The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

how do you hover 2 far away exist gates as trickster ? (4.4m)

i noticed whenever i close the hatch and the 2 exist gates spawn faraway from each other there is nothing i can do , i start hovering them but when i leave 1 gate they have more than enough time to open it and leave? does it have something to do with trickster being slower? or is there a strategy i'm missing? i'm new to the game , thank you

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

You don’t. You have to basically hope you get lucky

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

If you use his perk "no way out" you can hover in the middle and wait for the gates to make a noise that tells you they touched the switch.

They can still get lucky and find a key in a chest but most times you will find them.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Trickster being slower has little to do with it. The difference between 4.4 and 4.6 is huge in chases but mostly irrelevant in map traversel.

(for example if the exit gates were 50m appart it would take a 4.6 killer 10.87 seconds and a 4.4 killer 11.36 seconds, barelly a half second difference)

The best thing you can do is find ways to get line of sight of the exit gates (you can see the lights from very far away) and patrol unpredictable. Don't just go back and forth but pretend to go away and turn back instantly. It's a risk sometimes but being predictable is as well

Be especially aware of disturbed crows as survivors rarely keep them in mind

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,926

Being 4.6 or 4.4 in that situation makes almost no difference.

Let's say you travel for 10 seconds, that would be 44 metres on Trickster and 46 metres on Trapper for example.

This speed difference makes a huge difference in chase but almost no difference in map traversal.