Chapter: War and Steel (criticism wanted)

Options
Huntedfailure
Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181
edited November 2018 in Creations
                                                        # #Chapter: War and Steel

Killer: The anarchist is a killer based around disrupting survivors and slowing progress

Killer Bio: Nicole Bisset was only 16 when the Nazis set up watch points in her home town and took complete control of it but her people were having none of it and they quickly rebelled and over the years their rebellion drove them out but they weren’t done, Nicole was recruited as scout at 21 and was sent to disrupt the Germans march into France but in the fight she was burned across the arm and then shot in the leg then they took her prisoner. After weeks without food they sent in an interrogator to try pry information from her that she didn’t have and with this a routine started and day by day she was tortured until a dark force emerged and she broke from her prison and stole her interrogators butter fly knife and slit his throat open she then rampaged throughout the prison and broke everyone out. Now a hero among the rebellion she was appointed head of battle tactics but the position was quickly taken away when she was caught beating a soldier and just like that she snapped and killed who told her superiors. Now a criminal to the rebellion she created a mask made of scrap metal and she killer who ever though was evil and that devolved into kill everyone, she had gone crazy all the pain had broken her and that’s when she was taken in her sleep and found herself amongst fog and pray.

Ability, fire within: you have a fire in you and they’ll have one outside of them, every time you hit a survivor you fill up a meter around your ability icon and after 3 hits you can activate it which allows you for 7 second to have 4% faster movement speed and attacks that instantly makes a survivor enter the dying state when hit and after the times up your movement speed is decreased by 4% of your base speed and your ability will need to be recharged.

Weapon: Rusty butterfly knife.

Stats: Base movement speed but 2% smaller lunge distant.

Perks

Perk 1, March of death: There marching to their death, after breaking a generator all nearby survivors gain a 1/2/3/4% percent speed decrease for 2 seconds. – “Beobachten Sie die Franzosen bis zu ihrem Tod.” – German soldier

Perk 2, Leave the weak: They’ll learn to leave the weak behind or die, if a survivor is around an injured survivor for 3 seconds they’ll be revealed for 1/2/3/4 seconds. - “laisse André il est poids mort!” – Nicole Bisset

Perk 3, Chaos incarnate: You’ll bring chaos to all who oppose you, after breaking a generator last person who worked on it will be revealed for 2 seconds. - “Nicole semé le chaos dans les forces allemandes et nous la remercions pour cela!” - lieutenant Daniel

Add – ons

The anarchist add-ons decrease the speed debuff and make the speed boost more powerful.

Survivor: Jack Miller is a survivor based around going undetected and powering through damage

Survivor bio: Jack Miller was a child born into poverty as he was stuck in orphanage until he was 16 when he was released onto the streets there he stole for food and warmth until one day he stole from the wrong person and he had to run and as that person’s henchmen wondered the streets looking for him he had to hide and hide he did and when they found him he fought through all the damage and pain and came through and before he could realize he was 21 and had stolen enough money to get himself a crappy apartment but the money he was making wasn’t enough and in order to make more money he joined an underground fighting ring where he proved he take a hit but there was exception a punch that put him in the hospital but when he woke from said hospital he wasn’t there instead he was in a dark fog.

Perks

Perk 1, Fighting spirit: you can take a hit, after a hit there’s a 5% chance you’ll enter a borrowed time state. – “your strong Miller but not strong enough for this guy” –coach Alan

Perk 2, Living in shadow: You’ve lived in shadow before this is nothing new, being undetected in the killer’s terror radius for 10/7/5/2 seconds while going detected will make the next skill check easier by 3% - “come back Jack we just want to talk!” – unknown thug

Perk 3, Blood in the dark: You still feel it even when you can’t see it, if your hit while vaulting over a window or pallet you gain a 2% speed boost for 2 seconds. – “your testing your luck out there because a lot of people want you dead.” – unknown

Map: The French trenches

Comments

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,663
    edited November 2018
    Options

I greatly dislike the killer's ability. One hit knockdown killers should have drawbacks. All of them currently in the game do.
    1. Hillbilly stuns if he runs into objects and his attack requires a charge time and is heavily telegraphed.
    2. Cannibal stuns if he runs into objects and requires close proximity and charge time to activate.
    3. Shape requires large amounts of time spent stalking survivors and has limited duration (without an ultra rare add on).

But this killer's draw backs are far worse than any of those. 3 is a terrible number of hits to require as an activate cost. For all intents and purposes that is the equivalent of requiring 4 hits since a killer would be dumb to waste it's activation on an injured survivor. So essentially, you can only use the ability once every 3rd chase at most.

The idea of a killer that gets stronger as he/she injures survivors is interesting. I think there is room there from a design standpoint. I just think you are way off the mark as it how it should look. As for the perks:

**Perk 1, March of death: There marching to their death, after breaking a generator all nearby survivors gain a 1/2/3/4% percent speed decrease for 2 seconds. **

I really hate this perk. There aren't 4 ranks in a perk for one thing. The 2 second duration is beyond bad. Having a speed decrease against survivors out of a chase is worthless. There is just so much to hate about this perk.

**Perk 2, Leave the weak: They’ll learn to leave the weak behind or die, if a survivor is around an injured survivor for 3 seconds they’ll be revealed for 1/2/3/4 seconds. **

This perk is a little crazy. On the one hand, survivors almost universally use self care. So you get zero value when they do that. I also don't think a killer perk that discourages survivors from healing each other is a particularly good thing for the game. It has no range limit which is a little bonkers. The duration is so short that you could easily miss the aura too. Some things about the perk are too weak and some things are too strong. In general, I think that Nurse's Calling does the job of this perk in a healthier way for the game.

****Perk 3, Chaos incarnate: You’ll bring chaos to all who oppose you, after breaking a generator last person who worked on it will be revealed for 2 seconds. ****

For one thing, this perk doesn't describe what different ranks will do. The easy answer is to extend the duration of the aura. Something like 2/3/4 seconds. But beyond that, I'm not sure how I feel about the perk. It's useful. But I don't know if it could be considered fair to survivors. There isn't really much in the way of counterplay for survivors. Not working on generators isn't an option. I don't think it's really fair for a survivor who is paying attention and notices a killer coming in their direction, carefully walks away without leaving scratch marks and then immediately has position given away at no fault of their own. Maybe if it had some kind of range limit then it wouldn't be so bad.