Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are survivor queue times getting longer?!

gammatsunami
gammatsunami Member Posts: 545
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

4.4k hours and this is how you act. All I said was gg wp

Really over killer, and this game in general lately. Boons + MMR are killing it for me

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

The queue times get longer due to less Killers playing... where you play

So on and so forth

It seems the entitlement reaches far (for both sides)

i would've just said GG without the WP

GGWP seems to come off as toxic nowadays

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

I mean survivor queues were doomed the moment they released mmr despite literally 95% of their community saying its a bad idea. Then they add boons which made killer even less fun because 8 second heal = balanced. "BuT IT tAkes 2 SEconds tO snUFF thE bOON" yeah assuming killer can hear the boon from its entire radius, heads up you can't anymore since the ptb for Mikaela.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited December 2021

Literally the most recent match I played, I had a teammate accuse the killer of camping and tunneling, calling them bad at the game, a weirdo, a loser, and unable to chase.

It was a Huntress with pretty normal perks - Ruin, Lullaby, Nurse's, and Fearmonger. Ruin went down within the first minute of the game and I never noticed Lullaby existed. Nothing to get salty about.

The only camping she did was in the endgame, when there's literally nothing else for the killer to do. When I pointed this out in chat, the teammate then accused the Huntress of tunneling her friend. The killer got her first hook four minutes into the game after at least seven chases that each resulted in one injury, and one down that got picked up because she left to chase someone else. On the dead player's second hook, I walked up to the killer and took a down to divert attention, and she picked me up instead of pursuing the fleeing Mikaela. (There were three players in the area, no reason for her to leave the hook.) That player didn't die until a minute and a half after that anyway - probably because she ran to her CoH in a spot the killer already knew about. The Huntress got two kills in the end purely out of endgame hook trading and it was a pretty fair and fun game; one of the better ones I'd played today. Honestly, I thought the killer should have tunneled more, because she switched targets a lot and CoH was nearly always in play.

I should also point out that there were two identical Mikaelas and you can't be expected to differentiate between two players who only differ between their teeny tiny survivor charms.

But nope. Camper, tunneler, bad killer, needed to learn how to play the game.

I tend to trust people when they say survivors complained about nothing because in my experience, survivors complain about nothing all the time. Hell, once I was accused of camping in a game I farmed and got one hook total.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I mean, yes, that was his point. This is the typical experience and that is why less people want to play killer. You would need to genuinely not care which is apparently easier said than done for most people. I see one of these psychos? I laugh it off and move on. But it seems to bother some killer mains for whatever reason. I can vaguely tell why, if someone acted like this irl, I would definitely start something over it. This is not irl, though. It is some weird delusional survivor main...

I have no clue how people enjoy this game without being able to accept that the playerbase acts this way. It is something I learned to accept the week I started.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Yeah I had a game where a Jake called me “basura” (which is garbage in Spanish) and “tunneler.” I’m against using that tat-tic (unless it’s a Claudette don’t care about them they will never have a good game so long as I’m playing killer) and I didn’t tunnel anyone in that game. 4k in RPD and the Jake was a horrible teammate. Why on earth are you allowing your injured teammate to be expose to a shred attack from demo in a small hallway that goes straight. Your fault being to scared to take a hit when you were right there. Both survivors and killer act salty and at this point you just have to have thick skin. Easier said than done. Just be the better person and move on. If only people were nicer

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

Majority rules. Dbd is mob rule. Survivors are most definitely the more toxic group. I play killer most of the time, and I would say over half of my matches are 3 or 4 swf teams and every single one of them have at least one gross toxic player.

They may not always blast the chat in the end, but I'm getting teabag spamming after every pallet and window vault almost every game I play.

I've learned to ignore the BM. Survivors do gens in my face bc they aren't afraid of killers anymore.

It's most definitely the BEHAVIOR and attitude of swf teams. They expect the win, and God forbid they get outplayed once in awhile.

The anger comes in waves I've never seen in a game before.

And I come from the call of duty days where being racist and mother insulting was a right of passage

Dbd is worse than that.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285

At this point I question the sanity of people who still let the endgame chat active. Seriously dude, the one or two ggs are not worth the amount of insults you're going to get.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

I don't know what's sadder the fact it keeps on happening or the fact everyone expects it now. I guess it shows how people think when it comes to this game at times.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

True... It is best to not say anything

I do say GG to all those Xbox players (cause that's what platform I play on)

And if something a bit toxic comes up I ignore

• KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171

Youre forgetting that there is no way to play toxic in game per BHVR. The only toxic thing to them is end game chat insults. Just because you tunnel or camp doesnt mean you should be insulted after the game.

• gammatsunami
    edited December 2021

Which I didnt, I was going for adept. So I was trying to go really far away from hooks ect.

It was on the new map, they had the boon somewhere I didnt have time to find it. healing super fast ect

As you can see I am not a noob to the game, and I have put close to $1000AUD into it. This is the closest ive been to quitting, still not quite there because I am holding out hope for a MMR or boon change, but my hours have dropped considerably. Right now I am having fun doing adept challenges though.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

I'll put it simply. There are way more than enough tools to make the killer suffer.

Borrowed time needs to only work once just like DS. Boons need to be breakable. Pallets need to not hit someone from so far away. Items need to be nerfed. It isn't a horror game it's a torment the big ugly person simulator.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

My survivor q times are still the same for me, so not a problem.

Also you were going for adept plague, which isn't easy so you only got a 1k. How does that make the game not fun for killers?

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

The more stressfull it is to play killer, the less killers you will see. The less killers you see, the longer survivor que times will be. simple as that

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

Mine has actually been faster for my wife and I than they use to be. It used to be like 5-10min at peak now it's like 1-2.

• Stubbsyefc1
    Stubbsyefc1 Member Posts: 108

We killers are on strike 🔥 Killers feel weak and we all know why.

• Axx
    Axx Member Posts: 392

Imagine having 4k+ hours and acting like this lmao. This person 100% knows that survivor is stronger than killer when played well, but they don't care. The balance lets these people just keep their inflated egos and keep on being toxic. Sadly, nothing will change.

• gammatsunami

Didnt hide anything, I said gg wp. I can only show so much in a screenshot, and if I showed video ill get banned for showing names, I dont know how to edit video like that.

I dont really care if you dont believe me though.