The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Unable to search for friend

I’m trying to search for my friend to play, he just started playing on PC, I’m on Switch. We both have cross play on and searched the name with the #. Is anyone else having issues with with?

10 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Hi, this is currently a known issue that's being looked into.

Comments

• OGdie
    OGdie Member Posts: 1

I'm actually having the same problem rn, I was trying to play with my gf and I'm on pc and and she was gonna use the switch but when I clicked the search button no results popped up, not one. It was completely blank. Glad to see I'm not the only one. I used the # thing too and nothing.

• Ariaoff
    Ariaoff Member Posts: 1

Me and my friends are having the same issues

• Nico2433
    Nico2433 Member Posts: 1

The same thing happens to me, I try to search for friends and nothing appears, it's as if the magnifying glass to search doesn't work and it's overwhelming. If you found a solution I appreciate it :)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,910

There's no solution to this as yet, it's being worked on from our end - we've also given a login bonus as a gesture of goodwill due to the issues from yesterday and the friends issue that people are currently affected by.

• LordChaos01
    LordChaos01 Member Posts: 10

I have the same problem trying to play with epic game friend

• Deadlia
    Deadlia Member Posts: 23

The search was working a few days ago but me and my brother couldn't find each other in the list. He's on PlayStation and I'm on PC.

• Losleazy
    Losleazy Member Posts: 1

Me and my new pc friend are having this issue, it kinda sucks :(

• panam
    panam Member Posts: 2

Yeah same, I'm on PC, and my other friends are on xbox and switch, we would love to play together but it sucks that we cant

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846
    edited December 2021

I have problem ps4 with ps5 - ps4 no appears in friend list in ps5 . I invite play dbd on ps4, on ps5 say need install dbd ps4 version. Ps5 cant invite me no appears in list.

Solution: remove friend in psn e add again

• Lkskiasu
    Lkskiasu Member Posts: 2

Is there any update to this?

My friend is from Epic Games and mine is Steam. She can search for me but I cannot search for her.

To add to my observations, there are only 10 search results at any point of time, however typing her full name yields no result.

When she found me, she tried to invite me, however my gamertag changed after logging out and logging in but the search results still show the old gamertag

• Lkskiasu
    Lkskiasu Member Posts: 2

Still no update?