The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Not much can win against this

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

When versing a massive slowdown build. I've played against this numerous and numerous times and the end result is always exactly the same. It is always a bloody bloodbath because this killer with those perks and addons are so extremely oppressive. The game could never be fair when killers can "stack" slowdown perks, combined with an extremely high mobile and agile killer with addons such as this. I don't have to mention the name, the icon is so familiar.

I think slowdown and aura perks should be treated like exhaustion perks. Only one per trial. The killer needs to choose how he wants to slow the game down. Through passively with Ruin/Corrupt or aggressively with POP. Both is horribly broken when used together and Tinkerer simply enables god mode with it.

If the devs want to improve solo and regular queues, you need to look at this screenshot. Status symbols won't help against this. Four slowdown perks are too strong together.

Comments

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

A bloody bloodbath? Can anything really be that bloody?

• Sluzzy

He slugged a lot and tinkerer told him where the others were at.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

I'd say the core complaint here is infinite Rush Hyper-Blight with Pop/Tinkerer and that Ruin allows passive regression on a Generator without Blight needing to take the time to move to a Generator to "reset" Tinkerer on a Generator.

Corrupt is Temporary.

Ruin can be Cleansed.

Pop is more effective on Hyper-mobile Killers and feeds into a Snowball given a lack of cooldown.

Tinkerer is more effective on Hyper-mobile Killers and feeds into passive/AoE regression Perks like Ruin. (Solution could be a requirement for the Killer to Kick a Generator for it to be able to proc Tinker again on the same Generator).

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    edited January 2022

Tinkerer should definitely be a one time per gen use, that perk is definitely not OP but on certain killers it's kinda busted. Just take these builds for granted, some people are bad at the killer and need it in order to win. Congratulate him for needing the training wheels and move on

• Sluzzy

You can't look at it like that. Survivor perks help individual survivors. Killer perks affects the entire match.

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

If i follow the score i believe tinkerer trigger only 1 time in the entire game maybe 2 because survivor spawn on gen lol.

The killer perk did not matter in that game i would be surprise if you guys did 2 gen.

If you dont want to get slug make sure the killer dont see the other survivir when you get down

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

I agree with everything in the post, shockingly, except for aura and slowdown being limited to 1 per game. Stacking mass slowdown on high-mobility killers is a problem, but with the amount of perks in the game I'm more for implementing choice-restriction on the killer instead of on the perks.

• AnObserver
    AnObserver Member Posts: 747

No Loadout UI restrictions. Maybe a Tooltip that notifies you if you have Perks that have conflicting states, but not a complete restriction.

For Killer, regression "Exhaustion" should be handled by Entity Block and suppression of the Generator Kick Action while it is regressing.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

What would be the point of posting gameplay on the forums? The DbD community watches some of the best killers in the world play in tournaments and all they can say is "stretched res". Not once has anyone's gameplay ever been validated in the history of DbD.

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2022

This is literally the meta build for blight. Some run undying instead of pop. I'm not gonna say this build is unbeatable but if a blight who knows how to play takes this build in and wants to play ruthlessly they are going to dumpster 99% of the games they play in Pubs. Does that make it OP? not necessarily, but soloQ doesn't really have the tools to deal with something that a good SWF squad could struggle with.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • legrosporc69

This would be fair if survivor had access to only 1 perk each but its not like that its 16 perk vs 4 perk.

High mobility killer are great because the map are too big.

The killer have 4 slowdown is because survivor have the possibility to do 4 gen in 80 sec this should not happen but its a possibility. Dont forget survivor mostly run 4 second chance perk themself because they know they dont need gen perk because its so fast its a waste of perk slot.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

Funny thing, when i used Ruin on Killer it is cleansed almost immediately. I don´t use it anymore.

As Survivor before boons i often brought small game and cleansed all totems by myself -> no Ruin, no NOED, no Hex.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

Im on earth.

Yeah its tough, but the screenshot literally proves nothing besides that the survivors probably played bad and or even gave up after first hook.

Its a strong build but once again after 2 minutes they probably would only have 2 perks left which is manageable even with them being tinkerer and pop.

Also to add to it its not like the survivors weren't running some strong perks themselves, its not like after 2 minutes they lost a perk.

• GoodBoyKaru

ah wouldnt it be wonderful if we could discuss issues one side faces without also having to discuss every issue the other side faces too

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I agree, killers should only be allowed one gen slowdown perk. But remove the ability to stack second chance perks. You can't combine bt, unbreakable, dead hard(or any exhaustion perk), decisive strike, Deliverance, soul guard, adrenaline, all of em. Only one of these perks can be used per survivor.

