Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Cleanse or Don’t Cleanse? Against Plague

iplaybothroles
iplaybothroles Member Posts: 1
edited December 2021 in Polls

Is it best to Cleanse or don’t cleanse against plague.

You cleanse then plague can’t use her power to counter loops.

If you don’t Cleanse then she is pretty much an M1 killer which could be looped by adept survivors. Or survivors can use spine chill, lithe/sprint burst combo to make enough distance. The lack of healing also can speed up gen speeds as well.

Anyone got any strategies to combat the no cleansing tactic?

Cleanse or Don’t Cleanse? Against Plague 35 votes

Cleanse
37%
JawsIsTheNextKillerpizzaduffyhp90ChordycepsMooksSakurraAwkward_FiendChurchofPigYordsVenusaPSPTrickstaaaaaAurelleBreadTube 13 votes
Don’t Cleanse
62%
GibberishtlehkyAven_FallenReikoMoriLeonardo1itaLunar_WingTaigaFixtionuL[Deleted User]bjorksnasHannonlandromatTripleStealshitmanhilapastaDino7281GuiltiiMrCalac123k0reant3aOverratedFool 22 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Cleanse

The best thing to do is cleanse and use up all of her fountains. She'll still get Corrupt Purge, but will have a limited amount of times to use it depending if survivors cleansed after that.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited December 2021
    Don’t Cleanse

Don't cleanse as long as you can't, then when there is someone on dead hook, everyone should start cleansing like crazy.

It kinda doesn't matter what you choose, both ways are valid, but most important thing: everyone should choose the same.

It just can't happen that 1 survivor cleanse and 3 don't. If you are SWF with random? Don't cleanse, till random does. That usually works.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Probably cleanse if you're in solos because of how unpredictable they are, and teammates can be bad in solo queue, allowing for Plague to snowball more easily. If you're in an SWF and your teammates are good, not cleansing would be the better option.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited December 2021

This is about right. Especially the bit about playing around the random if you don't have a full SWF

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

If we have really good control over the map than cleanse, if not, Dead Hard.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    Cleanse

Never saw the benefit of not cleansing. You are one shot and way too loud which makes looping a little harder. Once she has corrupt I can actually mostly evade her well enough and sometimes even stun her to get rid of it. Plus two healthstates.

of course it’s not always the best to cleanse immediately..

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Don’t Cleanse

Optimally if you can handle it, don't cleanse until its time to open the doors. This way it denies Plague her power spike throughout the entire game.

If you can't loop effectively without having two health states to work with then cleanse.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Cleanse

I Cleanse I prefer to be 2 hit rather than 1 hit

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

Cleans on fountains away from gens, or edge or wait till the end of the game is probably the best strategy.

I thought about maining Plague. Still might, i just kinda like variety.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    Cleanse

I been playing her a lot lately. And cleansing strategically can actually be good. Since it will reset her ability. Cleanse as far as possible till you guys get close to the location she is at.

• OverratedFool
    OverratedFool Member Posts: 66
    Don’t Cleanse

Basically the opposite of this, is my view. If I'm SQ, which I usually am, I don't know who/what I'm playing with. I could easily with with a 2 or 3 man SWF who want to not cleanse. I'm not going to ruin the game for them. I'm comfortable enough being injured all game, if that's how they want to play it. If others start to cleanse, then I'll cleanse. Dino said it well, everybody should be on the same page.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Cleanse

Just out-cleanse her and you'll all be healthy with her only having 60 seconds of corrupt. Doing this is extremely easy and effective with even basic coordination

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

Can't pick any of the options, because it depends.

In general do not cleanse unless:

1. You are dead on hook
    2. Other survivors cleanse as well
    3. You can use up the last remaining pool
    4. Gens are done
  • Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,278
    Don’t Cleanse

Once you're infected, count the pools. If she has just 1 corrupted pool, then DON'T cleanse. Once that is gone, she's just a m1 killer.

If the situation goes nasty, or she has 2 apples, then cleanse far away.

The important thing is always keeping 1 person healthy for emergency situations.