The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Serious suggestion for improving console Nurse, Quick Turn Option. Devs please read !

Glaive
Glaive Member Posts: 65
edited November 2018 in General Discussions

The main issue with nurse for me is turning speed even with higher sensitivity, the controller just isn’t good enough, teleporting to a survivor on the other side of a pallet and turning around instantly can’t be done like it can with a mouse, the Nurse was designed with a mouse in mind way before console was even considered. 

One of my favourite multiplayer games of all time is “Left 4 Dead”, anyone who’s played this knows you need to be able to spin the camera as fast as possible when there’s a hunter pouncing behind you, BUT valve did something amazing with the Xbox version, they included a quick turn button, one press of a button and your character would 180 as fast as the game would allow, this was a god send for me and made the game way more enjoyable being able to defend yourself and have the turn speed necessary to do so, it’s the best PC port I’ve played control wise honestly. 

So my suggestion is, can this be integrated for console at all ? I believe Nurse will benefit from it so much and she will actually be viable on console if this happens there’s plenty of spare buttons to map a quick turn to, it would also help against 360’ing for all killers. It would be so amazing if you could just teleport in front of a running survivors and instantly turn around like PC players can, it would also combat the bad FPS console gamers have to deal with. The nurse is nigh none existent on console, I believe this will really lighten her difficulty and actually attract people to playing her, 

There’s also no reason PC players wouldn’t benefit from this either. 

Post edited by Glaive on

Comments

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

@Glaive said:
    The main issue with nurse for me is turning speed even with higher sensitivity, the controller just isn’t good enough, teleporting to a survivor on the other side of a pallet and turning around instantly can’t be done like it can with a mouse, the Nurse was designed with a mouse way before console was even considered. 

One of my favourite multiplayer games of all time is “Left 4 Dead”, anyone who’s played this knows you need to be able to spin the camera as fast as possible when there’s a hunter pouncing behind you, BUT valve did something amazing with the Xbox version, they included a quick turn button, one press of a button and your character would 180 as fast as the game would allow, this was a god send for me and made the game way more enjoyable being able to defend l yourself and have the turn speed necessary to do so, it’s the best PC port I’ve played control wise honestly. 

So my suggestion is, can this be integrated for console at all ? I believe Nurse will benefit from it so much and she will actually be viable on console if this happens there’s plenty of spare buttons to map a quick turn to, it would also help against 360’ing. It would be so amazing if you could just teleport in front of a running survivors and instantly turn around like PC players can, it would also combat the bad FPS console gamers have to deal with, I want to actually be afraid when I hear her blink not think oh free game. And she’s the only killer I won’t touch and the console just isn’t designed for her movement. 

this would be awesome and be a much more efficient way of countering survivors who loop you i would love to see this on ps4 .

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    I like the idea. 
  • Glaive
    Does anyone know how to tag devs in this ?
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Interresting.

I could imagine such a button being useful on PC too

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Sounds like a great idea.

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Or they could just implement mouse and keyboard support and work for crossplay. This would benefit all of us in the long run
  • Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Sensitivity is way to low at 100%. I play most games around 60% and dbd 100% seems really sluggish.

• friendlykillermain

@AnotherRandy said:
    Or they could just implement mouse and keyboard support and work for crossplay. This would benefit all of us in the long run

NOOOO GOD PLEASE NO i know it sounds like a good idea in theory but trust me keyboard and mouse on ps4 is a bannable offense for a reason this implementation would absolutely rend those casual controller players and completely upset the dynamic a good idea in theory but in practice a living hell

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

That's a great idea!!! This would finally get me to play the nurse more

• Glaive
    edited November 2018
    Dudddd said:

That's a great idea!!! This would finally get me to play the nurse more

You guys are obviously impatient with learning how to 180 turn when blinking on a controller, theres a youtube guide video what explains why you whiff with her. I can name couple nurse mains who are good on console .
    Probably no more then 10, which is a problem, they should make nurse more accessible to console players I haven’t faced one in weeks at rank one, the only time I see one is when I play her. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited November 2018

I have been playing Nurse at red ranks almost exclusively for the last 5 days on Xbox and I find it quite easy to turn around and smack someone at a pallet. TBH the hard part for me is blinking through the pallet consistently but I've only played this killer for a very short time.

Turn your sensitivity up. I'm on 75% and I can 180 really quick. I also use Shadowborn on my Nurse.

The real problem is the frame rate. This is what hurts killers the most on console. Nurse and Huntress get it the worst, but I also get it with Hag, Freddy, Pig, and Spirit.

• AnotherRandy

@AnotherRandy said:

NOOOO GOD PLEASE NO i know it sounds like a good idea in theory but trust me keyboard and mouse on ps4 is a bannable offense for a reason this implementation would absolutely rend those casual controller players and completely upset the dynamic a good idea in theory but in practice a living hell

What are you talking? People just can buy an adapter for some dollars and can play dbd with mouse and keyboard already on ps4. This would just remove the paywal for extra hardware and make it easy accecable for everyone 
  • friendlykillermain

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

What are you talking? People just can buy an adapter for some dollars and can play dbd with mouse and keyboard already on ps4. This would just remove the paywal for extra hardware and make it easy accecable for everyone 

yeah but mouse keyboard adapters for ps4 are a bannable offense because it give you an unfair advantage over every other player effectively cheating trust me they take bans for that very seriously even more seriously then 3rd party software

• AnotherRandy

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

yeah but mouse keyboard adapters for ps4 are a bannable offense because it give you an unfair advantage over every other player effectively cheating trust me they take bans for that very seriously even more seriously then 3rd party software

Mate sorry but you have no clue about the reality. Devs can't ban on ps4 manually and the ps4 system has no way to detect those adapters. People are already using this on live streams without consequences. You are just preventing other ps4 players to have an easier access to that, which is pretty selfish if you ask me
  • friendlykillermain

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Mate sorry but you have no clue about the reality. Devs can't ban on ps4 manually and the ps4 system has no way to detect those adapters. People are already using this on live streams without consequences. You are just preventing other ps4 players to have an easier access to that, which is pretty selfish if you ask me

no if a report is made they can nalyze the footage and most of the time they ban the offenders as for streamers since when do famous people have rules

• Might_Oakk

@friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

no if a report is made they can nalyze the footage and most of the time they ban the offenders as for streamers since when do famous people have rules

No bans on console mate.

• Might_Oakk

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Tbh I just think they don't really care about console enough to m+k support. It has been like 1.5 years and no ban system.

• AnotherRandy

@AnotherRandy said:
    friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Dud the ######### are you talking about all time? How do you want to report somebody using keyboard and mouse?? Do you have nothing better to so then spreading false informations? Ffs
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

M/KB native support is coming to Xbox in the next update supposedly.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@friendlykillermain said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Lol it’s not bannable go ask blizzard who has been trying since release to do something with it on over watch lol

• ConsoleNurse
    ConsoleNurse Member Posts: 170
    As a nurse main i support it
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@Might_Oakk said:
    Sensitivity is way to low at 100%. I play most games around 60% and dbd 100% seems really sluggish.

Any faster and you risk tearing. (That's what she said?)