Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What's your guy's ideas on Samara's Power?

Awesomely, Samara Morgan's getting in the game, so what do you guys think her power will be?

Personally I think it would go like this: There would be wells located throughout each map, acting similar to the demogorgan's portals, allowing her to traverse the map quickly and sense survivors near it. Survivors could also interact with the wells, stopping the wells from detecting them.

(I know how stupid it sounds, but it's the best I can think of :(. )

What do you guys think it would be?

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited January 2022

We were told in the interview that we're getting something more based on the books than the films, and we're thus dealing with "smallpox Sadoko" rather than Samara from the English bastardizations.

I think various interactions with things in the trials ought to 'tier up' Samara - an inbuilt thing similar to Fire Up and progressive potential for 'infection' which starts to mess with survivor controls.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Let’s say they can put down wells or something that they can crawl through, to go from one to another. Also let’s say she gets a funny long range lunge attack.

But I sure don’t hope they replace demo

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045

she'll be able to put down pools of hair that slow survivors by -15%. she'll also be able to teleport to gens. on top of that, survivors can interact with a well to uncurse themselves, which makes them immune to her pools of hair for 90 whole seconds.

i think that sounds like an extremely creative power. anyone with me?

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

It's gonna basically be something something if survivors vault/drop the pallet use your power and hit them, if they don't then fake it and hit them

Alternatively it's going to be something something spam stuff that hinders survivors forcing the pallet drop or the m1

Anything well designed, powerful and entertaining for both sides? Hahah nah

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,173

I'm wondering, with it being a virus, whether it's a constant curse survivors have to continuously deal with up until they escape, so every second becomes precious, balancing gens with prolonging the cursed affect.

If the curse is fully-realised, then Samara may be able to either down or even Mori on the spot. I'm wondering if her passive power will be stronger than her active power, assuming that's the direction they're heading towards.