I 100% understand why survivors feel the need to rush gens in every match.

Options

First 3 matches of the day (Spirit, Huntress, Spirit) all 3 of them camped on first hook. No one takes the bait. All gens get done, No Ed is their backup plan.

It is unfortunate because it makes the gameplay dull and boring. The worst part was they all had ONE thing in common...They were all really bad when it came to down to chases and actually using their power.

I have absolutely 0 sympathy for these type of killers. One, because I too play killer and while I do use those playstyles, it mostly happens organically, not because I refuse to chase anyone or it didn't make sense to do so.

So you know what I say? Keep gen-rushing survivors and don't feel bad about what you're doing because they won't feel bad for you when you are being slugged on the floor for 4 minutes on the ground or being camped 30 seconds into the match. Sorry not sorry.

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,423
    edited December 2021
    Options

I would 100% rather go against 4 DS/UB/DH than for me to casually sit there at my first hook.

At that point I might as well uninstall and find another game if I was forced to do that. I like the challenge this game provides, and there are certainly builds that you see more often than not. So I am not taking that away, but sure is boring holding M1 the whole match.

I actually ended up dying in one of the matches, because I sacrificed myself instead of the person who was so patient just not even attempting to let go. That felt more exciting than doing gens.

My main point was to underline how it was done on first hook.

They were doing this at 5 gens still standing. No one had came in with the intention of rushing generators. Seeing as I saw a couple of them opening chests, cleansing totems.

Like, I understand the need to do it when certain elements get brought into the match (like strong perks being used or bad map RNG) but to me it just feels like they didn't even try.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

I have never let anyone bleed out on purpose. One person was a griever and crawled away, so that I couldnt get the hook, but he couldnt escape because the hatch was closed and only one exit gate was open while everyone else had left. That was really childish, but eh, whatever.

Besides that, I have relaxed my stand on NOED in the DH/DS/CoH/BT saturated survivor meta and now again use it without a bad feeling. Not on every killer, mind you, but when I happen to get it thrown in my face while leveling up some killer I will use it. Interestingly a lot of survivors stil think that NOED is unfair and that its kills shouldn`t count, somehow. Well, you do you, and I do mine.

Camping on first hook is boring as hell, I give you that, as is getting tunneled 30s into the game. But if you tunnel, that means that someone saved that person, so thats only 2 other survivors on gens, which is valid. Camping one survivor while three others are doing gens, though, isnt a winning strategy. But this is a moot point as I normally play as if i had Devour Hope equiped, unless some cheeky survivor runs past me and tries to go for an unsave unhook.

• GargledFire
    GargledFire Member Posts: 83
    Options

Survivors genrush because there is no fun or reward in "looping" many of the newer killers. Why would a team of 4 team loop shack against a nemesis, or any other "Free hit" AI killer when windows and pallets don't mean anything? Better to just win as fast as possible and hope for a more fun killer next match. Even more so if that killer is camping or tunneling.

Newer players are taught to not interact with the killer, don't go for chases. All by the "modern" perk and killer designs which punish the things that made this game fun. People didn't sit on gens or at hook as much when the game was about chase instead of manipulating statistics to hand out participation trophy kills and escapes.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited December 2021
    Options

No, I completely hear you. Some people have died on the ground, in matches where I played killer because I just couldn't find them.

I also have no issue with No Ed itself, but as @Phasmamain pointed out, it feels so underserving when you know what they have been doing the entire match, that No Ed will throw them a bone so to speak.

I don't question the validity of Camping itself. I just question lack of interaction it provides. The game should feel like we are in constant chases, not like we spawned in and all we did was hold M1 and left. I don't know if that makes sense.

Like, I feel the devs should focus on making the game more interactive, regardless of what perks are brought. Survivors shouldn't feel the need to bring DS anymore than a killer feels the need to bring things to slow gens down. There are ideas there that they could explore and make it a win win situation for everyone IMO.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    Options

Oh really you would 100% go against 4 meta savants who might I add makes up alot of the mmr problems and go through the game without ever thinking about camping them? IMO the meta for survivors has made camping more of a viable option than dealing with the broken nonsense that this game offers and yes while I can admit getting camped sucks why not have that be a reason to try and be more stealthy and not get caught rather than to put it bluntly having to use meta training wheels.

