Can anyone tell the difference with Hope?

Options

Title.

Comments

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I will test it right now and see.

• steezo_de
    Options

Faster than my mates, not faster than NOED.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Yes. It'll take the killer a few seconds longer to catch up to you. Could mean the difference between getting to a pallet/window/exit or not. Not really worth carrying since it only lasts 2 minutes at the end of the game, though. 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Unless you are running a niche build, it isnt worth. It is a noticeable difference, but not worth for the reason @theagitatedapricot said

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Considering the Killer is 15% faster, hope increasing your movement speed by 7-8% should mean that chases take twice the time.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Considering the Killer is 15% faster, hope increasing your movement speed by 7-8% should mean that chases take twice the time.

yeah than if the killer has noed it cancels out hope.

• UltraX
    UltraX Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hope is better than what people give it credit for. Many times it has gotten me to the exit gates even if the Killer had NOED chasing me. Don't underestimate it.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Hope is a pretty terrible perk. Adrenaline would be a much better alternative if you want a perk for end game.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

( i accidentally quoted my own post when i went to make an edit, i am an idiot )

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Pretty simple : Don't bring Hope. Bring Adrenaline if you want an actual useful lategame perk.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Pretty simple : Don't bring Hope. Bring Adrenaline if you want an actual useful lategame perk.

Maybe? I use both on different characters, and I actually prefer hope. Adrenaline is fine, but the boost from it is short lived & it's nice if you happen to need to go up a health state at the time, but otherwise Idk. Hope has saved me & has helped me save my teammates a few times.

• Runiver
    Options

@TheXenoborg said:
    Adrenaline/SB and Hope can stack at the end which is nice. I would have prefered if Hope's numbers were slightly greater, like 10-12%. But I still wouldn't find it useful since it's more like a perk that needs to be stacked with something else. Definitely not a good stand-alone perk.

Maybe if it increased ALL action speeds, including vaulting, interaction, searching, healing, sabo, cleansing, opening gates, crawling, recovering, running, walking, crouching, drop stagger by 10-12% AND makes your cooldowns faster by 7-10% then maybe it would be half decent.

12% would have actually made survivors to be as fast as killer when sprinting in circles close to walls, due to the bigger killer hitbox.
    You could have basically ran the killer nearly to infinite loops.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Runiver said:

Why would i want a perk that gives me a boost of speed but leaves me exhausted rather than a perk that would give me a slightly faster boost of speed and NOT leave me exhausted.

• steezo_de
    edited June 2018
    Options

You're forgetting the heal you get from Adrenaline. That's a big deal if you're slugged, injured and being chased, or hooked and about to get saved. Along with the speed boost you get with the perk, it's a nice combo... or a really dumb combo, depending on your side of the knife.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    I consider it the same as lightweight. Maybe not noticable to you, but a big difference to the killer.
  • Runiver
    Options

@Cetren said:
    I consider it the same as lightweight. Maybe not noticable to you, but a big difference to the killer.

It makes perks like DS to be, instead of a 18s (minimum) required to catch up, a 33s (minimum) to catch up, if running in straight line. Quite a difference if you ask me, but very situational.