Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Will Bubba be removed?

Options

Now that the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game has been announced, does that mean BHVR could lose the license like they did with Stranger Things?

Best Answer

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,554
    Options

We don’t know for sure but it is entirely possible for a license to be featured in multiple games…

licenses need to be renewed though. As long as both parties (BHVR and TCM license holder) still agree Leatherface will stay…

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

Probably but never fear this piece of nonsense is coming in March,oh I can hardly wait.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Mooks
    Options

How is this nonsense? Ringu/The Ring is a very well known horror story and deserves to be in the ‚Hall of Fame of Horror‘

why would you even comment this here instead of one of the multiple threads about chapter 23 announcement….

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I guess the loss of the license can happen for the reason of disagreement or inability regarding something. Not necessarily because of the release of a new game with the same character.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Just because there’s a Texas Chainsaw video game in the works doesn’t necessarily mean DbD will lose the license. Licensed characters can appear in multiple video games. Heck, Pyramid Head and Nemesis are literally characters from other video game franchises. It all depends on the details of the legal agreement.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Because their favourite killer is Spirit, so they're nervous that Spirit is going to get the Billy treatment. I sincerely doubt she will, but you never really know with Behaviour.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I'd be totally cool with losing Bubba. His gameplay is extremely dull and uninteresting (drop the pallet or die) and his kit actively encourages camping (it's essentially impossible to save if Bubba decides to camp). So yeah, I'd be totally cool with losing him.

Another more objectively good reason as to why his removal could be good, is that if he is removed, then BBQ could be made into a basic perk available to all. That would obviously be extremely good for the game as it would remove the 'pay to reduce the grind' thing that we have currently. I know that BBQ technically can show up in the shrine, but it shows up so rarely that it's kind of a non-factor.

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

Because it is a free forum,no doubt with near on 7.5 k posts you must have been guilty of this.😂

• Mooks
    Options

Sure. I was just wondering because.. it serves no purpose here and you don’t reach many people here either way compared to a thread in General Discussions.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,366
    Options

Hope not and don´t think so.

Netflix is too popular. Other License Holders maybe value the benefit more to have their licenses used.