The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do I deal with survivors that follow me?

HelloThere
HelloThere Member Posts: 59
edited December 2021 in General Discussions

Sometimes when I play killer I get chased by a survivor with a flashlight. Following me to flashlight save their fellow survivors or trying to distract me at any chance.

I already tried to kill em, but the thing is their much better than me at looping.

The thing is there is not always a wall to look at instead.

So my question is, has anyone who has dealt with them tips for me?

Edit:

Thanks for all your awsome Responses.

You all helped me a lot, in differnt ways to counter them or just looking at that differently.

And yeah I should work on my killer game.

Again thank you all :D

Post edited by HelloThere on

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited December 2021

You can run the perk lightborn and not care about flashlights. Franklins demise can knock the flashlights out of their hands. You can also use the perks Iron grasp agitation and starstruck and make it dangerous for them. Otherwise, your only other option is to bait by acting like you are about to pick up the survivor and then hit the saver when they get too close.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,270

I recommend you use Lightborn over Starstruck. When I notice the killer has Starstruck, I avoid being near them and focus on gens rather than rescue and I’d think other survivors who are better than me would do the same.

With Lightborn, you can pretend that you don’t have it and just let the survivors think they’re not using flashlights properly by tilting your head in a direction away from the light. Many of them are stubborn and would keep trying to blind you, giving you a free hit, though the wiser ones would figure it out eventually.

With really annoying survivors, whose obvious goal isn’t to play the game but rather, to annoy the killer, you can pretend to afk so they can all gather around you. You can then get a couple of free hits.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Don't follow them if they follow you cause they're not doing any gens just running around and bait the flashlight save by pretending to pick them up if you can't find them search your surroundings and make sure nobody is nearby and if you find them and hit them they're more than likely to run however sometimes they'll stay nearby so just be caution cause they may return also lightborn can help avoid that

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

The reason I say 'use Starstruck' is because it has utility, especially when paired with Agitation, even if people know you have it.

Once you show Lightborn, it just encourages people to not go for flashlight saves. Starstruck makes everyone paranoid and gets them running the second you down someone.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Sometimes If the killer tunnels the first surv I chase him and point to the hook so he could kill me. He wants an easy game and I give it to him

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

I think throwing your game to chase your chaser would be a good way to practise and learn how to loop and chase better.

In the other hand, as someone said, the survivor chasing you is not repairing, which is a good thing for you.

Without any perks for it you can still find your way to play against flashlights, although sometimes a flashy save just happens and there's nothing you can do about it.

Get better as killer, just keep playing and you'll get the experience you need for that.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Lightborne

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited December 2021

Don't.

A survivor following you is giving you free pressure by not contributing to their objective (Gens).

If you are chasing someone else you are pressuring 2 survivors with one chase its a gift. If you get the down, then chase the flashlight off and go for the pick up or just slug and then commit to the flashlight player. You still have pressure on 2 people for free.

Learn good ways to avoid flashlight saves there are vids about this or do what I do and run lightborn and not worry about it at all.

Even if running lightborn act like you are trying to dodge flashlight saves. Most will keep on trying and further gimp their team by not contributing.

When down to only 2-3 survivors you can commit to any chase you want. If the person is hard committed to following you around even if you ignore them, which they often are, then there is probably still 3 gens up by the time you get that first kill. In this case their lack of contribution will hand you a 3-4k.

The goal is don't get tilted by it use it to your advantage.

Edit: The goal to not being tilted, is to realise that they are just trying to have fun same as you, its not personal or toxic and there is no need to get pissy over a game. Use their playstyle to advantage yourself.

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528

literally just let them chase you it means they arent doing gens as for the flashlight saves if there is no wall to kiss then just fake pick up and hit them once and when they run away just turn the opposite direction and pick up

• StarLost
    edited December 2021

The issue arises when people know that there is an area of the map with literally only one viable hook and always sabo it. Eyrie, RPD, Pantry, Badham, Haddonfield and sometimes Midwich are horrible in this regard.

It makes this area into a complete deadzone where you will either be totally unable to hook someone that goes down there, or makes it incredibly easy to deny hooks with a small amount of bodyblocking. I've yet to find an answer to this.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274

lightborn. i actually love when survivors chase me, cuz thats 2 people not on gens

• StarLost

More like 1 in 10 right now. It's something that's certainly catching on and I'd predict that you'll see it more and more (much like the unhookable spots on Asylum and Eyrie are seeing more and more use).

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Equip Lightborn and just ignore them if they follow you. Them following you is one less person doing gens, so that's a benefit.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,194

I don't mean this in a negative way, but the best way to deal with it is to improve at killer and hit them/down them. You shouldn't dilute your builds with a perk like Lightborn. That won't help you improve in the long run. I get that stuff like being followed is frustrating while you're learning, but it's best to take your lumps and improve bit by bit.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

Lightborn

Until you've learned to play around the flashlight.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I actually think the opposite. Good builds don't help you when you're learning, because you already need a certain level of skill to take advantage of them. Perks like Lightborn are perfect for newer killers because they shore up weaknesses in your gameplay.