The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New chapter

Dead by daylight should add the scream chapter.
New killer: ghostface
New survivor: Sidney prescott
Email me if this is a good idea
Sulfur_platinum@hotmail.com

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Ghost face just doesn't fit the DbD theme.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Blueberry said:

Why do you think that?
    I see him hitting all the boxes for me.
    -Iconic Character
    -Long Historic Franchise
    -Got his own reboot with a ######### protagonist 

Only thing see wrong about him is being the killers side main use cause its our claudette.

• Blueberry
    edited November 2018

@FayeZahara said:
    Blueberry said:

Why do you think that?

-Iconic Character

-Long Historic Franchise

Only thing see wrong about him is being the killers side main use cause its our claudette.

None of those check boxes have anything to do with fitting the dbd theme.

He's an almost comical character which doesn't fit the dbd theme thus far and has even been said as something the devs didn't want. His main weapon is also one we've already used (MM).

• LifeInsanity
    LifeInsanity Member Posts: 2
    What about a killer that used cabinets like a Boogeyman situation? 
  • Blueberry

@LifeInsanity said:

That's actually an idea I was thinking about as well. Not make it his main power, but a secondary one like The Pig. Allow him to travel between lockers across the map. This would give him lots of map pressure, some close range mind games and even work against SWF because they couldn't always be sure where he was or think they're safe. They could make an ultra-rare that gives the locker travel an unlimited range or one that removes the cooldown on it.

How about his main power allowing him to cause a nearby locker to yank a survivor inside if they come to close to one when he's within range. Now this could be a killer with potential for ending pallet loops that are near lockers.

Please BHVR make this happen, sounds awesome haha

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i bet the devs would like nothing more than more licensed killers, but there is one problem:
    they are licensed. its no use telling the devs to add killer X from the movie Y, as they cant decide that. in the end, all they can do is ask nicely and hope that the licenseholders are willing to grant them access to the killer / survivor / location, which costs them money, and so the DLC will cost money too.

like, when the game first launched, i bet none of the devs ever dreamed of getting a licensed killer in here, so thats why they had their own killers inspired by them (Trapper = Jason, Hillbilly = Leatherface). i still remember when the devs introduced the first halloween update, including Michael Myers. the message they send to the community made it pretty clear, how hyped they were, when they first realised, that they can now get movie killers in this game...

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

@Blueberry said:

@LifeInsanity said:

That's actually an idea I was thinking about as well. Not make it his main power, but a secondary one like The Pig. Allow him to travel between lockers across the map. This would give him lots of map pressure, some close range mind games and even work against SWF because they couldn't always be sure where he was or think they're safe. They could make an ultra-rare that gives the locker travel an unlimited range or one that removes the cooldown on it.

How about his main power allowing him to cause a nearby locker to yank a survivor inside if they come to close to one when he's within range. Now this could be a killer with potential for ending pallet loops that are near lockers.

Please BHVR make this happen, sounds awesome haha

I had a similar idea for Ghostface teleporting around with lockers:

(to give the illusion of there being multiple killers like in the movie)

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/24734#Comment_24734

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Blueberry said:

@FayeZahara said:
    Blueberry said:

Why do you think that?

-Iconic Character

-Long Historic Franchise

None of those check boxes have anything to do with fitting the dbd theme.

He's an almost comical character which doesn't fit the dbd theme thus far and has even been said as something the devs didn't want. His main weapon is also one we've already used (MM).

He isn't that comical the fact most every horror movie copied its formula is comedy. With leatherface they showed that can do similiar weapons also.
    Never seen such comments in all there many streams but even if they said it. They also have said they would never do a clown. Sooner or later they change there mind on certain matters.
    Devs ussually don't speak about what they don't want to do in streams. (They leave vague idk and maybes) Have seen them share personal wants in killers. Like game director saying wants pinhead and ui designer saying like faz bear.

Plus the fact the scream mask licenser saying in talks with dbd team and waiting for movie license to go through. I doubt he would lie about that really cause he has nothing to gain. Ghostface is more of a matter of time

I want other killers but i know he is coming and will enjoy him. As long as it aint a stuipid cringe version of killer i am happy. You may not like the franchise or movies but adding ghostface will give them more traction. Way more then adding a killer i want like candyman.