That part is just how I think but the main point I was saying is that unfortunately, atm survivor behavior encourages camping both causes of how much they complain about it showing it is viable and how much some survivors egg them on to the point they deserve it. While tunneling and slugging can be excused especially for people zurg rushing the hook as soon as you turn around I can get why camping is a pain to deal with but I can't agree on meta perks being the answer to it.

And Before you say it cause I know it will happen yes I camp too at times but I am trying to do it only at the end or when its needed but, its hard not to just cause I am still learning some killers and trying to find one that can be fun, viable and offers a fair game.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Funny coincidence, I just started maining insidious Bubba today !

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960
    Options

Fair enough and I only use that to describe IMO people who rely a bit too much on the meta thought maybe that might be a little better than sweaty tryhard but thats just me heh

where I am right now I can do ok with PH, nemesis I can't seem to get behind, deathslinger is gone for me, I've been told I been one of the more better myers due to balancing out his stalk ability, ghost face I haven't tried yet and oni as embarrassing as it is to admit I can do well but certain maps are terrible due to collision with the club and artist I only did one match.It doesn't help also that atm Im still trying to get the learnables to actually start making builds

• k0reant3a
    k0reant3a Member Posts: 139
    Options

When a killer goes for one chase and gets them down fairly quick there is 3 gens left obviously they will proxy camp the gens go so efficiently at high mmr and playing survivor is so chill I play both roles as well. Killer is by far stressful and I can see why they would proxy camp or tunnel

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Why do you think they were using NOED and camping?

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Lmao you're just part of the cycle. killer gets bullied > killer decides to be toxic > survivors then decide to be toxic > survivors start bullying killers.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2021
    Options

It always confuses me how the start of EVERY survivor agenda must include a personal anecdote about a killer playing the way the survivor doesn't want, and the killer losing as a result.

Like your personal beliefs about how a single match played out justifies the most inane conclusions about wide swathes of the player base.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Not sure what your comment is suppose to add to the conversation.

I never claimed that my beliefs or experiences justifies any conclusion. I just stated my thoughts on survivors who feel the need to gen rush and how because I (since I play killer too) understand their side more, because of the actions of some killer players.

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

Is this a rhetorical question? Or do you actually want my opinion on the why?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

How are they griefing for crawling away? They simply dont want to give you the kill after you left them on the floor to do something unrelated to that survivor. If you're not picknig a survivor up, they are gonna move away from that spot. Nothing childish about that. It's equally childish to leave a survivor on the floor so long that they can crawl to the opposite side of the map.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

Ok? Cool story I guess.

• foxsansbox
    Options

What you did is you tried a subtle flex to tweak people of the opposing argument. Again, it's inane.

Survivors don't feel the need to gen rush because killers tunnel and camp. They do it because it is their objective, it is starkly faster than the killers objective, and they want to win. They don't have anything to do in the game because 1 survivor can do all the heavy lifting by pre-dropping pallets against the large majority of the killer roster. If you actually played killer you'd understand that.

Also, if all three killers in a row were truly really bad at chasing and using their powers, then that says more about you and your MMR, as you are the common denominator in this story.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Ok, I will elaborate. It was a very sweaty match on Ormond and the survivor in question had BM me all game. I eventually downed him on the chase to the exit gate, had a bit back and forth with the other three, wounded a few and finally chased them through the exit door. On my way back I noticed the hatch and closed it, came back to spot were I had left the BM survivor, and couldn't find him anymore.

By the time I had searched the area around the exit gate in ever widening semicircles, the survivor was nowhere to be found. He eventually bleed out about 20s before the EGC came to an end. I don't know, but to me it feld childish. Yes, he deprived me of that kill, but in doing so wasted both of our time, with nothing to be gained, and this I would consider griefing, but you might decide this is a valid tactic to withold a mediocre ammount of points from to oppisition, if you like.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    Options

Guess you also condone camping, tunneling and slugging. The same logic applies afterall, they won't feel bad if the killer gets crushed, so use what you want?

