Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Can't have Rainbow Maps anymore

BlueJaf
BlueJaf Member Posts: 28

On PC. The character is Nancy Prestige 3 level 50.

I've spent a fair amount of bloodpoints acquiring all perks and then just getting more items to play with friends.

I used to get Rainbow Maps on her, but I noticed what can only be a bug (2 reasons).

First reason: Since I couldn't find Rainbow Maps in bloodweb, I asked a friend to bring one in and trade with me. I escaped the trials 3 times with a Rainbow Map, but I don't get any in my inventory. They just disappear.

Second reason: I noticed that after spending roughly 8+ million blood points in the bloodweb (on the Nancy character mentioned above) I've never seen a single Rainbow map. I used to get them a while back, but they have failed to show up in forever.

I have log files of games where I exit the trial with a blood map but they don't register in my inventory, however I cannot upload them here, as it states that they are too big for the maximum allowed on forum (you guys should really look into that).

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

You know, it's interesting that you mention this. I haven't experienced any such issues personally, but there was a friend I was trying to give an anniversary flashlight to a few weeks back, but after two escapes and a third game with a White Ward, they never came through and the character he was using (Steve) couldn't keep them. They always disappeared at the end of the trial even though he escaped holding them.

I didn't really think much of it at the time, but I wonder if this is related?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,217

Weird, I had something similar happen on Kate. I bought a Winter Party Starter on her Bloodweb and it didn't go into her inventory. I don't know if that happened for any other items, the Winter Party Starter was just very obvious.

• Sapphyre
    Sapphyre Member Posts: 8

I haven't noticed this issue since I don't play those survivors often, but have you noticed if it's only Rainbow Maps? Are other iridescent items/add-ons not showing up (ie. key, flashlight bulb). Also wondered if it might be related to it being Steve and Nancy - both part of the now removed Stranger Things pack.

• BlueJaf

It's a little hard to notice at this point since I have a lot of stuff on her, and bloodwebs reward kinda meld together. I'll try to see if I can keep track of more objects.

However using basic maths, it seems that I might have issue with getting Purple Key (can't remember the name), as I never use them (at all), but I seem to have 0 of them in my inventory. It doesn't seem logical that over 10+ million bloodpoints I'd have none of them.

• BlueJaf

Well there is likely still a problem, even maybe a big widespread one, but after looting and exiting trials with 4 more rainbow maps (found in chests), the last one finally registered and entered my inventory (the other 3 just vanished again), and since then I've been able to find them in my bloodwebs again.