The day dead hard will get nerfed survivors true skills will be shown the the community

wewantbetterfun
wewantbetterfun Applicant Posts: 286
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

None.

Reach a pallet/window they don't deserve extending the loop by 2 gens? removed

Killer outplaying you and you get your jail free card? removed

dead hard hit validation abuse (there's no way with the amount of validation killers get you'd get this often exhausted on the ground) removed

using different exhaustion perks so at least when they don't reach a pallet/window they don't deserve the chase simply ends

If dead hard alone would be removed killers would be easily nearly half as hard as it currently is, survivors running dead ahrd are so insecure about their looping skills they simply cannot live without their jail free skilless perk, I once played with some good survivors who always ran dead hard and we played a kill your friends and removed perk, they couldn't last more than 2 loops without dead hard

If you are a survivor constantly running dead hard, try to live without your second chance perk.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,684

I heard that after Dead Hard is fixed, anyone that selects it will spawn straight into the tally screen at the start of the match because they're soooooooo bad.

/s

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 771

The difference is if I'm playing killer and I pull off a great mind game by moonwalking or hiding my red stain the survivor can't just hit a button to avoid my hit the second they realize I fooled them. This is where Dead Hard is complete bs. It makes playing killer feel unrewarded and blue balled. If someone uses sprint burst it'll take you a few more seconds to catch up to them but once you do they are exhausted and you can lunge whenever you want and not worry about being outplayed by a second chance.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Sprint burst at least can help the killer to gauge if it is worth trying to chase, and they can at least force the exhaustion. There is also mindbreaker (or whatever it was renamed) to mitigate SB. You don’t know the survivor has dead hard until after you are in the chase. DH can easily add 30 seconds plus to a chase, with no possible counter by the killer.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,684

Mindbreaker is an amazing SB counter after the survivor uses it 1x (I say 1x because they're probably going to be able to wait out the initial Exhaustion before you get there).

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 643

The moment they use DH just camp them ⛺️🔥. Let them whine, DC, and let themselves get sacced. They want to extend chases for free to win EZ. So put them on a hook and be sacrificed EZ. Especially with STBFL. Makes this easy.

The moment a killer gets playing sportingly out of their minds. The moment killer begins to bully the survivors the way they do your killers. The happier you’ll be. You actually Pip from it too if you do it right. Which is why survivors “Bully”.All those pallet slams and flashlight saves pips them up.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Yessss. I have mentioned this b4. I have been running into more SB lately and I would rather them have DH. At least with that you have a chance of them ######### up or being baited. SB users are always safe anywhere on the map.

If its just one or 2 people using it I ignore them and slaughter their team until I catch them off guard or exhausted.

• wewantbetterfun

okay let's say DH is nerfed, what would killers complain next? still DS? killers always did, but what else? there's the usual swf complains and genrush, but is there actually many other perks killers complain? not that much.

• wewantbetterfun

survivors mainly only complain about noed and not many other perks, killers complain about many survivor perks because they are mostly all busted, should BT allow a survivor to body block for 12 seconds and then complain about tunneling with or without ds? no, remove collision, should Iron will totally stops survivors from breathing? most definitely a bug that they totally can't fix but it's justified, is unbreakable a pain in the ass? totally, 1 unbreakable can ruin the whole match for killer, CoH range is busted and like mclean said it should be 16 meters and not 24.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

i totally sucked when i tried to used it anyway🤷🏼‍♀️

blamed hit boxes at the time,

but it was jus that my timing was horrible, lulz

• wewantbetterfun

now survivors abuse the hit validation, gotta love it -_-

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,962

I'm not saying these perks aren't strong. I'd argue that some of them need adjustments and some of them don't. But that's not the question I was answering. Survivors complain about more perks than NOED just like killers complain about more perks than Dead Hard, and nerfing either of those isn't going to fix all the emergent issues with the game or stop people from complaining about things that hurt them in their matches. It didn't stop when Undying got nerfed, it didn't stop when DS got nerfed, it didn't stop when Ruin got overhauled, it didn't stop when keys got nerfed, it didn't stop when moris got nerfed, it didn't stop when BNP got nerfed, it didn't stop when instaheals got nerfed, it didn't stop when infinites got nerfed. Why would it stop now?

