Sabotage Challenge needs a rework

Gameboyman99
Gameboyman99 Member Posts: 13
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

"Sabotage 18 hooks"

Ok, so what happens when you make this challenge is you incentivize people getting a toolbox with a lot of charges just to run around and waste time sabotaging hooks for no reason.

This challenge should be reworked to "Sabotage (X) number of hooks within (X) number of meters of the killer." That way you aren't incentivizing players to actively avoid playing the game.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,160

I'm fine with my teammates sabotaging hooks. More often than not it causes the killer to go after them. It's also a quick and easy challenge which is nice. It's definitely way better than the ones where you need 4swf or random variables in the match to go in your favor to complete.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

I swear whenever I put on Blood Debt, the killer refuses to chase me or the person who's already dead on hook unhooks me

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Making people sabo near the killer isn't going to make them actually sabotage properly. It's just going to make it so that instead of saboing random hooks around the map, they're going to chase the killer, sabo hooks next to them, and then die early when that inevitably leads them to being caught. There are always people that will prioritize rushing the challenge over playing the game.

Hook sabo challenges aren't as bad as totem cleansing challenges or chest opening challenges for incentivizing your teammates to waste time. At least hooks are pretty quick work, and with any luck, the killer will be checking out noise pings in random spots, taking a bit of pressure off your gen.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,370

YEa, or someone else keeps beating you to the unhook on the person who unhooked you.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

No, these are fine.

Doable pretty fast. I you have bring those gloves addon - killer won´t be notified if you sabo with toolbox.

I also hate the ones that take ages to finish.