Then let's see how the matches go. I'm guessing it's not going to be any different.

What about removing perks completely from both sides? Yeah no, outcome is still probably going to be the same.

Maybe it's just the fact that you're not very skilled? You can replay the bots mode in the training as many times as you like. Maybe that's more on par with the level of skill you're looking for.

• legrosporc69

Yeah but the issue of each side are connected together that why you cant only fix one thing from one side whitout fixing the other.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

So be fair - sometimes you have bad luck in a game.

A killer finds you immediately at start, hooks you, downs the one that is trying to save you, defends the two hooks - boom - game over.

Happens sometimes.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I’m jealous. Sluzzy usually has DS when I tunnel em.

• Danielgdp3

Most people dont take to kindly to this type of thinking, but i agree.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

nerf killers and especially blight!!! Also DH needs lower exhaustion

all survivors must be easy iri 1 32K BP per match!

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103

"That isnt even a strong build"

"Its a strong build"

Pick one bud. Also you are massively understating the value of corrupt. Locking off half of the gens that the majority of the survivor team is going to spawn next to for 2mins in a game where matches routinely last 5-15mins is incredible.

• NOEDENJOYER
    NOEDENJOYER Member Posts: 237

Killers bring meta perks with a top tier killer, and of course, the survivor mains start complaining because it isn't an easy victory. Besides 1-2 perks on your team, every other perk could be considered meta, so you have no right to complain about the killer, to be honest.

Alchemist Ring is the only thing you can argue to be unfair/OP

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I'll say this, if you stack gen slowdown, don't complain about dead hard.

Because if you are slowing gens to a crawl, well chases need to be extended.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768

Why blame gen slowdown perks? Just say Blight.

SoloQ can't handle Blight.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Strong build.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I think the perks are fine, but Alchemist's Ring and Blighted Crow should be nerfed for sure.

• Danielgdp3

Yeah im torn, its strong but at the same time can easily not be depending on how the survivors behave in the first few minutes.

I think you are over estimating it, corrupt is good sure, but if the survivors are smart its not that good, sure you block 3/7 gens but smart survivors will wait it out and search for totems which will likely lead to ruin being cleansed. And clearly from this screenshot it doesnt look like the survivors played smart at all to score so lowly.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Do Deadlock and New Dead Man’s Switch add to this?

• Sluzzy

That would be a good way to nerf it. One time use per gen or give it like 4 stacks and once they are used up the perk is no longer usable.

Or remove one of its effects - either the gen notification or the oblivious would help.

• Sluzzy

Yes on Deadlock for sure but I don't find it as strong as say Ruin or Tinkerer on a fast killer. I don't know what the New Dead Man's Switch does.

• Sludge
    edited January 2022

Dead Hard/BT/DS was meta even when the only worthwhile slowdown perk was Ruin

So that threat has no substance

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

It's a competitive game, so you can't really separate things out like this. Frustrations and imbalances don't usually occur in a vacuum (unless it's a purely technical issue), they occur when aspects of both sides interact.

Shrug.

Honestly, with the exception of Surge on my M1 killers, I only ever run one slowdown perk as is (Surge+PR I use simply because they are both so incredibly satisfying, I could easily drop Surge and probably do better). Honestly, I find putting all your eggs into the slowdown basket (which is generally a 'win more' basket) you can actually do yourself a disservice.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

Yes it's strong is unbeatable no it's not I've beaten many Blights that use this kind of build. Be unpredictable with your movement slide one way than slide to the other and it may throw that player off, also hug walls at loops, circle around some trees I've done it and it's happen to me as well when I play Blight.

Killers use hex perks bring in Counterforce you want to avoid pop how about bring in Repressed Alliance to block the gen when he comes back to pop it with the Tinker information.

Blight has the ring try using Overcome and Lucky Break combo it works pretty well most of the time.

• GoodBoyKaru

New Dead Man's Switch (on PTB):

Upon hooking any survivor, Dead Man's Switch activates. For the next 45 seconds, any survivor that stops repairing a generator will cause the generator to be blocked for the duration of the timer.

Dead Man's Switch cannot re-activate if hooking a survivor while the perk effect is already active.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

It has substance now.

You can harken back to old times for nostalgia. But you can't eliminate an argument now because you feel it wasn't valid a year or two ago.

• Sludge

Even if all gen slowdown perks were removed tomorrow, Survivors would still use Dead Hard. It doesn't matter what build the killer has.