Sounds like a valid take.

• foxsansbox
    Options

Why do you have to say it isn't the survivor's objective for me to say that it is? I pointed it out because it's obvious and you missed the memo, not because you denied it. Survivors have 2 objectives. Gens -> Escape. Everything else is downtime for when they have extreme control of the game. Your logic path is frightening.

I added exactly what I needed to add, whether or not you're able to understand. I don't need to have some extra-cursory understanding of who you are, I'm responding directly to what you wrote on the forum.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

So you sympathize with Survivors using a boring tactic but not with Killers? Nice bias

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Never met survivor who feels bad for gen rushing.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Or maybe matchmaking cocked up, they realised they were in a game that was going to be miserable for them and committed to the approach that meant they could at least get something rather than running around being outplayed for the sake of everyone else.

Why is it that matchmaking is suddenly assumed to be infallible when you get instant camping/tunnelling?

• Grimzy
    Grimzy Member Posts: 219
    Options

Kills are salty about gen rushing, but ...like what do they expect to happen? That is literally the ONLY objective survivors have, that is their goal: repair gens -> escape.

The longer the match drags on, the more the balance tips towards the killer. If survivors wouldnt focus on gens, then its literally a ,lost match for them after a while.

Tunneling and camping is a different issue though. While personally i dont think gen speeds are a problem, camping is. There should be actuall more punishing penalties for kilelrs decaying over time if they stand within a certain proximity of a hook for too long and with that a few survivor perks would need to be slightly changed to make it evenly fair.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Tunneling and gen rushing is meta for a while. I dislike facecamping at 5 gens but anything else is fine since we can play around it

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,417
    edited December 2021
    Options

Survivors will and do "gen rush" anyway regardless of Killer's style of play. Fair killers (which is where Survivors will have fun game) will get gen rushed too and even tbagged at the exit gates on top of being nice. Then you could also say "I understand 100% now why Killers camp and tunnel".

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
    Options

Yeah, man, salt can happen both ways. And it's not the survivors fault for gen speed, it's the game's mechanics fault. Gens should have a top speed cap (and maybe then we could also have an anti-camp mechanic). But playing as survivor or killer, you can use whatever the game provides you to win and your adversary has no right to whine about it. If they think the game is unbalanced, they should give feedback to BHVR. I will never understand players who get salty in post game chat.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

As solo survivor I escape perhaps 60% of my games, and gens rush is what you have to do or there would be 0% escapes. There is no time for fooling around in this game. Same as someone playing killer unless camping is your playstyle you need to be on the move all the time there is no time to waste.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

according to some killer mains, you can do totems and do gens while killer is camping😑

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496
    Options

I don't blame any killer who does this now that hit validation is a thing.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I mean, generally wanting to win is reason enough to do whatever it takes within the rules to do so. Not like I'm gonna slow down and give my opponent(s) a chance.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643
    edited December 2021
    Options

In one good chase 2-3 gens will pop. If you have to chase survivors 3 times minimum to fully sacrifice then multiply that times 4… The killer gets some hooks, and second phases. No sacrifices. That’s what’s happening with the new MMR. Even with double pip and 4K I get 35K BP as killer without BBQ. With 4 essential perks I can get 4k. BBQ is just for BPs so it hinders a killers potential to sacrifice. Allowing survivors escape. Then I still get less because no full sacrifices. BBQ should stack for every sacrifice, and not the first one. 12 stacks total. Remove aura reading, or reduce it to 3 seconds. Without BP killer simply isn’t worth sweating with survivors.

I’ll camp the first person I catch in a trial if multiple gens fire off. When there’s 2 gens left in 2 minutes someone should’ve been dead. Period. Especially if the killer isn’t strong like Clown or Legion. If the killer doesn’t do this they’ll likely lose. Lose as in not get any BPs because they didn’t sacrifice anyone. So you see them tunneling/camping the whole time. Using NOED to get more hooks. Etc.