutually exclusive playstyles, although if you're facing camping NoEders often I'd be concerned about your quality of play. At that point it says more about you than the Killer

Even in solo queue you will find survivors mentally equipped to bang out gens and walk out the gate, it's not some unicorn. You know, unless you're really bad at this game and in the MMR basement.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

"You can’t do anything about it since you can’t tell your teammates that you are getting camped."

I remember back in the day that survivor-on-hook-gymnastics (animation spamming) were the universal sign for "the killer is camping". No idea what happened to that but i guess spamming anything but flashlights or Tbags was to tiring for survivors.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

They can't be bothered to play nice and go for many chases, since doing that often gives them worse results than just camping. Blame the survivor sided game for that, not the killer.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

@burt0r already explained why you're wrong on this one. Solo's have multiple communication tools for camping.

Do you just magically assume the first person starts on hook when the game launches? It's always weird how people start that example like there isn't possibly enough time to do anything but gens if the killer is camping. Feel free to pre-drop pallets, take a protection hit for the tunelee, run detectives hunch and remember the spawns of 3 totems in case there is a noed, and track the Killers perks to see if you can identify all 4.

It is bizarre how lazy your arguments are. You know, given the name of this thread.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I'm just sitting here trying to figure out why he hasn't found Kindred yet. It's a free perk!

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Because it would take a spot away from the precious meta perks that are "essential and absolutely necessary".

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

It's definitely lazy. You aren't learning to play the game properly and are relying on tactics you learned when you first started playing killer. Face-Camping and Proxy-Tunnel is something every killer learns before they even learn to use their power properly.