Dead by Daylight's most major flaw: Generators

This issue has less to do with balance and more to do with player retention. I'm sure many people would agree with me when I say generators are outdated. Usually while only one survivor occupies chase three other survivors must repair generators. But nobody really wants to sit on a generator for 80 seconds literally just holding M1. I believe the devs added skill checks years back to remedy this issue, this on top of the fact that the game could feel scary when you are new was pretty thrilling, and when we first started playing, it was enough to feel engaging. But after playing this game for a while you begin to build a tolerance, and skill checks simply don't make up for that. I personally think the devs should look for a way to make gens feel more interactive and perhaps take a bit of brain power, without changing gen speeds. I'm aware that stealth killers may be a bit of a roadblock for this idea. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    edited January 2022

I’d like to see something similar to yellow glyph skill checks used on gens to make it more engaging

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

I really enjoy the clickity clack of repairing generators. I don't mind the M1 holding at all.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,790

It's more engaging when you only need to do it once a trial. Having to constantly spam skill checks for 80 seconds at a time? No.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,149

Change it into several minigames like in Among Us where you need to do wiring and similar things like that. Have it block portion of the screen so if you try looking around while on the gen you can't see everywhere around you.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Have status effects work with skillchecks

It would make more perks better