In game Store:

Vampirox
Vampirox Member Posts: 411

with the in game store releasing and allowing to play to unlock stuff what about the people who spend real money will they get any exclusive or special for actually "supporting" the game?

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited June 2018
    Vampirox said:

with the in game store releasing and allowing to play to unlock stuff what about the people who spend real money will they get any exclusive or special for actually "supporting" the game?

Doubt it. No game I know of does this. You either grind or skip the process and waste your cash on it. Nothing special should be given to people that take the easy way.

If they did this, I would be kind of annoyed. Why should a dude who doesnt want to play the game to actually earn his stuff get more than me, someone who worked within the game to get it?

The Very Rare outfits can only be bought with cash. Theres your "support exclusive."

If anything, people who played the game prior to 2.0 should get something exclusive for supporting the game throughout its mess of a life cycle these last 2 years.
  • Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103

They did say directly buying the DLC will give you exclusive cosmetics compared to unlocking it with shards.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Noodle said:

They did say directly buying the DLC will give you exclusive cosmetics compared to unlocking it with shards.

The DLC, not cosmetics. So you're saying if we buy the characters we get exclusive items?

Can you provide a source? Cause I was actually asking for something like that, give something exclusive to people who bought, say the Doctor before 2.0
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@weirdkid5 said:
    Noodle said:

The DLC, not cosmetics. So you're saying if we buy the characters we get exclusive items?

Can you provide a source? Cause I was actually asking for something like that, give something exclusive to people who bought, say the Doctor before 2.0

can’t find exact time they said this, but what noodle said is indeed true.

• Noodle
    Noodle Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:
    Noodle said:

Not sure why my old post was removed but anyways you'd have to go back 2-3 streams and rewatch them to find but they said if you directly purchase (future) DLC with money you will get exclusive cosmetics matching that DLC's theme. As for old DLC so far they have given Dwight a special cosmetic head for people who purchased the Leatherface DLC but they have not come out and said anything about giving out exclusive cosmetics to old DLC like the Doctor's. At the moment we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vampirox said:

No, devs said no exclusives anymore

• LePhantomHD
    LePhantomHD Member Posts: 1

@Vampirox said:

" DLCs will still be an option and for the same price. You'll get the killer, the survivor and an **exclusive skin **- all of this for a discounted price when compared to buying each component with Auric Cells"

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/1038/dead-by-daylight-2-0-ptb-info

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187

@Noodle said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Noodle said:

Not sure why my old post was removed but anyways you'd have to go back 2-3 streams and rewatch them to find but they said if you directly purchase (future) DLC with money you will get exclusive cosmetics matching that DLC's theme. As for old DLC so far they have given Dwight a special cosmetic head for people who purchased the Leatherface DLC but they have not come out and said anything about giving out exclusive cosmetics to old DLC like the Doctor's. At the moment we'll just have to wait and see what they do.

Wait, what? They gave Dwight a head cosmetic if you bought Leatherface? When did that happen? D;

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@ComelyStar said:

@Noodle said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Noodle said:

Wait, what? They gave Dwight a head cosmetic if you bought Leatherface? When did that happen? D;

@ComelyStar said:

@Noodle said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Noodle said:

Tommorow, currently you can see it in PTB.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    edited June 2018

"DLCs will still be an option. In this case, you’ll get both the killer and the survivor and an extra exclusive skin for a discounted price."

Source : http://www.deadbydaylight.com/posts/2018/store/

So yeah, you get something if you go the paid DLC route vs unlocking with time/in game currency for individual characters.

Edit : I'm an idiot and skipped a message already pointing this out.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

I can confirm this.
    Devs said, on their stream, that directly buying the DLC with money instead of purchasing it with Shards in the new store will give an EXCLUSIVE cosmetics. The source is the stream with the french accent asian wamen.

EDIT : looking at the post above, it seems like it's possibly just a discount tho.

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I can confirm this.
    Devs said, on their stream, that directly buying the DLC with money instead of purchasing it with Shards in the new store will give an EXCLUSIVE cosmetics. The source is the stream with the french accent asian wamen.

EDIT : looking at the post above, it seems like it's possibly just a discount tho.

Yeah I was always wondering if the "discounted price" part was only about the exclusive skin.
    If we are willing to spend the money and support the Devs by buying the DLC instead of unlocking it, what's the point of offering an exclusive skin at a "discounted price" when we might not even want to buy auric cells packs? Feels more like an illusion of a good deal, unless you are one to waste your money on that overpriced stuff. For buying the DLC they should give you a skin just for free, even if it's just a single cosmetic item worth 350-400 auric cells. Discounted price, phe, what a joke.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@ComelyStar said:
    Yeah I was always wondering if the "discounted price" part was only about the exclusive skin.
    If we are willing to spend the money and support the Devs by buying the DLC instead of unlocking it, what's the point of offering an exclusive skin at a "discounted price" when we might not even want to buy auric cells packs? Feels more like an illusion of a good deal, unless you are one to waste your money on that overpriced stuff. For buying the DLC they should give you a skin just for free, even if it's just a single cosmetic item worth 350-400 auric cells. Discounted price, phe, what a joke.

It is badly worded, I pretty sure the sentance means: buy a pack of "killer + survivor" for a discounted price (7$ like current DLCs, for example), and as a bonus, you alsp get an exclusive cosmetic (like the Dwight's one for Leatherface DLC).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I can confirm this.

Funny, but they also said that they want to ger rid of ALL exclusives.... pathetic

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018

@Master

That’s like calling any dlc cosmetic exclusive. It isn’t, just requires you to spend $7. Not exclusive. Exclusive would be impossible to get after a certain deadline or limited stock