The idea that removing Dead Hard would fix the issues with this game and force seemingly dependent survivors to git gud is wrong. Skilled survivors, the ones who cause the most trouble with the perk, can play fine without Dead Hard. They just use it to reliably extend the amount of time they can safely run the killer. The ones who know all tiles, can accurately gauge how far the killer is behind them, and know exactly how much distance they have to work with can run you like a champion without exhaustion perks. Adding in an exhaustion perk just adds to the time they can stall you, and DH is currently the dominant strategy.

I don't like the current state of Dead Hard and think something needs to give, but I'm not naive enough to think this will be the end of killer issues with survivor gameplay, or that the survivors that give me trouble with Dead Hard are helpless without the perk.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,853

Question I use lithe does that mean I'm more skilled than dead hard users?

• wewantbetterfun

I don't see anyone complain about keys anymore and neither about moris, they both got nerfed to the ground and it's fine, however I am sad moris are near useless now while keys can still maybe allow one escape, insta heals are gone and no one complain about this, we don't complain too much about them, it's the healing speed the issue, this is what we complain about, BNP is still very strong but I don't see complains about that.

If players still complains it's because there is still issues about it, and I am not saying removing DH will fix the issues, the maps are the main issues and how the tyles can be chained without wasting pallets or by taking so much time by having so many safe pallets over and over again, but if DH was for exemple removed, MANY of the issues would already be really more forgiving because they cannot abuse this safe distance perk to allow them to extend the chase even more, they failed a mind game? they go down, they try to bait a direction but goes wrong, they go down, they can't get their jailfree card anymore and this would already be a MASSIVE improvement into the killer experience.

I know removing DH wouldn't fix the game issues, but the biggest one of it at the moment would be fixed, this is why nerfing DH is really needed, it gives way way way way too much for the survivors, most of the survivors i've faced that don't have dead hard on average go down within the first 2 pallets, this just show how much reliant survivors are to this perk, and it's bad/unhealthy.

• wewantbetterfun

Yes because you run away to another loop using a speed boost and not press E to be immortal and reach a window pallet you didn't deserved, you reached that window/pallet vault so you deserved that speed boost to get to the other loop, DH you never deserve it because without it you'd be down 100%

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,099

Yeah, there are ways to optimize around SB for both roles. DH is the easier of the two to quantify, so I think that's why it gets the hate it does. I typically pair SB with Spine Chill, so it's 30 seconds before an M1 killer can start a chase with me.

• Bluebird
    Bluebird Member Posts: 297

I run Dead Hard with No Mither solely so it's basically a second life 🤧

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 771

That is literally the most boring game style of play I've ever heard. No killer with half a brain will ever chase you if that's how how play.

• wewantbetterfun

imagine using such a skilless perk because you are so insecure of your skills

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I mean yeah but people that know how to use print burst aren't that common and if they're good at it they likely use it over dead hard already anyways. My bigger concern would be the influx of overcome usages not a broken perk just seems really boring to go against. At least Overcome has counters though unlike SB and DH when used properly.

• spinodemdem
    spinodemdem Member Posts: 56

With all the hatred I have for Dead Hard,the killers do have perks to compensate for that,just look at STBFL,a perk which completely counters DH because it gives the killer a stack, atleast that's what is happening to me. If DH gets removed,perks like Balanced Landing will start to be used , and people starting to use their strode key for games.

Simply put,in my opinion the DH removal will only cause more havoc.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302
    edited December 2021

Dead hard should only give i frames and an animation of a dodge. It shouldn't burst you forward the same net distance in a chase as sprint burst. With this change, it would still help avoid an attack for a brief period without being abusable in chase like how it is now.

Sprint burst should be the "distance" perk. It has to be used at the beginning of a chase and only can be used mid chase with a skillful 99 exhaustion save. Much better in my opinion.

Much healthier too, because unalike dead hard, sprint burst doesn't feel like you got robbed of a hit, it gives the survivor a head start, or let's them get to a new tile mid chase, without the middle finger of making you eat a miss cooldown

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Which we need more of, because it doesn't seem like anything except making M1 killers literally unusable is going to work to get them some help.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    edited December 2021

I don't use DH anymore and I'm fine.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Survivors literally do the exact same thing and to a much bigger extent.

I don't think people will complain as much about Sprint Burst if it ever becomes as popular because the best killers have better tools against holding W.

Nurse and Blight against multiple Sprint Bursts isn't as detrimental as multiple Dead Hards.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,901

I mean, I agree that DH needs a nerf, but people just use what the devs give them so it's not the players fault afterall (or not entirely at least).