We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Immersive Build Series II: Deathslinger

Nemmy_Wemmy
Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Now on to our boy Caleb's turn to get a post dedicated for his very own lore accurate perk discussion and builds. Since at the time of writing this, he currently has no tome to draw from, therefore I'll be taking his lore description, addon descriptions, and his outfit lore to build a picture with which I can craft what I consider to fit his character. I will return to change some things if needed when a new tome comes for him.

Here are some important things to note about his character:

• Very smart, engineer, and inventor.
  • Was betrayed twice, each time swearing vengeance, being highly driven by it to the point of squandering his talents.
  • Went to prison for 15 years.
  • Has an intense rage like no other for those that wrong him.
  • Brought back bounties alive, rather than dead.
  • His gang is very loyal to him.
  • Killed a lawman simply for getting in his way...doesn't like when others interfere.

Perks that fit his character

These are perks that fit his character, Ill explain why and how they fit under each section below.

Expert Engineer/intelligence

• Tinkerer - Quite frequently in his lore it says how deathslinger is always tweaking and umm...tinkering with his gun and other inventions, who is to say that he hasn't fiddled with the gens in such a way that he knows exactly before they get finished?
  • Franklin's Demise - Deathslinger had his invention stolen by his old boss, the way he sees it, every item came from one of his chests and he wants it back! "the devices began turning up at other companies, the patents stolen from Caleb and sold."
  • Hoarders - He has created booby trapped chests to bait survivors to for, which he will immediately know that they have been tampered with.
  • Dragon's Grip - I think this is pretty dang fitting as well, you basically tweak with a gen to make it a trap that your "bounty" will fall for allowing for an easier capture.
  • Hangman's Trick - This can reference the outlaws he captured that inevitably got hanged. Also shows off his ability to tinker with objects...like hooks.
  • Discordance - He is a knower, again don't mess with his mechanical stuffs!
  • Zanshin Tactics - Again, he is shown to be very smart. He probably memorizes all escape routes that survivors, and in his real life, could possibly take.
  • Eruption - What it does in game and how its described in its description sound like slingy boi to me. Knows the ins and outs of his equipment, and could also be a nod to his anger...his emotions erupt so to say. "..provides you with the intelligence and awareness needed to set a trap."

Anger/Vengeance

• Fire Up - It is shown in the lore that he becomes overwhelmed with rage and violently attacks his boss and later the warden. This would represent his anger quite well, his anger at his stuff being tampered with (gens) and his bounties close to getting away.
  • Rancor - Them touching his generators builds his rage...rather than delivering the survivors to the entity..he can't contain his anger and decides to kill them instead.
  • Nemesis - This perk basically fits his perfectly, he spent a majority of his life just trying to get back at his old boss by serving the warden. Stun/blind him in any way ..then you have wronged our boy Caleb and he will go out of his way to make you regret it. In this case I wouldn't use this tho unless you are rocking rancor as well.
  • Noed - Same reasoning as rancor, but he unleashes his anger on everyone rather than just one person. I think this makes more sense for him, but Im realllllly unsure about the movement speed bonus, he has a screwed up leg and leg brace for a reason.
  • Haunted Grounds - Could look at it as almost a trap that provides direct vengeance once its destroyed.

Prison Time

• Blood Warden - No perk could fit more perfectly for him than this. Locking survivors in the trial with you represents his own prison time, it represents his history with his own warden, and rather than just slinger being trapped, the survs are trapped with him. And not to mention "The man's blood dripped from his face, crimson pooling at his feet. The Hellshire Gang swarmed the warden, snapping bones with each kick." The wardens blood do be dripping down Caleb's face.
  • No Way Out - Just like the warden and his old boss, when caleb and his gang descended upon them, they had no way out..lul just as survivors try to escape and are blocked.
  • Remember Me - Keeps survivors in the match longer, locked in with him longer. Caveat being that the obsession isn't effected by it.
  • Claustrophobia - I rationalize this as the entity manifesting slingers own probable feelings of being confined in such a small area for such a long time as a weapon to be used against survivors. Tho to be honest this perk sucks, I'd wait for another buff.

Other/Misc

• Starstruck - Get in his way while he carries his target and he will kill you just like he did that lawman that tried to interfere. This also sort of gives incentive not to interfere, like in his lore even tho he stopped outright killing and started capturing alive, he still earned the name deathslinger...in dbd survivors being scared to be around him when he has a survivor represents this well! "A silver badge taken from the corpse of a lawman in Arizona Territory who interfered with the Hellshire Gang's bounties."
  • Forced Penance - Similar reason as starstruck, but rather than "killing them", it just gravely injures them.
  • Knock Out - Considering he captured his bounties alive, surely he had to tie them up or knock them out somehow, but he did have his gang with him so I guess they could just over power a single bounty so..either way this is an option.

Builds

For the three most fitting perks I'd chose Blood Warden, Nemesis, Tinkerer...but that's not really a build to have a freebie with because you'd be forced to run an obsession perk to make it work.

Go with Blood Warden, Eruption, Tinkerer + Freebie

Now for a full build I'd say...Blood Warden, Tinkerer, Nemesis, and Rancor...although..if you wanna double down on his intelligence then use dragons grip and eruption or hangmans trick for the final two spots.

If you want you could place more importance on his infamy as the deathslinger and the actions he took of the lawman who got in his way and swap out rancor and Nemesis with eruption and starstruck.

So what do you guys think? What perks fit Deathslinger the best? What perks do you use on him for your lore accurate builds?

immersive build series

1. Nemesis (Gonna completely revamp it so that its equal quality of this one)
  2. Deathslinger
  3. TBD
Post edited by Nemmy_Wemmy on

Comments